Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what can I do with a caged werepanda  (Read 1036 times)

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
what can I do with a caged werepanda
« on: August 15, 2018, 12:03:12 pm »

I locked the main gate when he shows up, then he headed to the maze where I had set cage trap up. and He returned human before stepped on the cage trap.
So I got this friendly peasant cage.
What can I do with him?
The only usage I can imagine is to CURE some permanent disabled dwarves in the future.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: what can I do with a caged werepanda
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »

The trick is to get them bit without them getting dead.

Also, I capture werebeasts like pokemon and set them up in containment complexes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 01:23:41 pm »

You can always use them as part of your fort's defenses, although arranging for them to be dropped on the enemy is a bit involved and left as an exercise to the reader.  Recapturing them afterward is a likewise involved affair, but if you're lucky you may end up with more werepandas than you started with.  If you're unlucky, the invaders will just chop its head off with their first attack (although not much else slows them down).
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:31 pm »

You can always use them as part of your fort's defenses, although arranging for them to be dropped on the enemy is a bit involved and left as an exercise to the reader.  Recapturing them afterward is a likewise involved affair, but if you're lucky you may end up with more werepandas than you started with.  If you're unlucky, the invaders will just chop its head off with their first attack (although not much else slows them down).
you remind me! I can make captured invaders werepandas!
only need a sufficient and safe way to make sure it works. wiki ways seems unfit because invaders will trick cage trap no matter conscious or not

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 10:40:21 pm »

I've captured 2 zombies too. can zombies become werebeasts?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 11:08:09 pm »

I don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if the werecurse could be transferred to zombies, or any kind of undead.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:31 am »

I've captured 2 zombies too. can zombies become werebeasts?

No, creatures incapable of learning, devoid of blood, supernatural and not living cannot be cursed with it. Zombies are at least two of these categories (they cannot learn and are not living).

Additionally creatures already affected with curse (another werebeast, vampire or mummy curse) cannot be cursed too.

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 12:56:45 am »

No, creatures incapable of learning, devoid of blood, supernatural and not living cannot be cursed with it. Zombies are at least two of these categories (they cannot learn and are not living).

Additionally creatures already affected with curse (another werebeast, vampire or mummy curse) cannot be cursed too.

Thx for saving me from a pointless attemption.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 03:50:07 am »

They make good bait for giant cave spiders in your silk farm.

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 09:14:56 am »

They make good bait for giant cave spiders in your silk farm.
Ture, but I've got better one. Undead lol