FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78795 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SRD stands for Special research and development IE, Special resources.
Fuck it, If caelium is something they can mess with through bad design rolls I falling back on my old favorite Biotech. HAs some other resource Ideas we can do instead. We cannot go insane doing this, because of limited Island resources and resource that can be discovered Like CHemical compound, we should only do this 2ish times.

Cealium science revision for revision 1 (Priority becasue of the fact that a bad roll by salvios could modify teh resource and we won't know. Get some of the laws of caelium codified so we knwo what it does.)
Draco mod for revision 2
And DNA catalyst for design.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:29:23 pm by frostgiant »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Forgive me, but that sounds kind of strange as compared to our current path. Bioscience doesn't really make sense alongside reactive chemicals, antigravity, and possible superoil.

Avanti!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgive me, but that sounds kind of strange as compared to our current path. Bioscience doesn't really make sense alongside reactive chemicals, antigravity, and possible superoil.

It does get along with superheavy armour, and urban warfare.

Also, apparently Gravite was a resource they used a design action on. So now our primary reosurce is connected to their secondary. this fucking sucks.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:45:29 pm by frostgiant »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

If we want a Special Resource I'd suggest Promethium. It will have excellent synergy with Caelium. One of our big issues with Caelium designs will be powering them. Battery technology is crap even in the 21st century, so a solution to that would massively improve our combat effectiveness.

If we don't want a new Special Resource yet I'd suggest the Peeper. Still very useful for Caelium practice and as our first foray into the Air Force.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we want a Special Resource I'd suggest Promethium. It will have excellent synergy with Caelium. One of our big issues with Caelium designs will be powering them. Battery technology is crap even in the 21st century, so a solution to that would massively improve our combat effectiveness.

If we don't want a new Special Resource yet I'd suggest the Peeper. Still very useful for Caelium practice and as our first foray into the Air Force.

Sure, I'd go with prometuim.
from the description it also could give Our incendiary weapons a nice kick or make explosive bullets.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Promethium should be a super gas, liquid or vapor form to break the mold here. As it would make it easier to burn so more energy. I support it as a resource, just voting on the form.

Super fuel is always handy.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Promethium should be a super gas, liquid or vapor form to break the mold here. As it would make it easier to burn so more energy. I support it as a resource, just voting on the form.

Super fuel is always handy.

Crystalline form makes it easy to convert to ammunition, because of a lack of a need for a durable Container. instead it just needs whatever primer makes it detonate.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another power source resource is Orichalcum from the Atlantis myth.

It was a sturdy metal that generated electricity just by existing.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While boring, a super metal would always be good (super as in very very strong)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And from the source material all Prontheium is, is gasoline/petroleum but burns when exposed to oxygen and is akin to super napalm. Hence thinking of just making it super gasoline to say so.

Rather have super metal though. Or super gas. No rocks right now.

If we do rocks was thinking of Sun Stone from John Carter/Princess of Mars.

Rocks that act as bullets but impact during sun light, explodes at impact (though not for night. Just a bullet then.)

Rather just stick to the super metal that generates electricity.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Draco Weight Reduction
By going through the design with a fine-tooth comb, we will be able to replace parts with lighter alternatives, thin down excessively large sections and generally reduce the weight of the shotgun without compromising the durability of the weapon.

Paladin Armour Durability
The fragile nature of the armour cabling is a significant liability. An unlucky shot could easily slow down the wearer enough to turn a near miss into a crippling blow. By reinforcing the internal cabling and their attachment points, we should be able to ensure plates do not randomly regain their true weight.

Quote from: Votes (1 design, 2 revisions, 1 Paladin)
Design:
(1) ARA Model-1912B Semi-Automatic Pistol: Doubloon
(1) Promethium : Kashyyk

Revisions:
(1) Draco Weight Reduction: Kashyyk
(1) Paladin Armour Durability: Kashyyk

Paladin:
Aren Wagner von Blankenbruck: (1) Doubloon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

We should also fix the jamming if we revise the Draco - these are the larger revisions.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also had a idea of a resource. Propellant Gel. Liquid substance to push out projectiles, propel engines/rocket just liquid and not smoke/Fire. As Gel pushes it turns solid when spent.

Could also maintain gun barrels and such as super lube. Yeah it probably sounds lame and sticking to the super metal though. Just the events of seeing how Salvios rips us off thinking of things they would not think of.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if any revision is spent on the Draco, it needs to fix the Jamming issue too.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed. If we revise Draco, must fix jamming. Otherwise going to be using it as a club.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59