Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402  (Read 4611 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1401
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2018, 04:03:58 am »

Quote from: Plan Shadowclaw
Overarching:
-Arm only Officers with bows.
-Supply Everyone in the Pass with Plate Armor.
-Store 3 Division of Centipedes.
-Raise 9 Divisions of Centipedes

-------
Grasslands:
-Assign 2 Divisions of Centipedes. (1 “Stored” Divisions, 1 Summoned Divisions)
-Assign 3 Divisions of Horses. (Everyone’s Cavalry)

------
Pass:
-Assign 2 Divisions of Centipedes. (2 Summoned Centipede Divisions)
-Assign 1 Division of Horses
-Assign Every Soldier Plate Armor.

------
Beach:
-Assign 5 Division of Centipedes (3 Summoned and 2 Stored Centipede Divisions)

+1 3

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:41 am »

Quote from: Plan Shadowclaw
Overarching:
-Arm only Officers with bows.
-Supply Everyone in the Pass with Plate Armor.
-Store 3 Division of Centipedes.
-Raise 9 Divisions of Centipedes

-------
Grasslands:
-Assign 2 Divisions of Centipedes. (1 “Stored” Divisions, 1 Summoned Divisions)
-Assign 3 Divisions of Horses. (Everyone’s Cavalry)

------
Pass:
-Assign 2 Divisions of Centipedes. (2 Summoned Centipede Divisions)
-Assign Every Soldier Plate Armor.

------
Beach:
-Assign 5 Division of Centipedes (3 Summoned and 2 Stored Centipede Divisions)

+1 3
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:00 am »

-Do Not post past this point - Work on Combat phase underway-
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2018, 12:13:04 pm »

The Plains
The battles in the plains were bloody and painful- our centipedes caused crippling moral damage to the enemy- an enemy who kept on shooting our boys in the crotch at the worst times, we gained ground, but all those creepy crawlies ended up dead after the first few engagements where we ended up fighting them face to face, so We generally ended up fleeing from those ball shooting bastards, specifically because the horses really started freakin' when they got hit by them.

The Pass
Let me be honest sir, It was a Slaughter here, their arrows rarely got past our armor, And our new friends really helped To reduce them to mush just that much faster.

The Beach
Things went fine, our bugs killed 'em dead- and although we'd rather not keep the buggers around they did help with keeping the men out of the action.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

It is now the design Phase
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2018, 12:49:29 pm »

We can make a "farm" were we summon ccretures and kill them immidiatly allowing us to use their parts, any support?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2018, 01:35:19 pm »

The Deathcage: A variant on the Runecage, this features dozens of spikes on the inside which will transfix and slay anything summoned into them.

That can probably be a revision.

For our design: Blood Imps: These are similar to imps in many ways, but their blood is extremely poisonous and very flammable, making it useful in a variety of ways.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2018, 02:10:17 pm »

Bringing this back, because I feel like we need some kind of proper weapon for our soldiers.
Quote from: Bloody edge
A demonic weapon, preferably formed from an imp. The Bloody edge is an organic, single edged shortsword, its blade lined with literally razor-sharp teeth, providing a serrated edge, and it has an eye on each side of the blade directly above the crossguard. The blade itself lusts for blood, and when swung will use what demonic power it has to guide its path towards vulnerable locations on its victims body. In addition, upon landing a blow, the teeth will shift around within the wound, exacerbating the injury and making even scrapes into small gashes. Be warned however, this weapon is indiscriminate, it will not hesitate to try and bite into your own flesh if you handle its blade carelessly. Do not let yourself be known as the fool who lost a hand rubbing over a swords edge.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2018, 02:17:04 pm »

Bringing this back, because I feel like we need some kind of proper weapon for our soldiers.
Quote from: Bloody edge
A demonic weapon, preferably formed from an imp. The Bloody edge is an organic, single edged shortsword, its blade lined with literally razor-sharp teeth, providing a serrated edge, and it has an eye on each side of the blade directly above the crossguard. The blade itself lusts for blood, and when swung will use what demonic power it has to guide its path towards vulnerable locations on its victims body. In addition, upon landing a blow, the teeth will shift around within the wound, exacerbating the injury and making even scrapes into small gashes. Be warned however, this weapon is indiscriminate, it will not hesitate to try and bite into your own flesh if you handle its blade carelessly. Do not let yourself be known as the fool who lost a hand rubbing over a swords edge.
I feel it  would be easier if we got a harvesting system so we should wait

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2018, 03:10:45 pm »

I figured that we could just summon hellish meatslimes in case we wanted easy access demon bits, instead of having to use a summon action, a new design/revision, and the loss of a possible combat unit.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:13:40 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2018, 03:20:46 pm »

I feel it  would be easier if we got a harvesting system so we should wait
How would it be easier to make a living weapon out of dead demon bits, when we can, seemingly, summon a demon into shape.

Frankly I am wholly against the idea of butchering demons, because even ignoring the very real possibility that the demons begin to turn against us, we also have no idea if demon bits even stick around after the summon dies.

Edit:
I figured that we could just summon hellish meatslimes in case we wanted easy access demon bits, instead of having to use a summon action, a new design/revision, and the loss of a possible combat unit.
This however, is a significantly more reasonable option for achieving the same reward with significantly lower risk.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:27:49 pm by Failbird105 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2018, 03:34:56 pm »

For some reason I thought your sowrd was made of dead creature, my mistake

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2018, 03:48:30 pm »

For some reason I thought your sowrd was made of dead creature, my mistake
Eh, I suppose I wasn't completely clear on that, I just thought it was kinda implied that the weapon was alive when I said it lusted for blood, actively guided its users swings, moved its edge around in wounds, and was indiscriminate in who it targeted.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2018, 03:53:57 pm »

Naw, it was pretty clear but I thought on something else in the time
Crazyabe: What idea to get demon's part of the ones suggested is possible?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2018, 03:58:59 pm »

Ok, I'll make an IC ruling, "The Vast majority of a dead demon (Not including fluids- "Blood", Spit, Venom, Ect) Turns into a Smoke that quickly vanishes when they reach a state where in they can be called 'dead'" Make of that what you will.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:07 pm »

Ok, so the farms are out, we could attempt to summon demons and trade with them their freedom in exchange for artefacts or resources, it's not like they will love us less than if we send them to war
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6