Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 75433 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2018, 01:13:24 pm »

"Favor. One step closer to understanding. But now is not the time, I'll need more."

I need to do more that will please the Scolar. But what might he want from us. Well, I can guess. It's not exactly the most subtle about its preferences.

Sharp knives, restraints, fast sedative. These will make things go much smoother when the time arrives. Obtain them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2018, 01:39:51 pm »

Borrow a few anatomy and surgery books and have one of my connections find out about H.H.Holmes and his connection to the Scholar, then return to the basement.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2018, 07:32:31 pm »

((Sorry, forgot to post these last turns. I have been very busy recently and completely forgot about his.))

Using favor to upgrade Connections. Remember those books I asked the library for? Now that's is daytime, go retrieve them.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2018, 01:43:05 pm »

After the experience, Alexis decided that the curtains and rugs just won't cut it. The Scholar in Red seemed to be of the surgery persuasion, not a patron of just any type of knowledge. Perhaps she would need to treat the entity's taste as if it is something a surgeon or some medical personnel would care about.

Use Possession to search for any biology and anatomy books she may have, as well as any antiseptics. Yes, those are kind of needed.

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2018, 04:24:23 pm »

Are you sure you want it there and not in the new room?
((Yeah; since we'll probably spend at least one more night here. I'll just drag it over in a day or two)).

Look up any charities providing free/cheap first aid training for volunteers. I'm rather rusty and besides, I'm curious to see if that dream-knowledge will prove useful for real-life applications.

((I'm thinking of e.g. St. John Ambulance, if there's a US equivalent))
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »

(It's already in the new location.  There's no reason to sleep in an abandoned building unless you want to.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:26 am »

Guile will quietly hum his theme to himself while hidden in the trunk, ready to heroically pop out and save the day if Helen gets in trouble!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:36 am »

Keep reading

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2018, 05:04:33 pm »

I'm writing this while the forum is technically down using a page I had open before it went down. As such I can't quote. I'll list list your names before each post.

Egan

Sharp knives, and other surgical tools, are fairly easily obtained from a science supply store, under the guise of doing animal dissections for students. The restraints are also easily obtained, though you go through an "Adult bookstore" for that. Your bags of leather straps and gleaming stainless steel tools cost a combined 120 dollars. Sedatives though...those are more difficult to just walk in and pick up. Pain killers could work but those are very rarely found outside of terminal patients and those recovering from major surgery, and even then they're usually administered in the hospital. You decide to try and call in favors to find some. [3] You don't manage to get a hold of any but the last person you talk to does recommend the use of something like opium or heroin, if other methods can't be found.

Hotfire
You check out several anatomy and medical books before giving a friend you know with a masters in American history a call. He tells you that Holmes was a serial killer operating around the time of the world's fair in Chicago, in the 1890's.  Apparently the man constructed a hotel with a vast complex of secret passages and rooms which he would use to gas unsuspecting patrons, drag them down into the basement, dissect them, sell the skeleton and burn the remains.  He also defrauded a huge number of people and murdered his way through several women, living parasitically on them until he disposed of them. Most blamed his insanity on the fact that he was locked in a room with a skeleton for several hours as a young child.

Of note is that he had an eye tattooed on the inside of his left wrist.

randomgenericusername
You go retrieve the books, passing Richard on your way in.

Sir Elventide
[5]
You head up into the attic and find the old box containing your gear from an attempt at getting frog dissection taught at your school. The box is filled with little metal trays, cork board, needles, scalpels,  surgical masks, rubber gloves, absorbent pads, everything needed. You find a first aid kit as well, old but still packed with things like antiseptic, bandages, a few needles for suturing, gauze, and the like. You take both downstairs and pull the copy of Gray's anatomy off the bookshelf, balancing it on top of everything.

Tophat
Ok then.

You search a bit and find that the local YMCA is providing free first aid and CPR training.

Sy
*Muffled Guile's theme*

Pancaek
The final pages of the journal are confused. They speak of flat earths, being observed by the moon, the allegory of the cave, and finally, of the need for "this world and the other to be separated. Only then can the true masters of the earth guide us to salvation."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2018, 07:24:49 pm »

((Don't have me do something that rolls connections unless I specifically say so, please. I have only one level of the thing and a 50% chance of losing it every single time it's rolled, so I'd rather not waste it on something frivolous.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2018, 12:09:17 pm »

Read the books. Do they have any useful information I could use?

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2018, 12:34:25 pm »

Time to try and replace some of that spent money.  Start writing up, and mailing off grant requests to some of the major camera and film manufacturers, about doing research on my new idea for thermographic film.  Get some reference books on the subject from the university library to make them hopefully look better.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:29 pm »

Read the books, starting with the anatomy ones.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2018, 09:54:07 pm »

"Wait. Were we suppose to set this up here, or in the basement?

Meh, not my problem anymore.

Try going for a walk. If any rolls are stat checks occur, use my favor dice.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2018, 03:25:33 pm »

Sign up for the YMCA first aid training. Go over there and introduce myself to the volunteers, may as well make a good impression.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36