FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78716 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Neat. In case it makes anyone switch over to the side of Caelium, here's a list of some uses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Can we get a tiebreaker on the accessory? I know it's not technically a tie, but 1-vote majority isn't great.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Obligatory Promethium plug:

-Very, very high explosive grenades, artillery and bombs
-Increased firearms range and stopping power
-Mechs
-Power armour
-Maneuverable heavy tanks
-Energy weapons
-Fuel efficient vehicles

I'm curious how you get electric rifles out of Caelium.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Electrified firing pin + Caelium bullet.

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless you need a whole bunch of electricity to make Caelium float ( in which case it is way too inefficient to use), enough electricity to hurt someone will make the bullet disappear into the sky.

I'm not convinced that you can find a happy medium that isn't a very narrow range bracket.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant like caseless, electrically fired munitions, not a shock weapon.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah a careless bullet that the hammer of gun shocks.

Not a lightning rifle but electro bullets for ancient style gaus/Coil.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Idea for a future Carlin Gun.

The Silver Bullet: Due to Carlin’s appearance, the name says it all. The barrel is a carbon conductor, with rubber to block the charge from frying the gun user. The chamber is akin to a electrified battery chamber that when trigger is pulled, the current hits the bullet tonpropel it at physics defying speed. Needless to say as Carlin with charge is anti gravity. It can go greater distances as well before charge is gone and it falls due to gravity.

Said gun could be patterned after our current model for same rate of fire or simply keep design to make one hell of a sniping rifle.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still not sure how that's supposed to work, as antigrav will just make the bullet go up. You still a horizontal force.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnets, like your normal sort of railgun. The mass of the bullet and the Caelium would cancel out, making the bullet levitate.

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds very complicated and energy heavy. Promethium would help there :p

Why not just pump a bust of electricity into it at the same moment the propellant is ignited? Or even use a piezo electric crystal and use the pressure from the explosion itself to power the Caelium?

I'm not against Caelium mind, I like all the things you say it can do, I just think Promethium is better.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. The material itself does everything so very little energy used and it does so many benefits. As it’s a metal with a charge to make things go.

Anti Gravity bullet would not float up, due to force applied would still fly, like a vullet. But better. ( because despite anti physics with gravity, kinetics still apply and when Force is pushed goes on said direction.)

Protheium, which is from 40k is awesome as a power source. But we are saying we do not need a fancy power source but a metal that breaks physics.

Besides if something goes wrong with The Source, boom.

Fantasy fuel?? Stuff would float off a tad more. Which is safer.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:58:01 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, this may just be me, but I feel like "Energy-Dense Fuel Source" as a thing in Arms Race games has just been done before. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, in fact it's a really good idea, but people have done this before. Superheavy airships have not been done before, at least to my knowledge, and it's a good idea too. I just want to let that idea have to opportunity to make a more unique and interesting game here.

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We had heavy airships in Wands Race. I don't remember an energy-dense material though.

My main concern is that if Caelium can do everything you propose, as well as you propose, it will be really expensive. Otherwise it'll be unbalanced. Unless whatever the other thread proposes is super unbalanced as well anyway.

Anyway, what you propose outright breaks physics, where as Promethium could actually exist in some form. I feel like that means there's less risk of it having some sort of crippling downside.

And if something goes wrong with the power source for your Caelium, that'll go crashing to the ground as well.

I guess I'm just hung up on the unlimited power offered by Promethium versus the risk of an energy sink in Caelium.

Well that came out as a stream of consciousness there, but I hope it makes sense.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wands race did it. The side who did it won. Gigantic tanks floating by magic carpets. It was awesome. And this place tries way too hard to be real when setting says it’s soft. Kinda defeats the purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59