Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58566 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2018, 04:21:03 pm »

DA

Hello all. So I believe I have a way around the investigation weirdness that's going on. I have the ability to revive a lynched player, but I have to be the last one to vote for a lynched player to gain access to the ability. As such, I'm suggesting one of you (town for the plan I'm thinking of, but scum can get lynched as well if they want) volunteers to be lynched today, I put the last vote on you and then we'll have a confirmed town player when they come back to life tomorrow. The reason I'm laying this out now is mostly to avoid needless suspicion from me trying to get access to my revive, but the early advantage from having a flipped town player come back to life seems handy.

This is an interesting thing to reveal at this point. You encourage a townie to offer themselves up for the lynch while simultaneously providing a tacit reason for you to not participate in finding scum ("I was waiting for the town to come to a consensus on who to use my revive on") allowing you to avoid much suspicion from town lynches. "I was blocked!" provides a good enough reason for you to not have been able to revive the townie for the subsequent morn, also. A quick walkback on a simple gambit after people show they're disinclined to bite.

Delving deeper, though, maybe the gambit isn't so simple? You lay the work to allow you to jump on wagons at the last minute willy nilly and can claim you're only doing so to save a townie, but then claim that you were somehow blocked from getting the revive off.

I could see that working once, maybe, if there was someone else that had somehow done something more suspicious than convincing a town player to get themselves killed and then not revived them. I don't know what would be more suspicious though, so it honestly seems like a dumb thing to do as scum. WIFOM abound and all though. For what it's worth, I fully expect to get lynched if I do get blocked from using the revive, so if someone has a way to prevent that from happening it would be appreciated.

Maximum Spin
sundry inanimate concepts: Although it would be deeply amusing to me to force you to lynch people by totalitarian dictatorship or drawing from a hat, I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that things actually be in some sense alive for you to lynch them.

Hmm. Darth Vadar. votecount please.

Can we get a census of the 11 non-spider residents of Clooneyville?

Rockeater
You totaly missed the point of my second line, didn't you.

I was showing that all the role claims that were made (exept people claiming town) weren't saying anything on their alignmennt, how much information you can get from someone saying he's a miller, or that investigating him would do something, or that he could resurect people if he was the last to vote for them, some, but not enough to get a definitive deriction unless you have some information you're not sharing.
And by now we do have some intresting things, like lynching Max  :P
Why is potentially lynching the mod more interesting than what people who are actually guaranteed to be in the game have claimed about their roles? If you feel like you need more information about what's been said you could always try asking people about it directly.

FOU:
Huh. Spin clarified.

Investigation weirdness is prioritized, at least for me. So the whole investigation thing is town at day and werewolf at night for me.

Which overwrites my earlier wrong-investigation passive of mafia when I [.x] and serial killer when I [.y].

[.x] and [.y] redacted because I don't feel like giving away role details at this point. Aside from investigation weirdness which is seemingly common.
Was your town-day werewolf-night thing given to you by an action? It seems kind of weird that you would have two passives in your role where one just straight up negates the other.

Tric
that was 4 hours in-between changes, Hector. And as for what I can do to check, I can always visit him at night.
Length of time doesn't really matter as much as activity in that length of time. As far as I can tell the only action regarding your vote on hector was random asking for your reasoning behind it since hector didn't post at all between the vote and the unvote. So it all seems kind of pointless to me.

Well, my role specific says town in it. So there's that.

What about the rest of you, what alignment?
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to say town to this.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2018, 04:22:27 pm »

Has Thanatos Rush appeared to post? I can't quite be bothered to remember.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »

Hmm. Darth Vadar. votecount please.
The same as before, but now Egg is voting for Tric, Tric's voting for Thanatos, and you're voting for a misspelling of a space villain.

In the unlikely event that you lynch Darth Vader I guess I'd just write some fluff about blowing up the death star.

Can we get a census of the 11 non-spider residents of Clooneyville?
Why do you assume there are 11 non-spider residents? Why would there be exactly 5,000,000 spiders?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2018, 04:32:49 pm »

It does seem unlikely that there are exactly 5000000 spiders in the town.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2018, 04:38:16 pm »

I hate when people lose their sense of humor so early in this game.

What I said is what people said about their role doesn't have as much consequence as you all think it have.
And I'm horrible with questions so I'll try to enter when I think I can.

And 5000001 spiders is equly unlikly
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2018, 05:03:08 pm »

Was your town-day werewolf-night thing given to you by an action? It seems kind of weird that you would have two passives in your role where one just straight up negates the other.
This is a weird game. But yeah, I didn't start the game as a werewolf.

We know there's 11 players. Not ten. 11.
No, we know there are 11 residents of Clooneyville. How are you so sure the 11 residents are all players?

What do you think we should do about your convenient excuse that you can't? 'cause you claiming a revive is also awfully convenient in discouraging the town from wanting to vote for you.
The display of the number of signed-up players turned to 11 before the game started.
Okay, I guess that could just be more bastardy. I guess. We'll see.

Honestly, the best way for you to tell if I'm scum would be to analyze my behavior. Lynch me if I act scummy, don't if I don't. Although the various miller shenanigans shouldn't do anything about tracking and watching or any other investigative actions that may exist. That might help.

I have a question for you. Hector, what would you consider scummy in this game?
~~~
Let's make that questions for everyone.

Maximum Spin: Are you a player in this game?

Sell stuff. Care for some Fruit? Or you could just confess all your sins, if you have any at least.
TricMagic: Real fruit?

So, what do ya wanna do with me after dark, Tric?~
Egan_BW: So what makes him suspicious to you? Or if he's not suspicious, why are you voting for him?

I hate being sick.  But I like being town.
doomchild: Are you sick in the game or real life?

IcyTea31: What purpose do you think the spiders serve? What would lynching them do? Just, hypothetically speaking.

Spiders: How do you feel about being voted?

Rockeater and IcyTea31: Does the information we've given out give no help at all? Does it not help the town? And can I vote two people at once?

Deus Asmoth: Darth Vadar or Darth Vader? And why would that help? Are you testing whether we can vote things with absolutely no connection to the game? Or something else?

Thanatos Rath: Where you at?

Everyone else: How sharp are your teeth?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2018, 05:05:35 pm »

Maximum Spin: Are you a player in this game?
No.
And can I vote two people at once?
...fine. But it's a half vote for each. AND I'll judge you for it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2018, 05:08:05 pm »

Maximum Spin: What effect does being judged have?
~~~
IcyTea31: So your vote is being divided among every single spider. Maybe. I dunno.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2018, 05:09:08 pm »

So, what do ya wanna do with me after dark, Tric?~
Egan_BW: So what makes him suspicious to you? Or if he's not suspicious, why are you voting for him?

He offered to visit me in night phase, without actually saying what that would involve. When I asked, he provided an answer that doesn't satisfy my desire to know what he's up to.

Very. :D

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2018, 05:10:22 pm »

This is a weird game. But yeah, I didn't start the game as a werewolf.

We know there's 11 players. Not ten. 11.
No, we know there are 11 residents of Clooneyville. How are you so sure the 11 residents are all players?

What do you think we should do about your convenient excuse that you can't? 'cause you claiming a revive is also awfully convenient in discouraging the town from wanting to vote for you.
The display of the number of signed-up players turned to 11 before the game started.
Okay, I guess that could just be more bastardy. I guess. We'll see.

Teeth: No idea. I don't have a way to measure the sharpness.

About the number of players: Do you think we should be playing assuming there are actually 11 players and not 10? An extra player would change the number of lynches before a LyLo, for example.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2018, 05:12:50 pm »

Also:

Maximum Spin: How many inhabitants of this town are players?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2018, 05:22:29 pm »

About the number of players: Do you think we should be playing assuming there are actually 11 players and not 10? An extra player would change the number of lynches before a LyLo, for example.
I think we should try to find out.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2018, 05:23:09 pm »

Aww, I know why you all press on the point of me insisting that saing you're a miller isn't as important as you thing it is, to put pressure on me, but why to return to the same thing after I answered it.

Here:s an example: I'm some kind of a miller, when investigated or die I'll show up as a SK, how much information you got from that claim?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »

Maximum Spin: What effect does being judged have?

Maximum Spin: How many inhabitants of this town are players?
All of them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2018, 05:29:19 pm »

LYNCH THE SPIDERS!!! QUICKLY, BEFORE THEY OVERWHELM US!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41