Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make trolls explode into fine red mist  (Read 807 times)

Jakalor the Darkblooded

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to make trolls explode into fine red mist
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:03:36 am »

I've read about it before, but I can't remember for the life of me how to do it, mostly because I want to actually be able to explore Dark Fortresses properly without lagging out harder than a grandma on rollerskates in Brazil. Plz halp.

SpeardwarfErith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make trolls explode into fine red mist
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:47:59 am »

Well, if you set their homeotherm to something ridiculous they'll burn up as soon as they get loaded. Not sure if that's what you mean.
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud: Hello Ago. Life is, in a word, death.
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud stabs you in the lower body with his iron scimitar, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the left kidney!
The iron scimitar has lodged firmly in the wound!

Battle Royale Mode: A DFHack Script

Jakalor the Darkblooded

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 10:58:43 am »

Well, if you set their homeotherm to something ridiculous they'll burn up as soon as they get loaded. Not sure if that's what you mean.
Ah yes, that would be what I was looking for. Care to point me into the right direction on where I can find this and what to change it to?

SpeardwarfErith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:53:29 pm »

Add [HOMEOTHERM:50000] to make them as hot as dragonfire. They'll just start fires though, if you don't want them to spawn you can just delete their raws- much cleaner that way
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud: Hello Ago. Life is, in a word, death.
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud stabs you in the lower body with his iron scimitar, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the left kidney!
The iron scimitar has lodged firmly in the wound!

Battle Royale Mode: A DFHack Script

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:40:50 pm »

Ah yes, that would be what I was looking for. Care to point me into the right direction on where I can find this and what to change it to?

I think there is a setting for the amount of blood in their bodies. Setting that to zero negates any possible red mist effect though it will free up the lag.