Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58608 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Hi-Def "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: SECOND DAWN
« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2018, 11:46:31 pm »

I dunno, Eggman.

You could have just made it up.

... no. that's stupid. That's just ridiculous.

Whoever is voted for is lynched. But the mod can't use your name in the vote count. Meaning votes technically aren't applied to you, but to one of your aliases.

You can't be lynched?!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:14 pm »

I got the fall-down-with-a-headache message as well.

As far as I know, every town player player can win without me dying or changing. Obviously I don't know if some other player requires me to be dead to win.
-Town can win without him dying or having his role altered. This means he's not from an anti-town faction.
I missed this on the first glance, but he says that town players can win, not that the Town can win. Obviously, any single town player can win with the cult leader alive, if they're recruited into the cult.

IcyTea31
I used my look-out ability on them and no one visited besides me. I am also weakened so I guess I should be glad the pokemon who just died can't kill me in my weakened form?

Anyway, I believe that IceTea is one of the biggest scum potentials, though I could be wrong.

Glad the SK died, what a cool set of abilities I must say.

Oh yeah KILL THE SPIDERS! They tried to attack me when I was lookout (or was it tracker? not sure but I see who visits as an ability)
There's not a lot of substance to respond to here. I have nothing that would cause a spider attack, so that's probably unrelated to your watching.

Please explain why exactly you think IcyTea is scum. I don't see reasoning.
I still think Eggman is hiding things but I'll change my vote to Thanatos Russ. It's not like he explains why IcyTea31 is scummy in any way.
Why are you protecting me?

Ah, alright. At night start, there were eight players alive. Now if we stretch it a little...

Light
Moon
Masks
Clash
Darkness
Truth
Lies
Sun

That's eight players, which is how many there were at the start of the night. Wait, at the start of the night? It seems to reflect the night actions a little. What's going on here?
None of those apply to my role.

Time for a gambit. The spider attack roleblocking DA was implied to be a player action. I am either reviving doomchild with a full-cycle action (meaning I spend my day action now and do nothing the next night to revive him at the end of it. The night part is unblockable), or I am currently self-watching, an ability which Spin confirmed will catch even a roleblock. Can you pick the wine in front of you, spiders?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2018, 11:49:18 pm »

I dunno, Eggman.

You could have just made it up.

... no. that's stupid. That's just ridiculous.

Whoever is voted for is lynched. But the mod can't use your name in the vote count. Meaning votes technically aren't applied to you, but to one of your aliases.

You can't be lynched?!

Dunno, I guess? I suppose Max would change it to my real name if he felt confident that I was going to die, given that my death probably negates the headache thing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2018, 11:51:21 pm »

What fun. What great and glorious fun!

I'm not protecting you, I'm attacking Russ because his argument lacks substance.

Dunno, I guess? I suppose Max would change it to my real name if he felt confident that I was going to die, given that my death probably negates the headache thing.
Let's hope so, Eggman.
~~~
None of those apply to my role.
I'm starting to think Eggman just made it up.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2018, 11:56:02 pm »

That would be a fun thing to do, but I can't think of any practical reason I'd want to do so, other than attracting attention to myself? Guess attracting attention could be helpful because of the headache thing, but I've spoiled that by mentioning it, it seems.

Eggman. See if it takes, I guess.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2018, 12:37:23 am »

Eggman. See if it takes, I guess.
No. People can't vote for you without using your name, what fun would that be?

And the votes will apply to the person who is voted for, not the name that appears on the vote count. The vote count is just a record. Evidence: you guys were able to lynch Asmoth just fine even though the vote count was corrupted at the time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2018, 01:22:01 am »

Right, so you can kill me but it may hurt a little. Good to know!

...I guess this is an asset, of sorts? Deterrence is a pretty good means of defense in nature.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2018, 01:28:17 am »

I'm surprised you were unaware of this fact beforehand.

Pretty potent defense if it causes weakening, considering how frequent weakening is elsewhere from what we've seen. Seeing as I've already been weakened twice(which yes should have killed me as I understand it, I don't know why I'm not dead), lynching you could potentially kill me.

I mean, it wouldn't take permanently, but still. A potent defense.

The question is, Eggman, whether you are town, or scum? And how would we tell?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2018, 01:30:46 am »

Wait, shit. The headache only applies to my name said in the day thread, so people can use abilities to kill me whenever without retaliation. That comment about it being an effective defense was misjudged, please ignore it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2018, 01:38:59 am »

Eat it, Eggman. Assuming you're not lying, anyways. Still good protection against the lynch.

Not like it helps me much unless you're a werewolf.

Y'know what? Sure. Why not.

Let's play "who wants to be a werewolf!"
Because I'm a werewolf, I can turn people into more werewolves. Being a werewolf comes with a simply ludicrous list of abilities including a track+watch ability, a revive, being good at basketball, and more. Downside being that every werewolf possesses a kill that only works on other werewolves.

Who wants to be a werewolf, and why?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2018, 01:46:37 am »

I'm surprised you were unaware of this fact beforehand.

Pretty potent defense if it causes weakening, considering how frequent weakening is elsewhere from what we've seen. Seeing as I've already been weakened twice(which yes should have killed me as I understand it, I don't know why I'm not dead), lynching you could potentially kill me.

I mean, it wouldn't take permanently, but still. A potent defense.

The question is, Eggman, whether you are town, or scum? And how would we tell?

You've already said my name today, Remember? A headache tonight is a fate that you're unfortunately doomed to, with no way to prevent it that I know of.
If the headache does indeed cause weakening, I was unaware of this fact. If this means you're doomed now, I sincerely apologize for not warning you before. >_>

I'm Unknowable. If you kill me, my alignment will be shown as neither town not skum, but as ???. I'm not aware of any way to get around this and learn my true alignment, short of ending the game. You can of course guess at my motivations based on my actions, as this IS a game of Mafia, after all. ;P
To give a straight answer, I'm town. But I would say that, wouldn't I? In case you think I'm under some kind of truth or anti-truth or whatever aura, I can also say that my alignment is mafia, and cult, and serial killer, and fluffy mongoose. And my alignment is NOT town, or mafia, or cult, or serial killer, or fluffy mongoose. None of that is true except for being town, but I am at liberty to say them.

One more thing. I'm not fully convinced that you'd have no idea why being weakened twice doesn't kill you. Are you sure you don't have that information? Could it be a werewolf ability?

And could you remind me why your death wouldn't take?

Eat it, Eggman. Assuming you're not lying, anyways. Still good protection against the lynch.

Not like it helps me much unless you're a werewolf.

Y'know what? Sure. Why not.

Let's play "who wants to be a werewolf!"
Because I'm a werewolf, I can turn people into more werewolves. Being a werewolf comes with a simply ludicrous list of abilities including a track+watch ability, a revive, being good at basketball, and more. Downside being that every werewolf possesses a kill that only works on other werewolves.

No thanks. Assuming I get a say in the matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2018, 02:19:52 am »

One more thing. I'm not fully convinced that you'd have no idea why being weakened twice doesn't kill you. Are you sure you don't have that information? Could it be a werewolf ability?

And could you remind me why your death wouldn't take?
Werewolves do get a revive, but it triggers a cycle after death.

The only thing I can think of for not dying of weakness would be the Horsemen's rapture ability or whatever it was, that makes 50% of players undying per phase.

I'm Unknowable. If you kill me, my alignment will be shown as neither town not skum, but as ???. I'm not aware of any way to get around this and learn my true alignment, short of ending the game. You can of course guess at my motivations based on my actions, as this IS a game of Mafia, after all. ;P
To give a straight answer, I'm town. But I would say that, wouldn't I? In case you think I'm under some kind of truth or anti-truth or whatever aura, I can also say that my alignment is mafia, and cult, and serial killer, and fluffy mongoose. And my alignment is NOT town, or mafia, or cult, or serial killer, or fluffy mongoose. None of that is true except for being town, but I am at liberty to say them.
Good grief. That is a pile of work right there.

No thanks. Assuming I get a say in the matter.
Eh, depends, but I'll take it into consideration.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2018, 04:15:16 am »

I may or may not be currently reviving doomchild. If that is the case, having a confirmed townie in your little group might be useful (unless you are in fact the remaining cult leader and you're taking refuge in audacity). Speaking of which, you said earlier that you didn't start out as a werewolf. What were you before, and who turned you?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 04, 2018, 05:31:35 am »

Where did the werewolves come from?
This is why one doesn't give the word as "ignorance"

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2018, 05:32:50 am »

Since there is not many players, then it's possible that whoever is not visited has a chance at being scum. Since iceytea was not visited, then they could be scum.
then again I could be because I don't think anyone visited me, though they might have.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41