Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 75418 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »

"Come on, it's just a bunch of thorns.  You were a soldier, weren't you?  Stop being so cautious and be a man."

Help Alexander remove the thorns.  As soon as they're off the trapdoor, open it and enter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2018, 03:55:11 pm »

Oh well. Have a quick meal. Grab a sleeping bag and head back to the abandoned building. Want to make sure it's not left unattended for just anyone to find. And that nobody just takes it home with them before we have a place to set up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2018, 03:58:06 pm »

Then try to use my connections to find out about libraries that might have occult books. If that also fails, then maybe go ask the orb for guidance.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:46 pm »

Helen considered stealthily following the man to his home, but such a boring man would probably be no fun to stalk. She considered setting up some prank in his office but he'd probably be doing him a favor. Instead she opted to go find something fun to do.

Do I know anyone working in the labs here? If not, then time to meet someone! I bet someone working here at this hour must be working on either something important or something fun. Preferably both.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2018, 11:11:55 pm »

Purchase the Canon T-50. (already subtracted the price from my inventory.)  Go home, pick up the vehicle, and buy some dinner, (a rotisserie chicken), a can of concentrated drink (just add water), a picnic cooler (to fill with water at home), a few paper plates, paper cups, a sleeping bag, and a set of kitchen knives.  Finish by buying a jar of peanut butter and a couple of mousetraps.  If I need more money, withdraw it from my bank account.  Then take all this stuff over to the abandoned house.. if the people don't come back by the night, I want to be ready to remain with the orb overnight, and to, perhaps, please the god while waiting for the explorers to report in.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2018, 10:29:25 am »

Go to a library and check for occult books that have references to the scholar and his sigil.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2018, 03:37:19 pm »

"Not everything is about macho-ness, Guile," Alexis said as she rolled her eyes. "Those thorns look painful anyway."

Grabbing a stick or some other long object, Alexis will help the others remove the thorns and open the hatch.

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2018, 07:38:32 am »

"Soldier or not, I'd like to be able to actually hold this shotgun when we go down there. It would help if you, you know, helped."

Nothing much to do but keep at it.

Spoiler: Alex Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2018, 09:58:36 am »

Check out the notations in the bible, does anything seem off here or is it just regular bible study? Also read the leather bound journal some more, is there any sort of common thread to these ramblings, some kind of method to the madness? Or is it really just completely random rambling?

Regardless, go join the other while they're faffing about with the trapdoor.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2018, 06:40:09 pm »

Lance is passed out, snoring loudly in his gritty little corner.  His head rest on top a pile of magazines, with a bodybuilder's magazine draped across his face.

Beer bottles are stacked on top of each other, creating a structure similar to a house of cards, but with cheap beer instead of playing cards. On the top of this house of beers lies the red orb the Scholar in Red has given the cult.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:45:56 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2018, 06:26:00 am »

Duncan

Go to the university I work in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »

"Come on, it's just a bunch of thorns.  You were a soldier, weren't you?  Stop being so cautious and be a man."

Help Alexander remove the thorns.  As soon as they're off the trapdoor, open it and enter.

"Soldier or not, I'd like to be able to actually hold this shotgun when we go down there. It would help if you, you know, helped."

Nothing much to do but keep at it.

Spoiler: Alex Sill (click to show/hide)
"Not everything is about macho-ness, Guile," Alexis said as she rolled her eyes. "Those thorns look painful anyway."

Grabbing a stick or some other long object, Alexis will help the others remove the thorns and open the hatch.

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)
The three of you together, using the saw and fallen tree branches manage to cut or pry or shove enough of the plant away to expose the hatch. You all get a bit bloodied in the process, but the injuries are nothing beyond stinging and annoying. Guile steps in to open the hatch while Alexis and Alex hold the thorny branches back. The hatch doesn't come easily; the hinges are badly rusted and practically solid at this point. Once Guile does manage to brute force the thing open it breaks one of the hinges and tears the other one free from the wood.  He looks at the broken hatch, now detached and in his hand, with annoyance before tossing it aside.  He lowers himself down to his belly and sticks his head into the hole, looking around. Its totally dark inside, cool, damp and smells like standing water and mud. From the dying sunlight above, he can see the ground beneath the hole, about 10 feet down. Its dirt, raw and uncovered, but at least somewhat flattened. There's a wooden ladder down into the room made from pieces of branch and wood held together with wrappings of rope. He tests one and despite a very unsettling groan and shedding of dust, it seems to hold his weight.

Guile carefully climbs the ladder down, placing his weight on the rungs a little at a time till he's sure it will hold him. Not so much for the climb down- he could just lower himself down and fall the few extra feet- but for the climb back out. Once at the bottom he looks around, waiting for his eyes to adjust a bit. The room is maybe 5 meters long and 3 wide,  all bare dirt except for wooden braces holding up the ceilings and walls like the interior of a mine shaft.  the room is mostly bare except for three things: there is a wooden cabinet against the left wall. There is a circle made of what looks like braided barbed wire set into the floor. And there is what is unmistakably an altar against the back wall.  It is what looks like a repurposed end table with a white bowl placed on top of it and a remnants of dozens of red candles around it. On the wall behind it is a black cloth, a banner, with a symbol drawn on it in white paint.

Oh well. Have a quick meal. Grab a sleeping bag and head back to the abandoned building. Want to make sure it's not left unattended for just anyone to find. And that nobody just takes it home with them before we have a place to set up.

[3]
You dig through your closets, looking for your old sleeping bag. You only manage to find an old air mattress that, if you remember right, has a bad habit of going flat. Eh, whatever.  You eat some snacks you have sitting around before taking the bus back to the abandoned building, underinflated mattress and bike pump in your arms.

You set it up near the old summoning circle and after an hour of pumping finally lay down.

Then try to use my connections to find out about libraries that might have occult books. If that also fails, then maybe go ask the orb for guidance.

[5]
You call up the university library and ask about books that talk about this particular cult or anything to do with the Eye of Thoth. They tell you there are a few books on the subject, but they are shutting down for the night in a few minutes so You'll have to come in tomorrow. You put the books on hold for now.

Helen considered stealthily following the man to his home, but such a boring man would probably be no fun to stalk. She considered setting up some prank in his office but he'd probably be doing him a favor. Instead she opted to go find something fun to do.

Do I know anyone working in the labs here? If not, then time to meet someone! I bet someone working here at this hour must be working on either something important or something fun. Preferably both.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
You walk down the halls of the lab building until you come across a room with the lights on, visible out through the thin, metal wire laced window. You peek in and see three young people in lab coats working on something. One is using a microscope, the other is sitting on a stool, head in his hands, watching fluid bubble in a beaker over a Bunsen burner, and the last is carefully squirting fluid from a pipette onto microscope slides. You try the door and immediately jerk to a halt as it hits the metal pin of a deadbolt after moving maybe a half an inch. The bang of trying to open the door causes everyone in the room to look over their shoulders at you and just kind of stare.

Go to a library and check for occult books that have references to the scholar and his sigil.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
Gonna save you the price of a bus ticket: libraries won't be open by the time you reach them. But a fellow cultist has gotten leads on books and reserved them. Stuff to do tomorrow

Purchase the Canon T-50. (already subtracted the price from my inventory.)  Go home, pick up the vehicle, and buy some dinner, (a rotisserie chicken), a can of concentrated drink (just add water), a picnic cooler (to fill with water at home), a few paper plates, paper cups, a sleeping bag, and a set of kitchen knives.  Finish by buying a jar of peanut butter and a couple of mousetraps.  If I need more money, withdraw it from my bank account.  Then take all this stuff over to the abandoned house.. if the people don't come back by the night, I want to be ready to remain with the orb overnight, and to, perhaps, please the god while waiting for the explorers to report in.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Bought.  You take the bus home (-$3) and grab your car. You head to the nearest supermarket and grab a cheap but edible rotisserie chicken (-$5) a jar of concentrated drink mix (-$3) a plastic picnic cooler (-$15) a box of 100 paper plates (-$2) some cups (-$2)  and a cheap set of knives (-$12). You then hit up a nearby department store and grab a sleeping bag from the camping section (-$30) along with some rat traps (-$5) and some peanut butter (-$2). The total of all your shopping is $79.  You pile the plastic bags into your trunk and drive back to the abandoned building after stopping home to fill the cooler with water. You unload everything and carry it in, joining the guys already in there.

Check out the notations in the bible, does anything seem off here or is it just regular bible study? Also read the leather bound journal some more, is there any sort of common thread to these ramblings, some kind of method to the madness? Or is it really just completely random rambling?

Regardless, go join the other while they're faffing about with the trapdoor.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)
It seems pretty regular aside from some more...erratic notes and scribbling in genesis and revelations.  Reading through the journal will take several hours; and better light than you're gonna get inside a dark room at twilight. You'll need to work on it later.

You head out and join the rest just as Guile lowers himself into the room below.

Lance is passed out, snoring loudly in his gritty little corner.  His head rest on top a pile of magazines, with a bodybuilder's magazine draped across his face.

Beer bottles are stacked on top of each other, creating a structure similar to a house of cards, but with cheap beer instead of playing cards. On the top of this house of beers lies the red orb the Scholar in Red has given the cult.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
[4]
You can't quite get them to stay up like a house of cards. Instead you sort of make a 3d pyramid with a base of several bottles in a bunch and then several more on top of those, then one on top of those, then the Eye on top of the last bottle.

Duncan

Go to the university I work in.

Its going on 8pm right now. Chances are almost everything will be closed around the university, save for a few places where students are still working. You might be able to use your keys to get into your office and around some parts of the school but you're pretty limited till morning.

IT IS NIGHT

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2018, 03:58:14 pm »

((World Eater. Pleasant.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2018, 04:21:10 pm »

"So, what's everyone's opinion on where to set it up?  I like the University area, although the secret underground room for the church also sounds useable."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2018, 04:35:16 pm »

"The Scolar told me to use the university, so that's where we go. If you doubt me, try asking the eye yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36