Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Talking to yourself  (Read 1375 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Talking to yourself
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:34:38 am »

If you talk to an unconscious/unable to talk creature, and bypass the greeting, you can talk to yourself. Yes, this DOES satisfy needs that involve talking.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talking to yourself
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 06:45:39 pm »

Should make marriageable bonds highly amusing.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:13 pm »

Should make marriageable bonds highly amusing.
You can't marry in adventure mode.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »

I'm noticing more and more, lack of marriage, lack of smithing, how will I be able to create from scratch the Quests of Siegfried? I'll leave it up to the modding board though.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:56:10 pm »

I'm noticing more and more, lack of marriage, lack of smithing, how will I be able to create from scratch the Quests of Siegfried? I'll leave it up to the modding board though.
You can't mod in marriage. The game is less than 50% complete, it kind of makes sense, you know.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 11:09:13 pm »

You can't mod in marriage. The game is less than 50% complete, it kind of makes sense, you know.

I don't mean to impinge on this topic, but DF is the perfect format for modding in Old World style settings, like Finland's Unreal World, but with quests to slay dragons and become immortal by bathing in their blood, after forging the legendary sword spoken of in myth that is required to slay it, then going forward to win the great Queen's favor.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 11:12:17 pm »

I don't mean to impinge on this topic, but DF is the perfect format for modding in Old World style settings, like Finland's Unreal World, but with quests to slay dragons and become immortal by bathing in their blood, after forging the legendary sword spoken of in myth that is required to slay it, then going forward to win the great Queen's favor.
Procedurally generated magic is coming in ~2-3 years. So you can recreate myths or something. But you can't mod anything like that right now.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 11:47:07 pm »

If you talk to an unconscious/unable to talk creature, and bypass the greeting, you can talk to yourself. Yes, this DOES satisfy needs that involve talking.
Be careful if you try to argue with yourself - last time I played with it you could give yourself needs but not remove them.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.