Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Era of Diesel II: Of Oil and Tanks Game Thread!  (Read 3253 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel II: Of Oil and Tanks Game Thread!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 05:56:30 am »

The Pinkerton Principate also offers a Research Treaty and an Alliance to the Democratic Union.
The Democratic Union accepts on both counts.

I'll update my first post to include Diplomacy things.

I'll do likewise.

EDIT -
The Allied States notes a missive in forward--prepare for possible battle. The same follows for all other nations at present; they are however open for public alliances provided the missive is given the the other nation in question.
The Democratic Union representative seems shocked, but informs the Allied States that the Union will take every action to defend itself if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:06:05 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 06:15:11 am »

I've also updated my first post to collect all my first turn information.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 10:06:33 am »

The CNAI offers Micronation 32 an offer of chemicals in exchange for its Rares, granting it industrial capacity in exchange for scientific experiment materials the CNAI is better positioned to make use of than it is

Micronation #32 agrees to this!

In that regard they offer to deepen relationships with Nations #48 and #51 by offering them grain for coal and oil for chemicals, respectively.[/b]

The Micronations of #48 and #51 agree to this also!!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 11:34:23 am »

NPC/PC Treaties:
> Military Alliance with Microstate #33
>> Trade 1 Grain, with Microstate #35's 1 Rares
>> Trade 1 Grain with Microstate #32's 1 Rares

Microstate #33 agrees to the Alliance!
Microstate #35 agrees to the trade!
Microstate #32 apologizes because its already selling its Rares to CNAI.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 11:59:27 am »

The Leaven Island Gazette
Allied States of Aurelia Declares Alliance with Berryborough!
A piece of diplomatic news has roiled many of the politically-interested sectors of Southeastern society and here at the Leaven Island Gazette we are dedicated to bringing this international incident to you as well.

After President Monte Sawyer's announcement of the plan to reunite the Southeast, the Allied States of Aurelia launched a flurry of activity regarding The Demesne of Jane Sest, the nearest of the micronations to Aurelia, sitting in Berryborough (33). Firstly, they announced a military alliance with Berryborough, thusly announcing their intent to side with the county in any military conflict... made after Sawyer's public declaration of intent towards the former Sestshire territory. Then Aurelia announced the retrofitting of civilian aircraft to bombers, sending them to the Demesne. But that was not the only action Aurelia took -- it sent a missive to every nation it could and told them to be prepared for an incoming conflict.

President Sawyer was quoted in a press conference as saying the following in response: "Truth be told, I'm not terribly surprised. I've thought about this possibility a lot -- some nations, particularly the Allied States of Aurelia given its size, would benefit quite a bit from having the former pieces of our peoples' territory fragmented, in their sphere of influence, and with said fragments' resources at their beck and call. From a standpoint of geopolitics and power, I almost can't blame Aurelia for moving to prevent our reunification -- it would be difficult for them to have to deal with a reunited Southeast under the CNAI as a neighbor, because we would have no reason to have a subordinate relationship and would be harder to extract treaties from.

However, I was prepared for this possibility from the start. I am a thinking man, and I rarely make a decision without having spent considerable time mulling over the consequences of what may follow. And from the very beginning I knew that reunification would be a controversial prospect to those who stand to lose politically. When I considered that, I considered that the future of my people was at stake, our ability to finally end the Nine-Sided War and move on, and I knew that we had to go on anyway. Thusly I provide this statement towards Aurelia: I do not particularly wish war with your country. I will also not seek to escalate conflict significantly beyond the borders of Berryborough if it does occur. But the Conglomeration of National Automobile Industries, and indeed the Southeastern people as a whole, will not be deterred, and we will reunite our people. Make your response accordingly.”
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:41:00 pm by Powder Miner »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 09:58:22 am »

Diplomacy Compilation from all agreed-to treaties:

Pinkerton:

Research Treaty with Allied States
Research Treaty with Sudetenavik
Research Treaty with Democratic Union
Alliance with Democratic Union

Democratic Union:

Research Treaty with Pinkerton
Alliance with Pinkerton
Alliance with Micronation #48
Alliance with Micronation #51
Trade Treaty with Micronation #35, 1 Grain for 1 Rares
Trade Treaty with Micronation #48, 1 Grain for 1 Coal
Trade Treaty with Micronation #51, 1 Oil for 1 Chemicals

Sudetenavik:

Research Treaty with CNAI
Trade Treaty with CNAI, 1 Coal for 1 Grain

CNAI:

Research Treaty with Senai Union
Trade Treaty with Sudetenavik, 1 Grain for 1 Coal
Trade Treaty with Micronation #32, 1 Chemicals for 1 Rares

Allied States:

Research Treaty with Senai Union
Alliance with Senai Union
Alliance with Micronation #33
Trade Treaty with Micronation #35, 1 Grain for 1 Rares Actually CNAI got there first

Senai Union:

Research Treaty with CNAI
Alliance with Allied States

Micronations:

#32: Trade Treaty with CNAI, 1 Rares for 1 Chemicals
#33: Alliance with Allied States
#35: Trade Treaty with Democratic Union, 1 Rares for 1 Grain
#48: Trade Treaty with Democratic Union, 1 Coal for 1 Grain. Alliance with Democratic Union
#51: Trade Treaty with Democratic Union, 1 Chemicals for 1 Oil. Alliance with Democratic Union
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:51:45 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 06:29:27 am »

The Senai union offers research treaties & Alliances to Sudetenavik, CNAI & the Allied States
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 06:32:07 am »

With the (presently slow but not called 'slow' as its the norm) snail mail being processed and SOME papers being misplaced, diplomats have been sent to clarify treaties being presented. The matter being settled, and with no contact with the CNAI because the [Microstate #33] delivers good news.

The local departments of Foreign Interior Localized Services in Interim report the following treaties, and issue one more!

Quote from: Current Status
Allied to Microstate #33

:-\
The Senai union offers research treaties & Alliances to Sudetenavik, CNAI & the Allied States
:D
ACCEPT BOTH. DROP THAT ALLIANCE TO MICROSTATE #33

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 08:32:19 am »

Missive from King Nidaros III

Dear Mr Petrov,

I regret to inform you that the Kingdom of Sudetenavik rejects your offer of a research treaty and alliance. Believe me, while I would like to make my kingdom even more of a research giant than it already is, the Palace Minister for Diplomacy informs me that we already have four other treaties with other nations and are at our "treaty limit". Whatever that means.

Yours sincerely,
King Nidaros III

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 03:29:05 pm »

1910.1 (Turn 1)

CNAI's phase!

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:18:36 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 04:49:03 am »

Quote from: Excerpt from interview with Sgt. Joseph “Millet” Thompson, in the monthly magazine “Voices From the Front”
...well, in a way actually being there was... well, if I’m going to be honest with you, it was anticlimactic. President goes making grand speeches about the reunification effort, you’ve got the other corporates up there making all sorts of hand gestures and potches about how great the new combat au-to-mo-biles they have are, but we didn’t see hide nor hair of them when we marched out. Now, another sergeant friend of mine up in Leaven Island marching out on Camden says his men saw glimpses of the factories and some of the things being put together, but those of us deploying from D-u-W? Nothin’.

Just a bunch of men, me and my guys and everyone else marching out through some grain fields. Felt like we were stuck a century in the past almost. Now, I found the fields down there heartening — I’m a farmer’s boy, coming on down from Aldusfield, and the big crops of grain the fascists had down there in Astbeck made me optimistic at first. Corn, Wheat, Rye, Flax, Millet, you name it, they had it down there. You don’t usually see this thing down here in the CNAI lands, because we snagged the industrial heartland, not the agricultural one, except for Aldusfield, see, and when you’ve been through the famines in the War as a kid, well, it looks like a bounty of wealth.

Wasn’t quite the same thing once we got to the cities and towns there, much as I’d have hoped it would. The grain company, the fascists, and the royalists really seem to have been tearing each other apart down there — we got there, third of the buildings down there had been burned out for months and the big ones were completely, well, I’m not going to use impolite language but it was bad. They didn’t even throw rocks at us, I think the people down there were about as tired of the fascists as we were, and they wanted things to be over like we did. So we just... walked right on in to this disaster, and my buddy tells me the same thing went down at Eymouth. Hoping things get better for them up here.

‘Least the farmers seemed to be doing well.

The CNAI spawns tanks at all 4 factories (22/Eaglesgate, 28/Leaven Island, 25/Sestshire, 26/Firthfrith), Troops at the HQ at 25/Sestshire, and a Navy at 24/Tanhithe!
The Navy docked at 24/Tanhithe moves into Sea Province H/The Southeast Cape!
The Troops at 27/Dawsby-upon Whetmere move to 30/Astbeck! The Troops at 28/Leaven Island move to 29/Eymouth! except APPARENTLY NOT because micronations are getting retroactively repopulated so the troops aren’t going anywhere for now
The CNAI creates Factories at 24/Tanhithe, 23/Aldusfield, and 27/Dawsby-upon-Whetmere.
The CNAI begins research on Petroleum Refining.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:09:35 am by Powder Miner »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 06:38:26 am »

@CNAI:

Factories make tanks, engineers make factories. A new fleet is constructed at the port, and the CNAI military machine blooms!

Democratic Union's Phase!

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 01:39:14 pm »

Democratic Union:

Spawn troops at 55.
Move Troops from #42 to #46
Build Fortifciations at #52,#56,#39,#43,#46
Build Military HQ at #53,#49.
Build Port at #55

EDIT - Research Heavy Artillery.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:36:53 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 01:50:28 pm »

@Democratic Union:

There is a lots of construction going on this winter.

Sudetenavik's Phase!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 06:04:41 pm »

Kingdom of Sudetenavik

Raise Troops at #3
Build Navy at #1
Troops from #8 move to #9
Navy from #1 moves to Sea Region M
Build Factories at #4, #8
Build Airfields at #3, #6
Begin Research into Primitive Tanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3