Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Space Based Role-playing Game: The crew is back together; Room for more players  (Read 16779 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Based Role-playing Game: Away we go! party split 3/?
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2018, 01:21:28 am »

4 hours from the Nafa system and the merchant asks you if you can make a slight detour to the B3q12 System, it is just 1 hour out of the way

Spoiler: Group stats (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Based Role-playing Game: Room for more players 3/?
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2018, 01:30:38 am »

Sure, why not?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2018, 01:55:05 am »

Captain Darnel hails you as you change course, luckily the merchant is on the bridge and Captain Darnel leaves. You made it to B3q12 and find the second planet is inhabited by a race of synths called the Replicators, the merchant explains to you that he needs to pickup a group of Replicators that have hired him, and you by extension, to transport them to Nafa-IV. From what you have gathered they are able to use raw resources, mostly metals, as a base to replicate themselves, this process requires a lot of power so it is rare to see more than 200-300 Replicators per planet and they don't have a whole lot of ships. The merchant explains that they are willing to pay in 20KT of raw resources, they do not use SC.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2018, 02:00:17 am »

Pick up the group.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2018, 03:17:22 am »

Greet fellow mechanical superior lifeform in binary

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2018, 10:23:51 am »

You pickup the group of Replicators, when they realize that Alpha-Theta 435 was captain they ask if 1 or 2 of their 20 can stay on. The merchant reminds you that 10KT if those aw resources are his because they contacted him.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2018, 10:27:50 am »

What do you think of that, Alpha?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:23 am »

Let my team rest, and try to spectate the second fight. Get an idea of what we’re up against.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

Let any willing replicators to join my crew as officers

I would just let merchant have half of fabrication resources, unless you want to convince him to other conditions

ooc : how do replicators look like ? Are they armed ?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2018, 11:37:54 pm »

Ciradwin:
Your team is too tense to rest, instead they join you in studying the next match. This match is finished in 49 minutes. It looks like Beta team decided to defend and lost no one in the defense, while Gamma team lost everyone in the offensive, although it was a slow and strategic offensive they still lost.

Alpha-Theta 435:
2 of the Replicators join your ship as officers. What positions do you give them?

Main Group:
You arrive at the Nafa System without farther incident, the merchant begins the process of offloading his goods with the help of 31 of your thralls. Is there anything you would like to do while you?

Stats:
Spoiler: Ciradwin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alpha-Theta 435 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yt'Uixaef (click to show/hide)

GM note: Replicators are about 2 meters tall and 4 meters long with bodies that are segmented every 1 meter. They have a pair of legs and a pair of arms per segment. Each segment can be independent from the rest(this is their replicating ability), though this requires about 4 GJ of power(less than 1% of a power cell's max charge) per segment and to rebuild those segments requires 2 GJ each and about 1 week.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:11:52 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2018, 02:04:41 am »

Assign one as weapons officer to oversee weapon systems and another one as navigation officer to man sensor arrays and perform ship movement or defensive maneuvres

Is there market out here or sort of space tavern with void wolfs drinking space rum ?
OOC

How are weapons located across the ship, are they mounted in turrets or batteries for giving broadsides or combination of both.
Do missiles have various types of warheads or all are same ?
What are fighters carrying as weapons ?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2018, 02:06:42 am »

I need a drink. That was stressful.

Look around for a tavern or something.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:11 am »

Alpha-Theta 435:
You assign them their positions.

Yt'Uixaef:
You find a tavern but there is an entrance fee of 7 SC, it must be a fancy one.

Main Group:
The merchant has offloaded all his goods, and give Yt'Uixaef a 4 SC bonus and informed you that he will refer others to you.

Spoiler:  Alpha-Theta 435 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yt'Uixaef (click to show/hide)

Gm Note: There are markets and taverns but no void wolfs. Weapons are turret mounted. For missiles there are no warhead variants. Fighters have 2 small mounts an 1 medium mounts.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2018, 09:14:18 am »

Take 18 SC (entrance fee plus whatever the drink may cost, and then some) and enter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2018, 09:15:09 am »

the big problem I saw was that they were well co-ordinated with their defense. Gamma messed up by pressing their attack too slowly. Thankfully, we have a demolitions expert and possibly a few stun grenades.

Same base strategy, with the priority being to get Yisr in range to flush them out with explosives. Advance quickly, and Have Fara and Taed picking off targets at every opportunity while Atya and I provide covering fire for Yisr.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23