FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78714 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1915 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #675 on: February 07, 2019, 12:36:54 pm »

Why not just make the bardiche with the ring neck? it's not really that complicated for us and spending a whole revision on the bardiche would be a waste. Bundle it together and take advantage of the research credit and do both at once. We won't catch up if we do the bare minimum every turn.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1915 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #676 on: February 07, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »

Feedback pls. All credit to Frostgiant for the design keynotes.

Spoiler: Gandiva (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:35:17 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 09, 2019, 05:54:09 am »

I believe that the Charybdis is too good. Below I will do my best to explain my reasoning. I am on a phone, so I apologise in advance for any errors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 09, 2019, 02:31:18 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 09, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

here are 3 designs. A Small ship designed to kill the UFO
A naval ship designed to act as a lander, and get us gravity shield experience while also creating a 60mm autocannon.
and a more conventinal Hover craft lander, designed to get our forces to the beach... adn that about it. The safe option

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2019, 06:25:27 pm »

Design:
Baba Yaga (1): Frostgiant
-Use research credit and +1 (1): Frostgiant

ARA-1915NC-AAL "Neptune" (1): Kashyyk

Switching my vote to the Neptune.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2019, 07:06:18 pm »

Design:
Baba Yaga (1): Frostgiant
-Use research credit and +1 (1): Frostgiant

ARA-1915NC-AAL "Neptune" (1): Kashyyk
Gandiva (1): Doomblade

I want to use the revision to make a lander.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 09, 2019, 07:08:03 pm »

I want to use the revision to make a lander.

I want to use the revision on the apollo project.
Design:
Baba Yaga (0):
-Use research credit and +1 (0):

ARA-1915NC-AAL "Neptune" (2): Kashyyk, Frostgiant
-Use Research credit (1): Frostgiant
-Use +1 (1): Frostgiant

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2019, 11:04:11 am »

Quote from: Abberan Salt is Better
Design:
Baba Yaga (0):

-Use Research credit (2): Frostgiant, Doomblade
-Use +1 (2): Frostgiant, Doomblade

-Use 1 research credit (1): Doomblade
-Use +1 (1): Doomblade

Added credit votes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:39 am »

Design:
Baba Yaga (0):

-Use Research credit (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Kashyyk
-Use +1 (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Kashyyk

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 10, 2019, 01:54:58 pm »

Design:
Baba Yaga (0):

ARA-1915NC-AAL "Neptune" (3): Kashyyk, Frostgiant, Jerick
-Use Research credit (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jerick
-Use +1 (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jerick

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1915 A.C. Cold Season (Revision Phase)
« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:09 pm »

Year 1915 A.C. Cold Season, Design Phase

Proposal: ARA-1915NC-AAL "Neptune"
The Neptune heavily armored lander is a naval ship coming in under a hundred meters.
It has been designed with a cealium lift system, purely to ensure that the hull does not sink itself underneath its size to weight ratio on the open ocean. This lift system is of course much weaker than that of a sky ship.

The outside of the lander is equipped with thick armour, and covered in a series of small-aligned cealium nodes. These nodes are designed to push incoming fire down or off to the side, turning a hit into a miss or a richet, protecting the Ship from the FBJ bullets by robbing them of kinetic energy and causing them to not hit the ship in the first place.These are in place above the ship as well, deflecting incoming shells into the waters around it.

When it makes impact with the shores of the beach, the prow will open, turning into a landing ramp and opening the gullet of the beast, releasing the tanks and infantry within.
Up to 4 gendarme tanks or 8 Caliburns can be held within the stomach of this heavily armored behemoth, along with a company of soldiers, who have been crammed into this hold for the short journey between abberan territory and salviosi beaches.
This is a very vulnerable process, and so, The Neptune is armed to suppress enemy forces on the beach to give our landing troops the best chances they have.
To help protect the ship during travel from air raids and to clear the beaches during landing, the Top of the ship mounts two large, squat turrets designed to shoot at incoming enemy Ships and suppress enemy fortifications.

These turret are a 60mm duel barreled autocannon, using its two barreled nature to continue firing far in excess of what a single barrel could do before overheating and wearing away.

It is the hope of the Abberan research department, that between the landing capacity of the ship and with enough Neptune’s it will be able to clear enemies from landings zones while protecting itself from incoming Charybdis on an attack run.

Difficulty: Ludicrous
Result: 3 (4+2+1-4) 4 (4+3+1-4) 8 (6+5+1-4) = Average

The Neptune is quite the undertaking, and to our knowledge, much like the fairy tale character from our children's books, is the current king of the waves - between the Harren Island combatants, at least.

While we do not necessarily have the infrastructure to support a fleet, or even enter open ocean, we've managed over the past few years to build and support some sort of naval capabilities between us and Salvios. While we did not expect a proposal of this magnitude, there is no denying that it actually works. The massive Neptune shouldn't float, especially with a full load, but does thanks to a weaker version of the lifting system used in the Orleans and it's variant. Aligned Caelium nodes are embedded around the 100mm armor (150mm at the Conning Tower and the front hatch/ramp) that, when activated, are meant to deflect incoming fire. The system drains it's power stores (separate from the rest of the ship's, thankfully) quicker than they can recharge, and due to the pushing nature of Aligned Caelium, cannot be maintained for more than a few seconds at a time lest the ship begin to buckle. The interior of the Neptune is spacious enough to hold a company of soldiers as well as four Gendarmes or eight Caliburns. It does get cramped and there is nowhere to strap anyone down to, though the vehicles are secured. Exiting the Neptune can be tedious, as either the vehicles or infantry need to file out before the other to minimize running people over. The propeller-driven ship can reach speeds of twelve knots (or around 22 kph).

Atop the ship are a pair of turrets carrying a single-barreled 60mm autocannon. There were attempts to construct a double-barreled model, however it wasn't going over quite right and we needed to move on lest the rest of the Neptune suffer for it. It fires 80 rounds per minute and the autoloading system only rarely malfunctions.

The Neptune costs 8 Ore, 4 Caelium, 5 Gavrillium, and 3 Chemical Compounds, making it a (NATIONAL EFFORT).

----------------

With this beast supporting our hovercraft we expect to make gains wherever it's able to deploy. We aren't finished however, as you still have the opportunity to make changes this Revision Phase. Using this Revision to build upon our Amphibious Invasion capabilities will net a Research Credit for it as the Design did.

IT IS NOW THE REVISION PHASE.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits+Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Salviosi Armory (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: removed for clarity.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:23:23 am by Doomblade187 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nodens "Neptune" Variant Assault lander
The Neptune currently suffers from overreach, as such the nodens is a project dedicated to scaling pack the impressive Neptune into a more manageable variant. Both the Neptune and the Nodens will have parts of its armoring and hull replaced with Caelum steel in key parts, The aim of this revision in the Neptune and the nodens, which share a very similar hull, is to decrease the needed amount of metal done to a more manageable cost.
Both the Neptune and the Nodens will have their generators updated with capacitor systems similar to the sparkpacks, allowing the generators to output more power, providing more of the very lifeblood of abberan vehicles and decreasing the number of promethium rods that are consumed to feed the beasts in the long term.
Additionally, due to the sheer lack of anything having worked on increasing the strength of the promethium generator before, the design teams has added a faraday cage around the piezoelectric vice mechanism and a series of surge protectors to protect against any case of the explodies this time around.

The cargo bay floor has been changed to have a series of small D rings embed in it, allowing the soldiers to tie their packs to it or hang items on the D-rings attached to the wall. This also allows the bay to be used for cargo, allowing it to be strapped down unto these D rings that are built into the floor.

The design team would like to remind the grunts that being required to file out, after the tanks is the point due to the tanks being essentially a large wall, compared to the fleshy meat bags taking cover inside the barrel (like fish) behind these tanks, providing them some protection against small arms and machine gun fire.

The Nodens and the Neptune have 1 grand difference, even with all of the similar revisions they are currently undergoing. The Nodens assault lander, will have its aligned cealium shielding system removed, cheapening the whole ship due to a much-lessened chemical cost, Aligned cealium cost and power cost. This along with the Above ore saving measures should allow us to deploy a large number of these landers upon the enemy shores.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:05:10 pm by frostgiant »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nodens: (1) Frostgiant

Frost asked to vote for him.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59