Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58673 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2018, 11:01:23 am »

On phone, so quotes are time-consuming. I can give a better post later.

I still think FoU is suspicious, but if he's truly a death miller then there's no point on lynching him and it would be better to lynch someone else to get their flip and then revive if it was a mislynch.
I know this, I was the one who said it first. Do you have anything to add it?

I still think there's something odd with TricMagic's role flip as there apparently were a few abilities removed from the flip, which seems to indicate that a part of the role didn't reveal on the flip.
Abilities were removed from the flip? Explain.

I also tried to vote the mod out of curiosity, but I admit this is probably not enough to count as experimentation on game mechanics and voting conceps is just silly.
Wasn't your idea, either.

If you want information, I could claim one of my abilities.
Only if doing so helps us more than it helps scum.

I don't think I have given up on anything when contradicted, though.
Here you fold like origami when I give an alternate theory, even though it's a pretty unlikely one:
If there can be a day-investigator, there can be a day-godfather. It's definitely a miller claim, but appearing innocent at day wouldn't confirm it.
...Huh, you're actually right. I guess that means there's no way to 100% prove that he's town, even with a day investigator.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2018, 11:07:47 am »

Sigh. Someone's died already? It's only day 1, dammit.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2018, 11:30:05 am »

"-Beautiful Truth (auto): When killed, you must specify a player; that player receives the Deathbed Confession ability as well as your The Worst Policy ability."

The role flip also mentions an ability called "Deathbed Confession", but it's not described anywhere.
MaxSpin edited it out of the post.

Doesn’t he know you’re not allowed to edit posts in mafia? :P
I edited it into the post first, actually. Then I changed my mind a second time and edited it back out. If you saw it, blot it from your brain!

And my original point was:

I investigate specifically as a werewolf.

Considering I know a way for people to investigate as fruit, it's not surprising that there would be weirdness like this.
~~~
Well. Voting's weird.

Fruit? I already feel bad for the investigators.

So you investigate as a werewolf during the night. Just the phase in which most roles (like investigators.) act. I'm not saying that there are no day investigators, but this is pretty much a miller claim. If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum. Like hector13 said, it's awfully convenient.

Y’all need to color that red and bold it, so [b][color=red]<name of who you’re voting here>[/color][/b]

Why are we all voting for the mod?
Why not? I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone else, so...

Maximum Spin
I said that unless there were day investigators, FoU couldn't be confirmed. Now he just can't be confirmed fully if there's the possibility that he's a day-godfather. Like I said, it's still pretty much a miller claim and should be treated like one.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2018, 11:39:55 am »

TricMagic did not have the Deathbed Confession ability; the wording of the ability conveys that, I hope. I simply vacillated on whether to include abilities which a player was capable of giving others in the roleflip, and decided not to.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2018, 12:07:36 pm »

Oh, I see. Makes sense not to reveal it since it's not really part of his role. Just waiting on Deus Asmoth answering the questions now.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2018, 12:42:29 pm »

Unvote.

I'll get back to you once I have more rope to give you.

Hector13: Why are you not voting to extend?

Are we getting an extend? If not, how long until twilight?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »

Are we getting an extend? If not, how long until twilight?
So far I only see three votes to extend out of 9. So no, not unless you get some people to vote! I'm thinking of letting it go to approximately the time D1 started, today, otherwise.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2018, 12:52:39 pm »

Firstly, extend.

(I'm honestly bad at scumhunting. Lack of experience.)

You and me both, man.  I'm struggling here.  I'm more than a little surprised at TricMagic's self-immolation.

Deus Asmoth

Do you have an explanation for the curious timing of the spiders?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2018, 01:02:48 pm »

Extend

Update: the spiders have attacked me, so I'm roleblocked and not able to vote, apparently. Killing the spiders may be a good idea after all.
Too convenient to be a coincidence. Removing the "if town, I'll revive" from the equation helps both your story and Tric's, depending on your alignments. If you're lying, you can say you can't revive him tomorrow if he flips town. If Tric flips mafia, removing your vote reduces the "safety" of the lynch, possibly discouraging the wagon.
I'm not sure about your reasoning here. How does me not being able to revive Tric discourage lynching him more or less than lynching anyone at all? Or do you mean that me saying that I was blocked encourages a no-lynch?

Right, Violets are Red, Roses are Blue, I'm Honest, and you should be too, Deus Asmoth.

Deus, answer me this, are you lying about the spiders attacking you? Are you lying about having a revive ability? Be... Honest. And answer these two questions.

Well, their is my ability, if he won't answer, he's lying, and those who lie get lynched. On the other hand, Truth is now his curse to bear.

My Tangerines is Honest ability does not allow me to visit everyone. This is the only lie I say. Be sure to extend. and...

Sayonara, minna.
I was attacked by spiders, or at least that's the flavour I was given for the roleblock and voteblock. I'm not lying about having a revive.

Interesting.

Deus Asmoth:

Is your alignment town?

Is your alignment mafia?
Yes, and no.

Dammit. Since he died because of saying a lie, he probably can't be revived anymore. The role flip also mentions an ability called "Deathbed Confession", but it's not described anywhere.

Desu Asmoth

Can you revive TricMagic?

Is your alignment the same as TricMagic's?

Are you neither town or scum?

Extend.
1. So the technical truth here is 'no', since I'm currently blocked. The other technical truth is 'no', since I can't gain a charge of my revive ability today since I'm unable to vote. The expanded truth is I can revive him as things currently stand, but someone else will die if I use the ability. The further expanded truth is that I will be able to revive him without killing anyone else after tomorrow's lynch if I'm the last person to vote for the person lynched and I don't get blocked again.

2. It looks like I answered this above.

3. No.

Deus  Asmoth: What is "Deathbed Confession"? If you know, describe it for us in full detail.
It's an auto that tells me a random player's rolename each day, but not which player the role belongs to.

Deus Asmoth

Do you have an explanation for the curious timing of the spiders?
The most likely reason seems to be that someone didn't want to let Tric get revived and roleblocked me. Are you suggesting that I roleblocked myself?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2018, 01:12:40 pm »

Interesting.

Deus Asmoth:

Is your alignment town?

Is your alignment mafia?
Yes, and no.

Do you mean "yes and no respectively" or are you simply stating that the answer to one of the questions is yes and the answer to the other question is no?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2018, 01:16:10 pm »

You bastard I wanted to have the Colombo moment.

DA: are you town?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2018, 01:16:43 pm »

Also extend, since I forgot to do that before heading to work this morning during the incident.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2018, 01:20:20 pm »

I'm answering questions in the order they appear. I'm pretty sure that writing the answer to questions in reverse order would make it technically untrue.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2018, 01:20:46 pm »

You bastard I wanted to have the Colombo moment.

DA: are you town?

Ignore that question.

Forgetting your previous responses to my questions, is your alignment town?

Also:

2. It looks like I answered this above.

I properly lol'd at this :))

This is an excellent time to be a pedant.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2018, 01:21:41 pm »

I'm answering questions in the order they appear. I'm pretty sure that writing the answer to questions in reverse order would make it technically untrue.

No, it wouldn't. You labelled the questions you were responding to from RGU, while you quoted the two questions I asked and gave non-specific answers.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41