Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58609 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Hi-Def "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: SECOND DAWN
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2018, 05:46:43 pm »

Huh.

That riddle there? That's not useless.

Let's break it down.

Light of the Moon
Masks
Darkness
Truth
Lies
Sun

That's six subjects and I think they might match up to the six players left. I can tell because one of them corresponds to my role. The fact that Clash is capitalized is also interesting, as it doesn't seem to be a subject. However, Truth seems linked to TricMagic's role, which is something. At the very least it's connected to us, the players, though not necessarily only the alive ones.

All is struck down in Lies? I was basically told you targeted everyone. And if you're inflicting headaches on everyone? I think you might be Lies.

Also, a light headache? Try a rather not light at all headache.

My vote stays. Also, your role, or your word?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2018, 05:50:43 pm »

Something that annoys me is that Deus Asmoth only had 2 votes (FoU and doomchild) when he was lynched and didn't lie since he didn't explode. Meaning that he said the truth about having an auto that makes him appear as cult. While doomchild's vote didn't make a lot of sense for me and also flipped as town, my main suspect today is FoU.

This was one of Deus' last posts.

Interestingly, the vote count error looked sorta like spiders climbing over everything.
~~~
The Spiders. Deus didn't explode when he said that the spiders attacked him and stole his vote, right? I don't feel like having those spiders around. Unless someone claims having that power and being town. In which case I'll vote them and interrogate, instead.

Wait, hold on.

Deus Asmoth.
I have been informed that I should have said that the auto doesn't change my wincon.
DA: are you town?
To clarify this, I apparently can't answer 'yes' to this question. I have an auto that makes my alignment appear as cult (presumably to balance out the whole reviving thing), so I guess it'd be technically untrue to claim my alignment as town. It doesn't have any effect on my wincon though.
Something seems off here.

If the auto doesn't change his wincon, why would it be technically untrue to claim his alignment as town? Does what you inspect as change your alignment?
The passive says I alignment inspect as cult, so I guess it affects the technicalities of what my alignment is.

Deus Asmoth: Can the town win without you dying or otherwise changing from your current state?
As far as I know, every town player player can win without me dying or changing. Obviously I don't know if some other player requires me to be dead to win.

Well since I explode if I don't tell the truth and I've said I have a revive without exploding that probably means I have a revive.

But have you had that requirement the entire game?  If it was conferred to you by TricMagic's death, then you can say, "I've said I have a revive" and still maintain technical truth (since you did, in fact, say that).  This seems hinky to death.

Deus Asmoth
I feel like you're not paying attention to what's happening.
-Town can win without him dying or having his role altered. This means he's not from an anti-town faction.
-He inspects and shows up as a cultist.This auto doesn't change his wincon, so he can't be actually a member of a cult.

This probably means that he was, indeed, a cultist-miller. Maybe I'm wrong and the wording makes these not lies, but I dobut it. Since doomchild is dead and flipped town, the only one responsible for the "town" reviver is FoU. I'm starting to believe that he might actually be an hostile werewolf and not a death-miller. I would vote, but I like to keep my votes until I'm sure I want to see someone lynched and I'm not yet 100% sjre I want to lynch FoU since the miller claim still makes me dobut.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2018, 05:52:47 pm »

IcyTea31
I used my look-out ability on them and no one visited besides me. I am also weakened so I guess I should be glad the pokemon who just died can't kill me in my weakened form?

Anyway, I believe that IceTea is one of the biggest scum potentials, though I could be wrong.

Glad the SK died, what a cool set of abilities I must say.

Oh yeah KILL THE SPIDERS! They tried to attack me when I was lookout (or was it tracker? not sure but I see who visits as an ability)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2018, 06:04:44 pm »

To clarify this, I apparently can't answer 'yes' to this question. I have an auto that makes my alignment appear as cult (presumably to balance out the whole reviving thing), so I guess it'd be technically untrue to claim my alignment as town. It doesn't have any effect on my wincon though.
Immediately after this post, he exploded. At least one of these statements, therefore, must be a lie.
So. Either he can answer yes to the question(seems unlikely), he didn't actually have a cult miller auto, or it does actually affect his wincon. Or some combination of the above.

The passive says I alignment inspect as cult, so I guess it affects the technicalities of what my alignment is.

As far as I know, every town player player can win without me dying or changing. Obviously I don't know if some other player requires me to be dead to win.
Note the "I guess" and "as far as I know". Also the "player player" typo. And for good measure, the possibility that him converting someone doesn't actually make them not town, so to speak.

When you combine all that with his very culty role, I don't think he can be town.
~~~
Ninja!
IcyTea31
I used my look-out ability on them and no one visited besides me. I am also weakened so I guess I should be glad the pokemon who just died can't kill me in my weakened form?

Anyway, I believe that IceTea is one of the biggest scum potentials, though I could be wrong.

Glad the SK died, what a cool set of abilities I must say.

Oh yeah KILL THE SPIDERS! They tried to attack me when I was lookout (or was it tracker? not sure but I see who visits as an ability)
Any chance you're a werewolf?

Please explain why exactly you think IcyTea is scum. I don't see reasoning.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2018, 06:05:27 pm »

Huh.

That riddle there? That's not useless.

Let's break it down.

Light of the Moon
Masks
Darkness
Truth
Lies
Sun

That's six subjects and I think they might match up to the six players left. I can tell because one of them corresponds to my role. The fact that Clash is capitalized is also interesting, as it doesn't seem to be a subject. However, Truth seems linked to TricMagic's role, which is something. At the very least it's connected to us, the players, though not necessarily only the alive ones.

All is struck down in Lies? I was basically told you targeted everyone. And if you're inflicting headaches on everyone? I think you might be Lies.

Also, a light headache? Try a rather not light at all headache.

My vote stays. Also, your role, or your word?

I received that message at the START of the night, before Doomchild and Rockeater died. So at the time that was written, there were more than 6 players alive.

Pain is weakness leaving the body~

Unknowable would be my word. If you must know, my role is named ???.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »

Ah, alright. At night start, there were eight players alive. Now if we stretch it a little...

Light
Moon
Masks
Clash
Darkness
Truth
Lies
Sun

That's eight players, which is how many there were at the start of the night. Wait, at the start of the night? It seems to reflect the night actions a little. What's going on here?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:17 pm »

They're also all opposites of each other, except Masks and Clash.
Light and Darkness
Truth and Lies
Moon and Sun

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2018, 06:19:10 pm »

Interesting.

I don't think it's impossible that Clash was Rockeater, though I can't imagine who Doomchild was.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 03, 2018, 08:30:44 pm »

Aaaaand is there any chance you could tell us what time-of-use coloration is?
The most common colouration for abilities: day, night, any phase, death auto.

Anyway, votecount:
IcyTea31 (1): Thanatos Russ
Eggan (1): FallacyofUrist

That leaves four of you! Work it harder! Make it better! Do it faster! Makes us stronger!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »

Broseph, what is with this flavour analysis? What do we gain from that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2018, 09:08:44 pm »

Our work is never over!

Broseph, what is with this flavour analysis? What do we gain from that?
Anything or nothing. It's a weird poem thingy eggaboy apparently got during the night. Hypothetically, it could give us a weak general outline of everyone's roles and what they've been doing with them. Assuming it isn't a lie.

Interestingly, I can't recall eggman's true name ever being used in the vote count, possibly lending credence to the idea that we shouldn't say it.

I still think Eggman is hiding things but I'll change my vote to Thanatos Russ. It's not like he explains why IcyTea31 is scummy in any way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2018, 09:20:52 pm »

I asked him what would happen if he mentioned my name in the vote count. He replied that he supposed it would give him a headache, and the rest you can see.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:20 pm »

I didn't really pay attention when you said that it would give a headache. Does that mean we have to call you eggman now?

Regarding the weird poem riddle thing: Nothing of those are related to my role in any way, and Tric was dead even before the day ended yesterday so he couldn't be Truth.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2018, 11:22:54 pm »

Freaking Eggman.

Wait, if we can't use his name without headaches, does that mean we can't lynch him without getting headaches?

Regarding the weird poem riddle thing: Nothing of those are related to my role in any way, and Tric was dead even before the day ended yesterday so he couldn't be Truth.
Odd. What the heck, Eggman.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »

Who?~

I couldn't actually tell you. Just a message I got. I almost figured it would be sent to everyone, because who would send me some prophecy?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41