Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Era of Diesel II: Of Oil and Tanks, OOC Thread!  (Read 5880 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel II: Of Oil and Tanks, OOC Thread!
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2018, 01:15:40 pm »

Oh I'm definitely going to send in the doom tanks, but I'm just not gonna martyr my poor troops beforehand

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 10:41:46 am »

Tiruin, to answer your question in the IC thread, I didn't spawn another army at my capital because that would put me over my troop limit.

Anyway, I have another question for the GM. Can we use the railroads of a conquered province the same turn that we capture it? E.g. I have 3 armies in A with a railroad, 1 army in B with a railroad, C is my enemy's province with a railroad and 1 army in it, and D is an enemy province with a railroad but no armies. They are connected A>B>C>D. Say I move an army from B to C, defeating the enemy army and capturing the railroad intact. Can my armies from A then capture D?

Because if so, then railroads would seem to be a huge liability if the enemy ever pierces your defensive line and has a clear shot to anywhere in your nation, including possibly the capital.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:42 am »

Similar questions have been asked in previous games. Assuming it works the same way, all your forces move, then combat occurs. So your armies in A and B will both arrive at C, stop and fight the garrison, leaving D under enemy control.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 12:42:48 pm »

Similar questions have been asked in previous games. Assuming it works the same way, all your forces move, then combat occurs. So your armies in A and B will both arrive at C, stop and fight the garrison, leaving D under enemy control.
It's always that these are processed at the same time, it just so happens that it looks like a list because formatting and linear writing wording. :P

Which is kinda why I'm curious because I do know I had it answered before in an affirmative/positive but I forget--about 'presuming capture' and then building PI on it, because it's yours, and it's less hassle to the GM anyway because you list down what you'd be planning to do anyway.

So yeah, every movement happens at once with no exceptions, supposedly mimicking time IRL (and not, say, superboosting rail-trafficking instantaneous capture), which sadly would look and sound really cool, but difficult to implement as, say, an ambush mechanic.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 12:51:52 pm »

It's specifically stated in this that you cannot use enemy railroads; assuming the combat in C succeeds I think you'd end up with 3 armies in B and one in C.

@Tiruin: Movement happens before PI building so if successful I think you should be able to build in #39. I don't know if Haspen will accept conditional alternatives, though.
Also, only Research and Trade treaties count against the treaty limit.  You can have as many alliances as you want.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2018, 01:04:19 pm »

Also, only Research and Trade treaties count against the treaty limit.  You can have as many alliances as you want.
ALL THE ALLIANCES :))

That means I had space to treaty with technically all of you! :'(
Also sorry TopHat D: I just saw nice things and my nice thing didn't get by. I'll see more into that later, thanks

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2018, 02:44:05 pm »

:o
The Kingdom of Sudetenavik is officially reopened for diplomacy. P.S. Alliances only!

Oh, and TopHat, you might want to begin researching some topic. Otherwise those RP are just getting wasted, I think.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2018, 08:53:51 am »

Oh, and TopHat, you might want to begin researching some topic. Otherwise those RP are just getting wasted, I think.
Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something.
@Haspen: Can I set research now or will I have to wait until my next turn?

Also sorry TopHat D: I just saw nice things and my nice thing didn't get by. I'll see more into that later, thanks
No worries. As a fun tidbit, the situation I initially had in mind with the building multiple PI in a province per turn question was knocking down the academy in your capital and replacing it with fortifications ;)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2018, 10:24:04 am »

All orders apply only to the situation at the start of your phase. Do you own Railroads in Province A by then? Sure, you use them. No? Then you can't use them. Can you build PI's in Province B at the start? No? Then you later in the phase either.

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something.
@Haspen: Can I set research now or will I have to wait until my next turn?

Edit it in and I will add it by the time of next update.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2018, 02:43:42 pm »

Thanks.

In other news, I think you've misread Cnidaros's orders; It looks to me like there's supposed to be one army at #7 and one at #9.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]