Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards race - Mozkeria Thread 1402  (Read 6401 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards race - Mozkeria Thread 1402
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2018, 02:09:50 pm »

HEAT DSA

Our DSA's are now able to use directive explosives to penetrate armor and shields effectively.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2018, 07:02:21 pm »

Disruptor Sword: A Sword That can flow power, to cleave and Block even energy and can launch explosive energy spheres.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2018, 07:24:35 pm »

By the way if anyone has a better name than lightning sword feel free to suggest it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2018, 07:33:21 pm »

Dick-Seeking Lightning Sword

We should make use of our current most advanced magical technology, after all.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2018, 07:42:33 pm »

Fire Rune

A metallic runed plate with an enchanted fire gem in the middle.  It is activated by a simple chant and removing a control part.  Once activated the device responds to being touched by new pressure by exploding a huge area of super heated fire.  The device will then go dormant for a time, but once it recharges can explode again if disturbed again.

It can in theory be deactivated and reused by reapplying the control part and a deactivating chant.

Lets set up land mines sop their dumb bugs get blown up!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:45:04 pm by VoidSlayer »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2018, 07:59:50 pm »

I have considered a trap design too but I think using lighting instead of fire would be more useful...

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:46 pm »

Geo-scale elemental manipulator.
A simply massive array of gems designed to cast a form of earth elemental manipulation , one massive enough to alter the geography of a region. It's a fixed installation because of this, and doesn't give the user a view of what they are altering. But still, this thing can decimate armies if used right.
A long shot, but why not. For a Moore practical design.
Enruned capacitor sword
A sword capable of storing a single magical spell. The big feature of this is that it can store any kind of magic, that it can do so without a mage able to draw from enchanted items, and that it doesn't use magic gems. Of course it can only use that spell once, then it has to get a new one. But it is still a huge jump forward
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:36:08 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2018, 03:30:45 am »

I see where you are going with the one spell swords but besides the fact that we haven't researched runes yet it seems very expensive to recharge them after each use and also we don't have spells yet so it is useless for now, at a later point it could prove helpful indeed however.

Now the geo manipulator is quite awesome too, but it is also quite expensive and I doubt we could construct it unless we controlled the entire site.
Lightning Sword(1): Detoxicated
Heat DSA:
Fire Rune:
Geo-scale elemental manipulator:
Enruned Capacitor Sword:

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2018, 07:51:11 am »

Not meant to be expensive to charge, we could just use our rods of expel. And I never said you couldn't bounce a spell between the swords. for a better project why not look into the self sustaining nature of fire elemental manipulation? A ball of fire that feeds on the blazing inferno around it, burning all in its path.
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2018, 08:00:45 pm »

Idea, new type of magic.
relitimancy
A type of magic based on the ravings of a madman. One who insisted that all matter and energy was interchangeable, and that the amount of energy in a single grain of sand is immense, that the exchange of matter to energy was incredibly one sided, matter in his terms, was the ultimate fuel source. And so relitimancy was borne, a form of magic that used formula to create powerful effects, manipulating raw energy and matter, switching matter to energy , turning energy into matter or a different type of energy. All fall within the bounds of relitimancy.

E=mC^2 B***ches.
Almost all of my design ideas require this type of magic as a base. I could also make a more general version of this, one that includes quantum physics based magic.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:12:17 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2018, 08:22:08 pm »

Keep Out Fort Generator

A large box on wheels pulled like a cart containing numerous earth aligned gems.  When activated a 4 tower walled keep springs up out of the earth made of local stone or brick like materials.  One of the towers has a gate through which forces and the cart can enter and leave.  The keep is permanent and the cart can be reused to create a string of well fortified positions for offense or defense.

A lesser and highly specialized version of the Geo-Scale.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2018, 08:30:41 pm »

Lightning Sword(1): Detoxicated
(1) Heat DSA: eS
Fire Rune:
Enruned Capacitor Sword:

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2018, 08:35:41 pm »

Cool, here is reletimancy V2
physicmancy.
A type of magic that utilizes formulas and commands written in the coded language of the universe, allowing spells using it to be woven in the field, or prepared before hand. Though due to its illogical nature, very few can actually master it, but they don't have to since you can pre-load spells and scripts I into objects. As for its effects? It is capable of breaking down matter into energy, manipulating, converting, and storing raw energy in all of its forms. Some parts of it also seem to indicate stuff can be two things at once? And until observed it reverts to one thing or another? So, yeah this stuff has a couple of limitations. The first is that it can only ever act in small areas though there is no limit to the number of spells you can use in parallel. The other main limitation is energy, it needs power input equivalent to the generated effect.
Example designs.
Null shield.
A barrier that drains and stores all the energy from an area, creating a pitch black impenetrable shield, it has problems with overload however.
Conversion bomb
A weapon that creates a blast capable of destroying an entire region in a single blow.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:58:47 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2018, 09:13:29 pm »

Ok more seriously, I think we need to do one of two things this turn.
Either increase the number of enchanting gems we can make.
Or create something that requires few gems to equip everyone with (mildly) enchanted equipment.
never mind, we just need to not use DSA's as much. They're really expensive for how many get produced. We could arm to regions completely with rods of expel with the number of gems we have.
Lightning Sword(2): Detoxicated, DGR
Fire Rune:
Enruned Capacitor Sword:
Other ideas for magic types
Quote from: Naming
Naming
naming is an obscure magic, one based on the power of calling upon the names of ancient entities, gods, elements, or even people and creatures. This magic works in two ways, either you can engrave a name into something, granting that thing some aspect of whatever the name is for, the advantages of using this style over straight enchanting are that it doesn't require gemstones, though the true names of things do tend to be long and hard to engrave. The other downside is an overall lower initial power-level as you can carve new names into objects to further refine their potency. the other way of using naming is to speak the name of something, allowing you to channel that thing's powers for a short time, powerful but hard to learn and harder to master. the first name we have recovered appears to be the name for monster's bane, elbereth... carve this unto the ground and watch our foes monsters run to avoid it.
Name of the wind's naming magic with a few tweaks and a reference to nethack.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:01:19 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2018, 11:03:01 pm »

Lightning Sword(3): Detoxicated, DGR, voidslayer
Fire Rune:
Enruned Capacitor Sword: