FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78844 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Airships:
ARA-ARAF-1913CRV 'ARAF Hydra' (0):
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (1): Frostgiant

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (1): Frostgiant
Olympus Floating fortress (0):

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Airships:
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (2): Frostgiant, Doomblade

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (2): Frostgiant, Doomblade
Olympus Floating fortress (1): Doomblade

>.>
<.<
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Airships:
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Done.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Caelium airplanes could be neat.

Also, could we use promethium as a self-cooling propellant? Powerful, and the exothermic reaction of depletion cools the barrel.

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@tryant, how does the plane fly about?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caelium airplanes could be neat.

Also, could we use promethium as a self-cooling propellant? Powerful, and the exothermic reaction of depletion cools the barrel.

Two problems, one is with how promethium works, Either it releases all that energy at once, and in that case is really to much energy all at once, or it does it slow burn multiple times, in which case the cooling doesn't work right.
or B. if it does rapidly heat the barrel from firing, then flash cool it, that is a lot more stress on the barrel then heating up then cooling down. Also, cold metal is very brittle, the stress of firing could cause the barrel(and mechanism) to shatter

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@tryant, how does the plane fly about?

The AC current controls direction of the electricity. That controls where the Caelium is applied. Therefore I am using the Caelium with said electric like a old world gravity repulsor. Akin to a vtol propeller fan thing.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to admit a small amount of "I made it bias", but I'd like some explanations for the Orleans over the Hydra in the event that it convinces me. Still, the idea of an impenetrable barrier of eternal Fimbulwinter is neat.
Airships:
ARAF-1913CRV 'ARAF Hydra' (1): D7
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, D7

Avanti!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, this turn we will be conquering the two territorys adjecent to the north drossing, according to GM in discord.

As such, now that we have some territory thats probably going to be fought on, I think we can stop dumping entrenchment on the forest.
I think we should put it into the Plains this turn, Because the open terrain isn't the best for us right now. Mountains are better for use with our mobile machine guns, paladins, Wickerman and Paladins.

After that I think we should start dumping into North crossing and Plains, back and forth. Until one hits 2, and start doing the same with mountains. In the end, north crossing should be 3 (or 2 if we take harren before then) with plains and mountain being 2 as well.

EDIT: While it doesn't really matter, because we will have them by the combat start either way, I think we should get promethium this turn and cealium next turn.
This is becasue we are using lots of Promethium tech this turn. Including being part of my desired Paladin Revidion (Pizo electric small generator, K-wool under suit, and change the Helmet to be a full helmet, with inbuilt gas mask

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:08:10 pm by frostgiant »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@tryant levithian, apparently  caelium lift rods lift all the structure attached to them, not a localized field. I suggest a new technobabble explanation.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like we're short some votes, but things look generally. Going to give until 5:00 PM Eastern US before I officially lock the votes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, I should probably vote.

Airships:
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, Kashyyk

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, Kashyyk

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Airships:
ARA-ARAF-1913CRV 'ARAF Hydra' (1): D7
RSN 1913Cor “Orleans” Sky corvette (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, Kashyyk

Entrenchment:
ARA model-1913ART Jotunn (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, Kashyyk
Vote deletion is bad. Still, the Orleans is probably going to win barring some miracle of nature, so here are my gripes.

This is a scout ship and support vessel. It does not need a lot of armor and K-wool. We're going to be facing machine guns and possibly AA meant to damage canvas and struts, and a full blown artillery hit is going to destroy a corvette regardless of how much armor you slap on it. The use of all the K-Wool and armor is probably going to push the availability of our airships down further.

And finally, my most important and damning complaint -- Royal Sky Navy sounds strange. Truly, a scathing complaint. Delving into the realm of grammar, yes, but it's not a navy, it's an air force. If we want a unique name or whatnot, why not Aeronautical Corps or something like that?

Edit: Wait, MoP probably meant 5:00 yesterday. Ech.

Avanti!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a scout ship and support vessel. It does not need a lot of armor and K-wool. We're going to be facing machine guns and possibly AA meant to damage canvas and struts, and a full blown artillery hit is going to destroy a corvette regardless of how much armor you slap on it. The use of all the K-Wool and armor is probably going to push the availability of our airships down further.
They've got caelium and promethium + some other super resource. I don't know what it'll be face but seeing as we've been able to make power armour I'm certain what they've made is going to be more significant than a few machine guns and light AA. If we send a lightly armoured ship against them it'll get torn to shreds. Remember that a large portion of the enemy forces on the battlefield will have line of sight on it and it's a big target. Planes dealt with this by small size, speed and altitude. We've likely only got the altitude if even. Which ever design we make is going to take a lot of ground fire. Armour is it's best bet for survival.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59