Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Antinomy of the Five Spectra - Another Magic University Game - OOC  (Read 21710 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Antinomy of the Five Spectra - Another Magic University Game [Recruiting]
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2018, 01:57:36 pm »

Tempestry, Magic and Spell Formula. Programming the spells to do what you want through words spoken.

I mean, it's a wind-type spell the flies forward, moving around as I initially will it. I can affect it's curvature on the larger ones, but usually it just flies forward.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2018, 02:31:07 am »

Hey, I forgot to arrange the details of the 'war soul' (read my sheet for details).

Was thinking it could be a low level spirit (maybe its out of commission atm) personality that I control. The whole concept was to have it be a servant character that I command that I place in bodies I make, it can be really shitty lvl for balance.

Also I'd like it to be able to talk from my character, be fun for me for dialogue.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2018, 03:44:22 am »

Marcus' song is adapted from Lyrica Live's alternate lyrics to Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2018, 04:29:24 pm »

Marcus' song is adapted from Lyrica Live's alternate lyrics to Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble.

Touhou, where the fandom has a fandom. :D

Hey, I forgot to arrange the details of the 'war soul' (read my sheet for details).

Was thinking it could be a low level spirit (maybe its out of commission atm) personality that I control. The whole concept was to have it be a servant character that I command that I place in bodies I make, it can be really shitty lvl for balance.

Also I'd like it to be able to talk from my character, be fun for me for dialogue.

The concept of a player creating a spirit that follows them around was something I expected. I'm mildly saddened that our only spiritseer ended up never posting.

Instead of making hundreds of spirits while trying to raise the War Soul's level, I'm allowing players to simply "restart" the creation of their spirit, i.e. roll to bring it to level 1, then level 2, then level 3, etc, so that instead of making two spirits and choosing one, you're simply replacing the original with the new one, if it's better.

Since it's tied to your backstory, I imagine you can do its dialogue a lot better than it can. So sure. However you have to create it first before it can perform actions on its own.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2018, 04:38:25 pm »

Pretty sure seeing me crash into the barrier is a stretch. Anyway, me and my spirits will examine this barrier, and no peaking in on our chat. Examine it yourself if you wish.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:49 am »

Elena pulling an altruism.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2018, 09:09:29 am »

I'll be creating a spirit wavegear to activate once the crystal reaches a certain point. It will activate to form a hole in the barrier, allowing it to go through. There is a reason mist is crucial, and removing the mist there renders the area of the shield non-magical, and such, not existing in that area..

It will also strip the magic from the around the crystal itself, but at that point, the force will let it pass through by momentum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2018, 10:14:29 am »

Biggerfish... Does your character have some sort of far-speech I don't know about? How do you expect me to hear you?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:33 pm »

Biggerfish... Does your character have some sort of far-speech I don't know about? How do you expect me to hear you?

Presumably by shouting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2018, 04:50:32 pm »

How long is the distance between the finish line and the start?

I mean, if he had some sort of wave communication, it would make sense. How many of the players can understand the language of spirits, as well as speak it as a secondary requirement? Sending an encoded message is something I would understand at least. To most, all they hear is static..

Isn't it sad, Sacchin.

I never get to use that phrase..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:54:02 pm by TricMagic »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2018, 05:58:06 pm »

How long is the distance between the finish line and the start?

I mean, if he had some sort of wave communication, it would make sense. How many of the players can understand the language of spirits, as well as speak it as a secondary requirement? Sending an encoded message is something I would understand at least. To most, all they hear is static..

Isn't it sad, Sacchin.

I never get to use that phrase..

200 meters.

For comparison, that's about 2x the length of my former high school's football field.

Probably hard to do with just your voice... maybe with a megaphone-style funnel it's possible.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Antinomy of the Five Spectra - Another Magic University Game - OOC
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »

Octavia takes a moment to consider what she brought with her. No mention was made of money or anything in this game?

A villager would probably have local currency on hand. Its usefulness, well, depends on who's willing to take it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2018, 09:03:30 pm »

I have been working on the presumption that traveling the course and not actually doing anything whilst so doing is mostly free, especially since, you know, I'm probably walking it and scoping things out and in general circulating and talking to people in efforts to get Plan Haul It In going.  If that's not true, I would like better location tracking from the GM.

Artifice idea: artificial neural structure that mimics the unique structure in a spiritseer's brain, but hooked up to a speaker/microphone.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:05:12 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2018, 01:46:03 am »

I have been working on the presumption that traveling the course and not actually doing anything whilst so doing is mostly free, especially since, you know, I'm probably walking it and scoping things out and in general circulating and talking to people in efforts to get Plan Haul It In going.  If that's not true, I would like better location tracking from the GM.

Artifice idea: artificial neural structure that mimics the unique structure in a spiritseer's brain, but hooked up to a speaker/microphone.

As long as you are physically capable of walking the distance, all is well. If it's a situation where your location will matter a ton, like combat, or if you are travelling across campus, then I would point out where you are. But crossing the track by walking takes minutes, less so for characters that are hovering (looking at TricMagic).

Re: The idea, sounds like you could get by if you just hooked up a spirit to a microphone and had it translate. If it would be simple to make it by such means, artificial it can't be beyond your character's ideal capabilities. That being said, I'm not sure your character's society would train its members as routinely in biology as much as the societies who build their offspring.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2018, 01:23:28 pm »

I wouldn't necessarily say it's routine training beyond 101-level courses (and I would say that enough of biology is drilled into people's heads that should they be the last person on earth, they would be able to repopulate - redundancy, redundancy, redundancy, a rally cry...We must transmit our knowledge ever onwards, the societal raison d'être, Elena's reason to be here...), but I would definitely say there's a lot of medical knowledge available for those who are interested.  I mean, it's not like nobody's ever going to need replacement organs...and with power to spare, it's not like medical/biological research would be unsupported by the environment.  Scanning the brains of spiritseers as they communicate in an fMRI machine, developing cyberlimbs, genegeneering with CRISPR...spider goats.  And they don't generally have a "You're not ready to know that".  So someone whose interest is biology could go far.  That said, I was thinking Elena would call home on shortwave or something and ask an expert later, because her field of interest is more mech-e/cs than bio-e.

Obviously you're the GM, though.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14