Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: DoomsDay Dawn OOC Thread [Pathfinder Playtest] (6/6|0/3)  (Read 9975 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DoomsDay Dawn [Pathfinder Playtest] (6/6|0/3)
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 09:27:38 pm »

Here is a much more user-friendly sheet based entirely in google sheets. Copy it and share it with me when you're built and I'll get the main post once everyone's in.

If rule vagaries come up, don't hesitate to ask. I know I'm going to be making a lot of clarification rules.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »

Thanks. I might be able to have a character sheet ready by the weekend.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 11:22:49 pm »

Hmm. Noticed a problem with that google doc version. Entering a value of 9 shows the bonus as 0, whereas the rulebook says that a 9 would be a -1. Page 20.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 11:33:57 pm »

Also, Will saving throws appear to draw from your int and not your wis. Might wanna fix that :V

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 11:51:39 pm »

Haha, I ripped it from someone else. I'll make the adjustments.

QE: Adjustments made. They used ROUNDDOWN instead of FLOOR.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:57:42 pm by Gentlefish »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 12:25:04 am »

Okay, my sheet is done. Or should be done. I'm not particularly good at formatting spreadsheets or learning new systems quickly, so if you could take a look at it, that would be great.

Avanti!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 01:06:06 am »

Looks okay AFAIK. However, two weapon fighting requires the class feat called double slice which only fighters and rangers have access to. Just a heads up.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 09:17:12 am »

So, is anyone else planning to be the face of the group?  I'm still trying to get a grasp on the system, but I think I'm going to aim for a charismatic paladin rider.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 09:17:42 am »

Eh, okay.

Avanti!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 09:43:59 am »

I accidentally requested permission, uh, ignore that. :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11PAeueNA874wnfwsDm2u0O65fZHKLF67NDofCyvtHC0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the link. In the process of translating my sheet as I write this.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 09:47:59 am »

So, is anyone else planning to be the face of the group?  I'm still trying to get a grasp on the system, but I think I'm going to aim for a charismatic paladin rider.

Well, I'm rolling a bard with 18 CHA and versatile performance, so I'll be pretty gud at diplomacy, intimidation and deception. Combat-wise I won't be much help, except for party buffs and enemy debuffing. I have weapons, but I doubt the 1d6 damage once in a while is going to make much of a difference.

Currently I'm stuck on what alignment I should choose, and wether I should bump up CON or WIS from 10 to 12.

EDIT: So, if I'm reading it right, alignment doesn't matter all that much for bards? Also, the +1 Con seems to mostly give me 1 extra HP every level, so maybe I'm better off going with +1 Wis for perception checks instead?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:34:07 am by Pancaek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 10:51:37 am »

I have a +1 in Cha but no relevant skills.
Which uh, isn't actually very useful. I'm also planning to be NE, so maybe letting me talk to anyone important on our behalf should be a thing we avoid. >_>

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:31 am »

Alignment doesn't seem to have any direct mechanical effects for Bards, no. My advice is to go CG. All you have to do is beat bad things up and party. :V

I don't exactly like playing evil characters myself, there's too much temptation to the be the party screw up. And a bunch of evil characters quickly devolves into chronic backstabbing syndrome. Which would be OK. Unless you're playing a good character.

As for CON vs WIS, there's no right or wrong choice. If your personal combat style favors melee, go for CON. Extra HP is always good. As long as your primary stats are covered you can't choose wrong.

I have a +1 in Cha but no relevant skills.
Which uh, isn't actually very useful. I'm also planning to be NE, so maybe letting me talk to anyone important on our behalf should be a thing we avoid. >_>

Same here! Looks like only Rogues, Bards and Rangers get many skill slots, but you can still be OK in whatever primary skill you have.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 11:06:56 am »

My reasoning is that even if I'm evil, it's not required that I make nuisance of myself constantly, just when I feel it would gain me some benefit. Plus, alignment can change, and my character's evilness is less fundamental and more a product of ignorance (maybe even innocence :P) so whether or not I become a better or worse person shall depend largely on the moral character of you folks.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 11:17:50 am »

I'm perfectly willing to be the talking face of the party. I think I start off with +5 to all kinds of diplomacy rolls and I'm taking charm as my first level spell. Just be aware that I'm playing the Mind Quake survivor background, so at times I'm going to lapse into babbling about lovecraftian horrors.

Chaotic good works for me. I was thinking of going true neutral first, in a "I need to be really flexible with my morals in the pursuit of knowledge about my nightmares/the Dominion of the Black" kind of way.

Well, my current stat layout is:
Cha: 18
Dex: 14
Int: 12
Str: 12

With Wis and Con at 10 until I decide which of two gets the bump. I'm tempted to put it into Wisdom, since that helps with perception checks. The +1 in Con seems to only give 19 extra points of hp by level 20, but I'm not sure how significant those are. I'm taking both a rapier and a shortbow, but I'm pretty sure my task during combat will be to use inspire courage each round, and then either keep myself out of trouble or debuff an enemy with the daze cantrip.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:20:27 am by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14