Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402  (Read 4605 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Wizards race - Arakia thread 1402
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:18:41 am »

Several hundred years of peace, why? because the previous batch of Engineers, Designers, and Forgemasters were too stuck in their old ways to design PROPER new weapons. Today that changes! Five wizards have came to teach us something of their art- some sort of "Bet" between them and another group, and now the old guard are off to see the headsman, and YOU were "Given" the Position as one of the new Designers- The King even gave you the ability to decide which of the wizards he should ask to stay and What part of their art to teach! LONG LIVE ARAKIA!

Spoiler: Arakia starter designs (click to show/hide)

Central Thread
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:12:00 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 01:29:43 am »

I want to create some water elementals, so the choice is obvious to me

Quote from: DopeyBox
School of Magic:
Summoning: (1) SC

School Branch:
Conjuration: (1) SC

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:13:16 am »

School of Magic:
Summoning: (2) SC, Rockeater

School Branch:
Demonologist: (1) Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:29:05 am »

Demons can go horrifically for us once we have scary pit fiends who have a grudge since we attempted to bind them into our control and cause mass havoc in our army causing us to lose, when we lose control of the chaotic forces of nature they will just keep doing what they were doing since we are going to let them loose on our enemy.

Demon Have Grudges, Elementals Can't due to just being forces of nature

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 01:05:53 pm »

School of Magic:
Summoning: (3) SC, Rockeater, D7

School Branch:
Conjuration: (2) SC, D7
I could make a joke about how we should choose Alchemy since, of course, on Arrakia the spice must flow- oh wait I already did.
In other news, I like the idea behind conjuring elementals.

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 01:16:01 pm »

Come'on, I should have seen that one :P
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 05:19:35 pm »

School of Magic:
Summoning: (3) SC, Rockeater, D7
Biomancy: (1) FallacyofUrist

School Branch:
Fleshmancer: (1) FallacyofUrist
The choice is obvious.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 05:31:20 pm »

School of Magic:
Summoning: (4) SC, Rockeater, D7, Failbird

School Branch:
Demonologist: (2) Rockeater, Failbird
Screw it. Going with this because it feels like something that hasn't really been done before in an AR.

Edit: That and because while I like the idea of conjuring weapons and creatures, I'm just not feeling elementals. Binding demons to weapons or just straight up summoning demonic monsters is fitting the aesthetic I'm feeling better right now.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:38:35 pm by Failbird105 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 03:12:53 pm »

Please finish any and all voting Within the next 2-3 hours, Because I am planning on writing things up today.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »

If no one change before then I change to Conjuration

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 04:46:36 pm »

School of Magic:
Summoning: (4) SC, Rockeater, D7, Failbird

School Branch:
Demonologist: (3) Rockeater, Failbird, D7
You know what, let's go crazy with this.

Avanti!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Arakia thread 1401
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 06:53:24 pm »

the master summoner steps forth, an older man with heavily scarred arms, he explains what he will be teaching before wandering off to gather your would be wizards for their first lesson on demonology.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is now the first design phase, because the master Summoner is here you may produce An additional design relating to Demonology, and all Demonology related designs and revisions will be slightly easier until the next design phase.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »

Nice.
Quote from: Summon Greater Imp
A hellish creature related to the standard Imp, but one larger at the size of the average man and with more developed claws and fangs. In addition to it's physical arms, the Greater Imp has magical ability, though a fairly limited one. It is capable of generating a fireball of hellish oil, which cannot be put out by water and burns hotter than a normal flame of its size. The summoning ritual requires an animal sacrifice in addition to the caster's blood.

Quote from: Runed Cage
As it would be impractical to summon the more dangerous demons on the battlefield, there must be a way of containing them longer term for transport. Enter, the Runed Cage. Made of wrought iron, the bars and surfaces of the cage are carved with runes of containment, similar to those in the Containing Circle. For safety reasons, three walls of the cage are solid with a few air holes, and the fourth is a barred door.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:13:41 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 07:35:53 pm »

I like the ideas, but allow me to submit one of my own, owing to the idea that the demons shape can be twisted to suit a summoners need.
Quote from: Bloody edge
A demonic weapon, preferably formed from an imp. The Bloody edge is an organic, single edged shortsword, its blade lined with literally razor-sharp teeth, providing a serrated edge, and it has an eye on each side of the blade directly above the crossguard. The blade itself lusts for blood, and when swung will use what demonic power it has to guide its path towards vulnerable locations on its victims body. In addition, upon landing a blow, the teeth will shift around within the wound, exacerbating the injury and making even scrapes into small gashes. Be warned however, this weapon is indiscriminate, it will not hesitate to try and bite into your own flesh if you handle its blade carelessly. Do not let yourself be known as the fool who lost a hand rubbing over a swords edge.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 11:43:57 pm »

Summon Fiendish Centipede: A bestial creature from the Nine Hells that really works more as a random predator/pest that adds to the hell’s “ecosystem”, that can be conjured and summoned through a recitation of the words, however it uses a more bestial and even insect-like word phrasing to create these threatening pests. The fiendish centipede is indeed a creature from the hells, and can vary in size but we have made sure to make one the size of a large dog that can serve as effective skirmishing and predatory units on the field. The centipede demonic sting is even more worsening than a normal centipede’s sting, the sting of the creature burns the skin and is extremely sweltering that it causes very significant amounts of swelling; the burning pain leads to unconsciousness of swelling as the poison tracks through the brain, where the hopeful fiendish monstrosity hopes to devour its immobile prey. The monstrous centipede still retains its arthropod feats such as wall-climbing and a form of blindsense that can track other creatures through its heightened size, and the binding contract that the summoner instills allows them to perform as the task masker for these vermin.

Ideas came from this and also there is a goddamn ice mantis devil that we need to create

The fiendish pede allows for improved skirmishing capabilities and tracking ones where it will make the enemy hide from us, as well as having access to a chitinous monstrosity that can help in combat. For example, this creature will be very effective in the difficult terrain of the Mountain Path, and we can even revise it to give it burrowing capabilities for the Beach; as well as the lack of sapience on the damn thing it means it’s not going to intellectually plot against us and want to murder us, it’s just a bestial animal from the hells that goes on survival instinct and hunger. Imagine it like the Summoners are like Houndmasters in combat; and not trying to make uneasy contracts that can be betrayed horribly; that’s more for like scarier demons and devils. Also heard of trying something different instead of just improving our baseline Summon?

Quote from: VopeyBox
Summon Greater Imp
Runed Cage: (1) SC
Bloody Edge:
Summon Fiendish Centipede: (1) SC
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:47:45 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6