Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402  (Read 4606 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »

Trading with demons okay what. This is a guaranteed opportunity for soul losing. The demons are probably immortal, they can wait for their freedom.

Also, I just noticed the date. 1402. We might actually be able to get cannon and firearms. Demonic Arquebusiers, anyone?

Edit: Some ideas to go along with this.

Quote from:  Flamecaller Demon
A barely sapient humanoid with large talons and sharp horns, its red flesh drips with a strange oily secretion. This secretion is highly flammable, and the demon is capable of dousing targets with it and even setting itself alight as a terrible searing inferno.

Quote from: Dried Flamecaller Extract
Flamecaller secretion is flammable. Several crisped testing dummies stand a testament there, but could it perhaps become even more volatile? As it turns out, yes! Through a process of drying and kneading, Flamecaller secretion can be turned into Flamecaller Extract, a doughy and moldable high explosive.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:42:45 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 04:39:51 pm »

Alright, so that means while we could theoretically harvest stuff from demons(for instance we could actually make use of the blood imp idea), if we actually want to make equipment out of them it has to be by either shaping the demons into equipment, or theoretically binding the demons to objects.

Also, another idea, this ones kind of a work in progress, and most likely a later game design as well.
Quote from: Lord of Flies
A Lord of Flies is not a lesser creature like the imps and centipedes we have summoned thus far. Indeed, it can be considered a more 'noble' class of demon. As such they are likely to require a more material motivator. This can vary between individuals, some wish for good food, others for fine wines, some for gold and jewels, others for fine tailored clothes. However their demands can, generally, be considered a worthwhile expenditure for what they can offer to our cause in return.
Their bloated and rotten humanoid forms and gape-mouthed sunken faces conceal a swarm of small 'insects' that, while they seem like flies, are more akin to a being made from the idea of a fly. Vaguely shaped flying balls of legs, hair, and buzzing wings that the Lord of Flies controls with ease. While these 'flies' can leave horribly itchy bites across every inch of a living beings body, their true purpose is more gruesome and sinister. By being funneled in through the nose and mouth of a victim, the flies can be used to suffocate a living being, and if the creature is dead, then the swarm can begin to flow into its body, under the skin, to puppet it around like a horrid marionette in a theater of the grotesque. The control is awkward, leaving the hosts unable to properly wield more complex weapons such as bows or use magic of their own, and the flies quickly devour their hosts bodies to the point where they are no longer usable, but bodies are bodies all the same.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:42:47 pm by Failbird105 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2018, 04:42:52 pm »

Fair enough, the lord of the flies looks interesting
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2018, 01:04:37 am »

Quote from: votes
Lord of the flies: (1) Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1401
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 05:20:45 am »

Quote from: Bloody edge
A demonic weapon, preferably formed from an imp. The Bloody edge is an organic, single edged shortsword, its blade lined with literally razor-sharp teeth, providing a serrated edge, and it has an eye on each side of the blade directly above the crossguard. The blade itself lusts for blood, and when swung will use what demonic power it has to guide its path towards vulnerable locations on its victims body. In addition, upon landing a blow, the teeth will shift around within the wound, exacerbating the injury and making even scrapes into small gashes. Be warned however, this weapon is indiscriminate, it will not hesitate to try and bite into your own flesh if you handle its blade carelessly. Do not let yourself be known as the fool who lost a hand rubbing over a swords edge.

+1 to this, we need a weapon.

Avanti!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 05:42:10 am »

bloody edge: (2) D7, Failbird

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 10:52:43 am »

bloody edge: (3) D7, Failbird, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 08:24:53 pm »

Bloody edge - 15
Drawing forth our creatures in the form of a carnivorous blade was very simple- the most complex issue was that demons no matter what shape they take- innately wish to harm all things indiscriminately, However we found several methods of drawing a demon forth into an already existing object and twisting its shape into that which we desire, this lessons its ability to force itself into a position where in it could maul one of our own men, and have found that using objects already associated with one specific soldier in this manner of summoning lends somewhat of an "Attunement" to that soldier- making it easier for them to use no matter how off balance, heavy, and misshapen it might be for another person.

Revision phase.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 08:51:35 pm »

That's actually pretty good, like, not great since its downside means that if we lose the soldier we can't exactly just retrieve the blade and give it to somebody else, but like, it also means our enemies can't exactly try to take it and use it against us without putting in proper effort. This also gives us a nice basis for making further demonic weapons.

Also, I just realized that with the designs we've made so far, just about all of them lead to us being easily mistaken for fleshmancers instead of demonologists. The only thing that wouldn't is the cages, which, well, considering the fairly limited detail of the previous battle report, there's a good chance the mozkies might not even know exist.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »

Fun Fact: the Last few things were written up at a relative's home- in another province- upon a laptop using an operating system I have no experience with, this most recent thing was written up since I got home, upon my own computer, and from now on to the next time I suddenly lose the ability to quickly and detailedly write continuously- should be more detailed.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »

Well, there aren't really any issues that need to be fixed right now. So does anybody have a good idea for a revision.

hmm, hey Crazyabe, would it be possible to use a revision to start learning a new field of magic?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2018, 02:25:44 pm »

It would be possible to gain some insight into a new field of magic with a revision.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2018, 03:38:46 pm »

Huh. Okay.

Hellfire Forges
The lack of hot forges has always been a major roadblock to the mass production of metals. However, with the power of Hell itself available, we can get our forges to burn hotter than ever before. This works by carving various runes into the burn chamber of a furnace, and when charcoal is lit upon such a surface, the heat activates the runes. From then, the runes glow and act as a vector for the flames of hell to pass through to the normal world, hellflame being far hotter than what our blacksmiths have previously used.

Is this valid? I mean, I'm assuming we have forges for metallurgy so this should be revising our industry.

Avanti!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2018, 12:05:53 am »

So... Could people vote over here?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2018, 01:29:38 am »

Quote from: Worse Nightmare
Creepy-Crawly Burrowing:
While the mastiff centipedes still go after carrion, there numbers are still very impressive for beastmasters who utilize their unique traits to engage against foes. However through an alteration to the demonic ritual to the creation of the centipedes, their thousands of legs gain burrowing bone dges to them, allowing them to burrow into rough dirt and sand of the ground, and they sprawl up during ambushes through heightened arthropod scent-smelling skills in which they use to track down human prey, leading to them being very nasty ankle-biters; the demonic ritual just require rough clay and prickly needles to now accommodate these changes.

Quote from: TheVoteBox
Hellfire Forged
Creepy-Crawly Burrowing: (1) SC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6