Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58578 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »

TricMagic, I don't understand why you're hunting a phantom player instead of the actual scum.  Care to explain it to me?
What if... the phantom player was scum?

It's a possibility. Hunting a more reasonable target would be a better idea for the moment.
~~~
Normally the whole point in being a death miller is that you want to avoid any and all suspicion while leading town.
Er, what?
~~~
For example, you could take what I said about becoming a werewolf and Egan saying that he has sharp teeth and infer that Egan turned me into a werewolf.
Canine teeths aren't sharp. Pointy, maybe. But you can't call your teeths sharp unless they at least slice paper with no friction. >:|
So you're not a werewolf?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2018, 07:23:34 pm »

TricMagic, I don't understand why you're hunting a phantom player instead of the actual scum.  Care to explain it to me?

It's a possibility. Hunting a more reasonable target would be a better idea for the moment.
~~~
Normally the whole point in being a death miller is that you want to avoid any and all suspicion while leading town.
Er, what?

I mean, it's suspicious to mention being death miller because it basically means that if you are scum then people won't trust investigation results, and if you are innocent then you brought up attention to yourself.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2018, 07:24:36 pm »

Given the number of players in the game, we can be fairly certain that there are multiple scum.  So far, it has only been posited that there is one phantom player.  Therefore, at least one of the known players _has_ to be scum.  It seems to make more sense to go after the pool where we _know_ someone is scum.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2018, 07:31:28 pm »

I mean, it's suspicious to mention being death miller because it basically means that if you are scum then people won't trust investigation results, and if you are innocent then you brought up attention to yourself.
Eh. I feel like town should be honest.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2018, 07:33:33 pm »

You also do ballsy shit like this as non-town, m80.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2018, 07:47:35 pm »

I guess.

hector13: What's your opinion on policy lynches? Look! An easter egg!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2018, 07:51:44 pm »

Policy lynch policy lynchers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »

You also do ballsy shit like this as non-town, m80.
Still, he's right. I strongly believe one should always try to tell the truth and lynch all liars. Only problem is that seemingly no one can prove that he's actually being honest because of being a death miller.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2018, 10:06:46 pm »

I guess you'll just have to analyze my behavior, then.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2018, 11:26:20 pm »

Given we can apparently vote for the mod, this is suspicious.
Lynching the mod is a gamble that I wouldn't take, at least on D1.

Does everyone have a revive, or are you just trying to find someone who does? :P
No comment.

I get how it might be perceived as a waste of a revive, but not how he's so towny that it would also be a waste of a kill at this point. Is he your number 1 town pick, outside yourself?
This represents quite a shift in your thoughts. FoU was slightly town, now he's on thin ice?
You seem to be all over the place with FoU, man. Town and thin ice and nah let's not let him think we're interested in lynching him at this point.

Could you walk us through your thought process regarding him?
I read him as townish when he made his first miller claim, but then he updated it to death miller. That both takes his scumminess through the roof and eliminates any information we'd gain from lynching him. The question is, is leaving him alive for now worse than using our lynch on him and not on somebody that will give us actual data. In my opinion, he's a decent lynch for another day, but today we want something more informative.

What did the votecount do for you?
Showed me whether the votes on Spin and the spiders were valid. Them being valid reveals one aspect of this game's bastardry.

Now, now, don't be holding out on us. What do you gain from doing that?
No comment.

The open-ended "what's the real reason?" would be better here, as otherwise it allows your boy to get off the hook with a simple "no, there isn't".
True. I blame fatigue after my work day on that. Egan?

What about the rest of you, what alignment?
Town. What makes you think anyone would say anything else?

IcyTea31: What purpose do you think the spiders serve? What would lynching them do? Just, hypothetically speaking.
I don't know, but I'm slightly troubled by them after recent developments. The primary purpose of that vote was to test out the system for bastardry. Unvote.

Does the information we've given out give no help at all? Does it not help the town?
It does help, but doesn't lead to much else.

How sharp are your teeth?
I'm a human, both in-game and out.

So your vote is being divided among every single spider. Maybe. I dunno.
If that's the case, it's an interesting thing.

Does this mafia community always reveal tons of information on day 1?
Not always, but D1 is a great time for risky gambits, for all alignments.

TricMagic: Why do you keep moving from subject to subject before receiving satisfactory answers to your questions?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2018, 11:33:02 pm »

The question is, what does lynching a non-player do? Does it add them to the game?

Could we summon Shakerag by lynching him?

Actually, I have an idea.

TricMagic's Left Foot. Can we lynch part of someone? Let's find out!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2018, 06:48:32 am »

You forgot Maximum spin vote count
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:03 am »

Mostly the fast pace. I mean, I kinda wonder at things.

Early morning to you too, FallacyofUrist. Why the change to death miller?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2018, 07:11:01 am »

You wonder at things? What do you mean by that?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2018, 07:13:35 am »

Right, that explains the infinity on one of my abilities. Can someone protect me tonight so I can find the player? And someone should definitely watch me to see who I visit. That should reveal the name of the Eleventh Player.
This was not in Jest IcyTea.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41