FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78724 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course, that depends on what requests the military makes from us, because these two design credits are very strong.

Also, I want to make superheavy infantry armour, lightened with Caelium so it doesn't restrict the user any more than normal infantry gear. Enough caeluim and a suit of armour could let the person wearing it run very fast due to a lack of weight. Heavy infantry made real again.
That can then progress into actually powered armour. Probably not for a little bit, but I want to do this quite a bit.

EDIT: battery shouldn't be as hard as I thought they would be. The nickel-cadmiun rechargeable battery was invented in 1899 and commercialized in sweden in 1910.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:53:49 pm by frostgiant »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Just saying, but there should be a separate antigrav powered tower shield for infantry.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saying, but there should be a separate antigrav powered tower shield for infantry.

That is possible. Hell give the heavy infantry the tower shield and a shotgun. AKA the "I'll rip your arms off and beat you to death with them" build.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is possible. Hell give the heavy infantry the tower shield and a shotgun. AKA the "I'll rip your arms off and beat you to death with them" build.
Could be a combo with Draco.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could be a combo with Draco.
that's why im voting for it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes, one thing I want.

Super dense warhammer, made as big and heavy as is reasonable, lightened, and used by heavies. Tear apart fortifications while swinging 50kg+ hammers like they're made of balsa wood.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Why though? Howitzers can tilt, so you just have the maximum safe powder load in a cartridge and tilt the barrel for different ranges. Putting the shell and powder in separately just makes the system more complex, slower, and liable to getting wet. If separate loading is what you want, use a metal casing instead of a bag.

Also, the warhammer wouldn't work. Warhammers rely on crushing force, and when the thing is made light, it doesn't matter anymore since the force behind the swing is at a minimum.

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why though? Howitzers can tilt, so you just have the maximum safe powder load in a cartridge and tilt the barrel for different ranges. Putting the shell and powder in separately just makes the system more complex, slower, and liable to getting wet. If separate loading is what you want, use a metal casing instead of a bag.

Also, the warhammer wouldn't work. Warhammers rely on crushing force, and when the thing is made light, it doesn't matter anymore since the force behind the swing is at a minimum.
Well, it seems like that. But the trick is, things in zero G still retain their mass. So yes, we would lose some acceleration due to gravity, but humans are good at hitting things. You would get the entire mass of the hammer hitting at about the speed they swing at.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The war hammer has two flaws, I love awesome melee Weapons ( maybe Tower Shield can have a spring blade compartment.)

But yeah, the hammer flaws

1: The circuit work to charge hammer to keep it Light will be complex as hell. Definitive penalty in rolls.

2: If anybpuny normal mortal person actually connects, they can do the damage. But their arms would break. Break really badly. So in a case like that you need to upgrade the trooper, Artifical muscles or mutating/enhancing the trooper.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The war hammer has two flaws, I love awesome melee Weapons ( maybe Tower Shield can have a spring blade compartment.)

1: The circuit work to charge hammer to keep it Light will be complex as hell. Definitive penalty in rolls.

2: If anybpuny normal mortal person actually connects, they can do the damage. But their arms would break. Break really badly. So in a case like that you need to upgrade the trooper, Artifical muscles or mutating/enhancing the trooper.
I was envisioning power armor used with it, so that could work.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Further note:

This turn going with either chemical refining, Draco shotgun or iron rain. Depends on votes. Revision definitively reviving the Grenade. As with chemical industry help in ordinance making, better do with making chemical reactions and such.

Iron Rain: Howizeters are great. They hit hard and range. But the Iron Man can be a squad support weapon that only needs one burly sob to move around and fire smaller, but still potent shells.

Draco: A lot of close counters, shotgun is great. With Tower Shield, greater poetical.

If you guys like can post Caelium designs I have in mind to experiment with this stuff.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post them!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votes (2 designs, 1 revision)
Designs:
ARA Model-001B Semiautomatic Pistol: (1) DoubloonSeven
Iron Rain Mortar: (3) DoubloonSeven, Doomblade, Jerick
ARA Diablo Field Artillery: (0)
ARA Draco Trench Gun: (2) Frostgiant, Kashyyk
ARA Type-A1 Machine Gun : (0)
Gorgon Long Range Artillery Piece: (4) Doomblade, Frostgiant, Jerick, Kashyyk
-----
Revision:
Clamp Down: (0)
Chemical Industry: (1) DoubloonSeven,
Wickerman Improvement Project: (4) Doomblade, Frostgiant, Jerick, Kashyyk
-----
Resource
Caelium: (6) Doubloon,Tyrant Leviathan,  frostgiant, Doomblade, Jerick, Kashyyk
Helium: 0
Promethium: (0)

As we can apparently have more than one sci fi resource, I will rescind my vote for Promethium. It will combine very well with Caelium however, so I hope you will support me in my endeavour to discover it during play as quickly as possible.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was envisioning power armor used with it, so that could work.

We get power armor that has Artifical muscle/power then I will vote for the hammer. Honestly I would. The only real armor I was thinking is either.

1: Jumper Armor: Thick metallic armor with coating of Caelium, not true flight yet ( got ideas though, like a Caelium back generator gravity thing. Making gravity repulsive waves each toggle, so republics during air makes false flight.)

2: Repulsor Plate: The effects of Caelium is not true zero g fields but a field of energy repealing gravity. As long current is on and in strategic chest plate to protect vitals. It repulses smaller air borne things. Say, bullets.

The Anti Gravity back Pack/pulse back is the basis of the flying machine idea I have.

“ The Propellerless Plane.”

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still trying to figure out how to do a plane that doesn't need lift. So far, thinking a plane with very short wings and large manuevering parts in addition to a propulsion state.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59