Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: DoomsDay Dawn OOC Thread [Pathfinder Playtest] (6/6|0/3)  (Read 9988 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: DoomsDay Dawn [Pathfinder Playtest] (6/6|0/3)
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2018, 08:10:12 am »

I know, but a lantern could be obvious against opponents capable of recognizing such. Of course, I'm getting one anyway, but hopefully there's some small amount of background lighting to help my stealth.

My advice is to have a really good perception score.

The clever rogue relies on all five senses!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2018, 08:33:48 pm »

Edited my sheet very slightly, I now have one serving of caltrops. Just, you know, in case I happen to need that. >_>

This has cost me 1 ration, 2.5 silver, and the ability to access my lantern without going through my backpack. Gonna say that's worth it. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2018, 08:43:56 am »

Here's all the sheets we got so far for ease of finding and comparing them.

Vem Korle the Elven Alchemist (Played by Dwarmin)

Sigrun the inferior Human Monk (Played by Egan_BW).

Yisake "Scaramouche" the Human Bard (Played by Pancake)

Penda Alesiev, the Human Rogue (Played by Doubloon-Seven)

I should note everyone in our current team has pretty much dumped INT, and no one has much in the way of defense, healing, or sustaining abilities. I know we have a magic using character coming up (Possibly a cleric), and possibly a paladin? All those are good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:11:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2018, 09:05:27 am »

Yeah, since we already have a face I'm going to dump charisma somewhat to be more tanky.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:18 am »

When this comes up in RPG's I always think of this image. :P

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:11 am »

Dwarmin, you completely ignored mine.

Avanti!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2018, 10:27:56 am »

Not completely. :P

Now that I found it I edited it in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2018, 01:14:11 pm »

Note that dropping int below 10 doesn't actually get me anything, I'm just using the optional handicap rule because I think my character might be kinda dumb.
Though I find that image hard to relate to this system because your everything starts at average, and then only gets better as you add more things to your character. Unless you do what I did. :v Which again provides no mechanical benefit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2018, 09:31:00 am »

So we still need two sheets, does anyone need any help with anything?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2018, 11:04:42 am »

Something that doesn't need downloading. Stuck on my 5gig phone. With dead WiFi.

I am running a Cleric, that's clear to me. But I need to be able to read the rules for it online.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2018, 11:10:48 am »

Also, we should probably start hammering out basic team tactics. Let's list out exactly how we intend to help the party and what we are looking for from other players.

Spoiler: Too much stuff to read (click to show/hide)

@TricMagic: Yeah, that really sucks, there's way too much to copy/paste to give you everything you need (though we could step by step if we really had to). Can you view PDF's?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2018, 11:17:23 am »

As long as I can view them online, I'm pretty sure I can.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2018, 11:49:10 am »

I'm pretty sure you still have to download them...I could run you through things step by step and just build up a sheet with you. Unless you anticipate your situation improving?

Otherwise...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LB2wXTxR6KgV-LhE_3U5YnnBvBlTHivE3YG52QsqSps/edit#

Can you access and edit this link? Or do you maybe already have a sheet ready to go?

We'll handle anything else in PM form. It shouldn't take too long, hu hu hu.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2018, 01:10:19 pm »

Also, we should probably start hammering out basic team tactics. Let's list out exactly how we intend to help the party and what we are looking for from other players.

-snip-

Yeah, that seems reasonable. I'm perfectly fine taking the role of Face. In combat, as you said, I'll be focusing on keeping out of your way and buffing with inspire courage mostly, while debuffing with Daze when applicable. Inspire courage doesn't seem like much, but I'm sure the +1 to most combat rolls will come in handy. I can also shoot a widdle arrow once in a while, I guess. I did bring a bunch of nets, which should go against touch AC and make enemies entangled. The rapier also lets me disarm people, if I'm truly stuck in melee.

Outside of combat I'll be more useful, since versatile performance already gives me a +5 roll for perform, diplomacy, intimidation and deception. I can also loredump fairly well with bardic lore, since that gives me +2 to recall info from any kind of lore. In addition, the dubious knowledge feat means that when I fail a lore roll, the big lovecraftian horror in the sky beams one piece of accurate info and one piece of inaccurate info into my brain. So it'll be fun figuring out which is which.

Also, for anyone who cares, a little bit about Scaramouche:

At a young age, Yisake was the victim of a mind quake. Depending on who you ask, he was one of the lucky ones who survived. It has left him with a fairly frail body, but an almost desperate drive to learn more about the phenomenon that has shaped his entire life since. When he got older, he left his ancestral home in Osirion in search of answers. He quickly started studying with the bards, as they are known for their knowledge of the occult and their ways to make people talk. Since then, he has travelled the lands as a humble entertainer, always ready to use wit and guile to learn the secrets of these shadowy organizations that worship the horrors responsible for his ceaseless nightmares. During the years of this pursuit he has had many setbacks, which resulted in his mind getting more and more affected and his belief in good and evil eroding. Ever since one of his associates had a peculiar accident that Yisake is convinced was actually the works of one of those cults, he only ever goes by his bardic name Scaramouche. He is a general jovial and good natured young man, but how much of that is a mask and how much of that is his true colours is anyone's guess.

Physically, he is a fairly tall, broad shouldered young man with high cheekbones, as are many of his countrymen. Unlike his countrymen, his skin is a pale colour instead of the typical bronze. He has let his beard and mustache grow out, but keeps them neat. His general clothing are dark green/brown travellers clothes, with a stark white scarf and a hat with a white plume. He wears a shoulder cape that he likes to flourish at the start and during his performances.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:11:58 pm by Pancaek »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2018, 02:15:17 pm »

I wouldn't knock your offense, especially at level 1. A punch from me does an average of 7 damage. Your bow or sword does 5, and we're always going to hover around 50% to-hit. +1 to combat rolls will turn hits into misses. This is important. :P Buffing the team makes up a lot of your potential damage, though it's obviously a bit wonky, it does even out. True strike+Assist is a combo you should use if you're in a melee. If we've got an enemy flatfooted, and you've got the inspire buff is up and you're assisting an attack, that's like a +25% chance of an ally getting a hit, which is really helpful-considering my Monk eats a -8 penalty to do a full turn of attacks. You can give me a +5 to counter that. It all adds up.

That's how you play a Bard. You help OTHER people get the hits. It's as good as doing damage yourself, if not better. Because you're usually still attacking yourself at the same time.

And if the campaign is designed well, there's multiple non-combat ways to get through any encounter. If you convince the bandits we're the Official Bandit Camp Inspectors, we can avoid a fight entirely.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14