Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58533 times)

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Hi-Def "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: SECOND DAWN
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:17 am »

We need to see if Fallacy flips scum
... I'll flip SK, like I mentioned. Death miller.

We need to see if you flip cult.
I don't think there is a cult, but if people are talking about werewolves then it's possible that it's different.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2018, 06:23:19 am »

Ugh, I really hate to switch my vote so many times so I'll keep it split. Thanatos' claim probably confirms that either he made FoU a werewolf and is a cult leader, or that both are cultists and are protecting each other with lies.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2018, 06:46:31 am »

Ugh, I really hate to switch my vote so many times so I'll keep it split. Thanatos' claim probably confirms that either he made FoU a werewolf and is a cult leader, or that both are cultists and are protecting each other with lies.
I thought fallacy was trying to get me killed.
No I am not in a cult, I thought I was though.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2018, 06:47:26 am »

Hmm weird.
Time to absolutely crash now. I am pretty sure I secured my lynching which is fantastic wow so tired.
Hmm it's weird having an okay post count for once in this thread.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2018, 06:48:06 am »

Why did you think you were in a cult?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2018, 06:56:00 am »

Ugh, I really hate to switch my vote so many times so I'll keep it split.
Right now, a split vote does nothing. There'd need to be a third primary suspect or hammers in play for it to be a sensible move. Pick whomever you think should be lynched, not both.

No I am not in a cult, I thought I was though.
You thought you were in a cult? Wasn't your alignment in parentheses right next to your role name in your PM? If it said 'cult' or something like that there, then you're a cult leader, no mistake.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:52 am »

Not that my vote could change the lynch, but you're probably right.

Unvote FoU
Vite Thanatos Russ
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Hypoallergenic "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: NIGHT TWO
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2018, 01:48:17 pm »

Although you technically failed to make extend quorum, I decided to let the day drag along a little further due to various developments.
All things must come to their end in due time, though. Tonight, that includes Thanatos Russ, hauled up by an aconite rope and pierced through with silver arrows in what would later be known to historians as "the Clooneyville werewolf hysteria of 2018". In that distant and secure future they won't believe what once was out there anymore, but you know. You know.
Thanatos Russ is dead.
Thanatos Russ was: Teen Wolf (original, not MTV) (town)
   -Bite of the Full Moon (targets 1; werewolf; night): You turn your target into a werewolf. Your target gains the ability Plenilunary Condition and gains copies of all your werewolf abilities, including this one.
   -Wolfsbane (targets 1; werewolf; night): A werewolf knows best how to kill a werewolf. If your target has the ability Plenilunary Condition, he dies; otherwise, nothing happens.
   -Wait, Isn't That the Wrong Movie? (werewolf; night): You go to London, removing yourself from the game for a full cycle. You are protected from all kills while in London, but you cannot vote. Guess you should've applied for citizenship.
   -Bloodhound Nose (targets 1; werewolf; night): You learn the names of every player your target visits and every player who visits your target. You even get the two lists separately, for being such a good doggo.
   -Scent Identification (targets 1; werewolf; night): You learn your target's role name and alignment.
   -I Guess It's a Little Bit the MTV One (auto; werewolf; night; 1-shot): If you have been dead for at least one full cycle, not including either this phase or the phase in which you died, you revive in a trippy drug-fuelled montage scene. This only works once.
   -He Can Also Dunk (auto; werewolf; night): You are great at basketball, if it ever comes up.

Just as the last rays of twilight drip from the corpse, though, a makeshift grave not far away is struck by lightning and explodes. Once everyone has recovered and you look to see what the fuss was about, you find Deus Asmoth there looking like nothing at all has happened!

Deus Asmoth has come back to life.

The gloom of night settles back into its comfortable repose upon your shoulders. The grim work begins again.
Night falls.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: THIRD DAWN?!
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2018, 03:10:09 pm »

Light. The light returns, threatening to penetrate your dark secrets. Morning has never been a trustworthy friend in Clooneyville; it tends to bring out the monsters who were afraid of the dark. This morning the light illuminates two monsters — one already known, the other newfound. As for the rest of you monsters? Your dark secrets are still safe for another paltry few hours.

Friends of randomgenericusername, or those who called themselves such, often noted his amazing resemblance to a rotating congeries of glowing orbs. Today those orbs are fallen, dim and cracked. Only an expert could tell that these are the remains of a person and not a box of light bulbs, but we're all experts on corpses here in Clooneyville, aren't we?

randomgenericusername is dead.
randomgenericusername was: YOG-SOTHOTH (cult)
(word: eldritch)
   -Whispers in the Dark (targets 1; night; 1-shot): Your eldritch whispers seduce your target to worship you, bringing your dominion over the world ever closer. Target gains the ability Eldritch Cultist. Your cultists can communicate with you and vice versa, but they do not automatically know that you are their leader.
   -The Ritual of Dunwich (targets 1; day; 1-shot): Your target becomes empowered by the unholy essence; he cannot be killed by any means this phase, and his vote decides the lynch irrespective of the majority. The target will not be informed of either of these effects. Each subsequent time you use this ability, the previous target dies.
   -Dreams of the Outer God (night): You slumber patiently at the centre as the spheres revolve around you. I know that's more of an Azathoth thing but just roll with it. Choose either Whispers in the Dark or The Ritual of Dunwich; you gain one shot in the chosen ability. Each of your cultists has a chance of gaining a random eldritch-type ability every time you use this ability.

Elsewhere, Deus Asmoth is dead once more, this time in a pile of fruit. All the corpse experts in Clooneyville can't figure out which parts of the splatter used to be the face. Some of us aren't sure if Deus Asmoth even had a face to begin with!

Deus Asmoth is dead again.
Deus Asmoth was still: An Actual Magic: the Gathering Card (cult)
(word: Emrakul)
   -Grapple with the Past (targets 2; night): Target one living player and one dead player; the living player dies and the dead player returns to life. If either effect fails to take place for any reason, neither does.
   -Aurora of Emrakul (auto): Every time your vote is the last vote placed on a successfully lynched player, gain a shot in The Promised End.
   -The Promised End (day; 0-shot): All dead players are revived and gain the Boon of Emrakul ability. They are now obliged to act as your allies.
   -Hand of Emrakul (day; special-shot): At least two living players must have the ability Boon of Emrakul for this ability to be triggered. All players with the ability Boon of Emrakul die. The day immediately ends, and all votes except yours are discarded. You have chosen, and it shall be done. Naturally, this vote will not trigger Aurora of Emrakul; that would make it too easy.
   -Coax from the Blind Eternities (targets 1; night): Target a dead player with the ability Boon of Emrakul; that player returns to life.
   -Otherworldly Outburst (targets 1; day): Your target becomes weakened; a weakened target may die under various circumstances, most importantly upon a second exposure to a weakening ability. If the target dies as a result of this weakening, he gains the ability Boon of Emrakul in death and can thus be targeted by Coax from the Blind Eternities.
   -Vestige of Emrakul (auto): If you die while players with Boon of Emrakul still live, each such player gains the ability Exultant Cultist.
   -The Worst Policy (day; auto): Every objective statement you make in the day thread must be technically truthful. You may consult the GM on whether a statement is permissible, and make your arguments for why it should be so, although the verdict is final. If you fail to tell the truth, you explode.
   -Deathbed Confession (auto): You have received words of incredible but undeniable truth! Every night, you learn the role name of a random player, though you will not be told which player. Each day, you may choose a player to whom to pass on this truth; that player will receive the name of the player whose role you learned the preceding night, though not the role name.
   -Eldritch Cultist (auto): You have been inducted into an unspeakable cult. While you have this ability, you alignment-inspect as cult regardless of any other abilities. You also gain the cult win-condition. You may receive messages from your cult leader, and you may specify one message to be sent to that leader every night. You may gain certain abilities depending on your cult leader's actions. If you lose this ability, you also lose all abilities gained by means of this ability.

Unrelatedly, the graveyard seems to be a few corpses shy again. Man, why can't you all just stay dead?

doomchild and TricMagic have come back to life.

I got sunshine, in a bag — it's that time again!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2018, 03:43:51 pm »

I live again.. And Deus did not live long enough, damn it.

Best go read Doomchild's death post. Brush up time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »

GM, can we get a Life Count? How many are alive right now, it becomes confusing. Also a Pop

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 08, 2018, 03:49:45 pm »

Also a Pop count, cause of the spiders.

Damned Mac, it just auto-posted. How?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 08, 2018, 04:09:58 pm »

TricMagic and Doomchild: are you still town-aligned? Have your roles changed since your deaths?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2018, 04:13:47 pm »

No changes to mine, thankfully.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2018, 04:16:27 pm »

Do you know what revived you?

Doomchild's revival was my doing, what did everyone else do this night?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41