Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58513 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: THIRD DAWN?!
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »

My current threat assessment are the spiders still hiding somewhere, and Fallacy. If no one got a mask on the night he sniffed out with that werewolf nose, that would mean he is the maskgiver, most likely anyway.

Blame the GM for wanting people confused.... Hua...

Reason is above for why I think that. Why did you claim to be a death miller?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2018, 06:46:06 pm »

On the same token, why is the mask salesman a baddie?

TricMagic, conditional on him saying he is categorically town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:14 pm »

Because it's true and I want to give the town useful information. Keeping it secret wouldn't hinder the scum, in fact it could even help them by causing confusion when I die.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2018, 07:49:30 pm »

Because it's true and I want to give the town useful information. Keeping it secret wouldn't hinder the scum, in fact it could even help them by causing confusion when I die.
Let’s not forget you could be making things up, too. Best not forget that tidbit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2018, 07:53:54 pm »

Of course. Consider all possibilities. Who am I to tell you not to?

On that note, do you enjoy your gift?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »

Seems pretty good. Did you get a choice what you gave? If so, why that particular one?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2018, 08:08:38 pm »

Unfortunately I'm rather limited in what I give out.

TricMagic comparing me to the Happy Mask Salesman was rather apt. For each gift I give out, I can give out the next gift in the chain one time. Some are useful(like the one you got). Some are unfortunately only useful to scum.

Here's roughly how it goes.
The first gift TricMagic can tell you all about. It causes chaos and confusion(not exactly helpful).
The second gift you know all about. It's a rather helpful gift for the recipient.
The third gift isn't really helpful. It lets the user give fruit to any number of players and causes the user to inspect as fruit.
The fourth gift is powerful, but comes with the drawback of inspecting as a serial killer for the night it's used.
The fifth gift is just terrible. It causes the user to inspect as and flip as town for the phase. I wouldn't want to give it out if it didn't lead to better things.
The sixth gift will probably just get me killed. In the event I survive, though, I can make use of the seventh gift.
The seventh gift is the only one I can personally make use of, and the most powerful. Game-breakingly powerful, really. Of course it's absurdly hard to get to, but it's well worth it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2018, 08:18:04 pm »

I see. So why did you choose to give it to me? I was on your back all of yesterday as one of the people I wanted to lynch. What made you think that wouldn’t be the case again today?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2018, 08:40:27 pm »

I see. So why did you choose to give it to me? I was on your back all of yesterday as one of the people I wanted to lynch. What made you think that wouldn’t be the case again today?
It's not important whether or not you were going to lynch me.

The important part is that I see you as a strong town candidate due to your hunting and interrogation and you can probably be trusted to use your gift responsibly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2018, 08:49:54 pm »

You know better than most how good I am at this though, why am I strong town as opposed to spectacular scum?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2018, 09:18:37 pm »

You know better than most how good I am at this though, why am I strong town as opposed to spectacular scum?
I guess you could be faking it. I probably couldn't tell. But who else am I going to give it to?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2018, 09:26:14 pm »

You tell me. Choices at the time were DA, RGU, and IcyTea. Why not give it to one of them? I guess DA was an easy choice not to, why not RGU or IcyTea?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »

As well as the GM Spin showing us who is living right now.
Unofficial roster:

-IcyTea31: Alive
-FallacyofUrist: Alive
-TricMagic: Exploded D1, Revived N2
-hector13: Alive
-randomgenericusername: Nightkilled N2
-doomchild: Nightkilled N1, Revived N2
-Eggy_Bews: Daykilled D2 (or whatever that house falling on 'em was)
-Rockeater: Nightkilled N1
-Deus Asmoth: Exploded D1, Self-revived D1, Lynched D1, Revived N1, Nightkilled N2
-Thanatos Russ: Lynched D2

I may have missed something, and bastardry is afoot, so take this with a grain of salt.

Still, there seems to be 5 of us left. If there's a mafia of two, it's LYLO. If there's just the spidermancer, we've got one mislynch to spare.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 09, 2018, 12:15:12 am »

You seem to be missing that, in being revived, our two “townies” may no longer be townies. TricMagic certainly isn’t inclined to say he is, for fairly obvious reasons.

Thus, we can’t discount the possibility that doomchild’s alignment has changed, too.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 09, 2018, 12:18:24 am »

If that's the case, we may already have lost.

What did you do this night, Hector?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41