Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of unused tiles in a menu/map tileset?  (Read 672 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
List of unused tiles in a menu/map tileset?
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:14:03 pm »

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out which tiles are free to use in the twbt menu tilesets. Aka the ones that are only used for the worldmap and the text menus.

Has anyone by any chance done that before?

If not I'll do it and post the results later here. :-) Just thought someone smarter than me has a script around for that sort of thing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: List of unused tiles in a menu/map tileset?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:08:20 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets mentions the use of every tile and says if they're unused or used on the world map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 03:21:06 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets mentions the use of every tile and says if they're unused or used on the world map
I'm aware. Like I said, just wondered if someone already made a list, or if I make it myself. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:26:19 am »

By no means is this a definitive list, and it has not been tested yet, but I believe these are the tiles you are free to change. This is true if you modify creature raws, change the init file, modify plant tiles and implement TWBT overrides. Workshop tiles were not taken into account.

The things I'm not sure on are marked in blue.
1) If you modify the TREE_TILE of broadleaf/tropical trees in the raws, does that also modify their overworld appearance? That wiki page has cedar forest and willow forest as such, but I'm not sure.
2) The wiki states you can change demon tiles, but that's for the pre-procgen demons right? So that wiki information is outdated?
3) DL and UR box drawing tiles are listed as "fortress walls on travel map" but not UR and DR box drawings? Is this true or is the wiki missing this information?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 04:03:54 am »

Sorry dragondeplatino, thats for ingame... I was looking for the tileset twbt uses for the text menus.

The wiki is wrong in a couple of places... Demons you can override with creature sprites luckily. The forest on the map wouldnt change when you alter trees.