FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78808 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor nitpick but that wouldn't allow flamethrowers to fire for any longer. But it would mean the fuel the flamethrowers are spraying would stay burning for a real long time.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Abberan Royal Kinetic Sheep:
These sheep have existed for as long as Abbera as a colony has existed, And are the result of a mutation that occured soon after a crossbreeding experiment of two types of sheep with a type of goat that made its home on the island.
The fur of these Sheep has a very special property indeed, and due to the cost of feed for these little monsters, the wool was only made available to the royal family as protection from assasination attempts. Recently Crossbreeding with another type fo newly discovered goat from the main land, and a change in the feed for these creatures has resulted in a population explosion with lessened strengh in the desired wool.
this wool is so special and coveted because of its strange ability to absorbe and disperse kinetic energy, Capable of protecting a man from the kinetic forces invoved with being hit by a sledge hammer if they were wearing it.
Its miraclous ability to absorb and somehow disperse kinetic energy is very impressive, and when combined with protection from any form of edges that might be capable of cutting the wool itself, can protect its wearer to a staggering degree.
There have been reports of a memeber of the royal family, clad in a full body suit of this wool, surving and walkinng away from being struck by a train going a full speed.
Such an ability to absorbe impact forces and Recoil cannot be underestimated, despite its Animalistic origins.

Fuck it, Im tired. Super sheep with Vibranuim fur. A little silly but on the upside, Thier is no possible way for Salvios scum to come up with something similar to it.
Plus the ability to negate (or heavily lessen) Kintic impact would be very useful.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I love the sheep idea.

Minor nitpick but that wouldn't allow flamethrowers to fire for any longer. But it would mean the fuel the flamethrowers are spraying would stay burning for a real long time.
Well, it would basically edit the firing chamber so it ignites and then fires a pressurized flame. It's a lot easier for the flamethrower to turn into a white phosphorus thrower, in this case.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As silly As Super sheep is, I'll throw out somethings that can be done with it.

Combined with paladin armour it makes it really really hard to kill the pilot with heavy munition and explosives, becuase of its ability to protect from kinetic energy. Slip it into the undersuit and the pilot is pretty safe as long as the paladin armor plating survives.

Put it underneath Armour plating, Generally almost any kind, to help protect the internals from heavy impacts, even if the wool doesn't negate kinetic impact (due to balance) it helps to really take a lot of bite out of kinetic weaponry.

Combined with caelium, our infantry can now wield guns of absurd sizes. The cealium ensures that weight is not a problem, and a layer of Kinetic wool in the stock or such, helps mitigate that recoil and is no longer as much of an issue to said infantryman, So we can literally have them hauling around and firing cannons from foot(with mind to the barrel crawling up). Also pair with paladin armour so they can bring heavier armour to bear and More protective shielding.

It fits in well with something I really want to be a primary theme, Superheavy armour and impossibile strong defense.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which would aid my REDS gun designs. Color me interested.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hey votes for the strategy phase are officially locked.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nortian Dust
The speed that time moves at is local and relative rather than universal as we had believed and Nortian dust is proof. In its natural form, it's a fine grey powder but when subjected to pressure an area around it experiences time at a faster rate. The time speed increase seems to be proportional to the force being exerted on the dust. Nortian Dust cannot maintain this effect indefinitely, the longer the dust is subjected to pressure the more of it is converted into a marbled grey rock with dark purple veins. Once the rock is released from being compressed it will slowly turn back to dust and the area around it will experience slower time advancement as it does so.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I didn't realise we were playing against Fallacy. New plan:
1. Make catgirls.
2. Make Fallacy jealous
3. ??
4. PROFIT

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My DNA catalyst (straight from the snail) from earlier in the thread can do that.

I will be voting for either the DNA catalyst, Teleporting Lemur kidney stones or kinetic sheep fur for the resource design. At least those are the ones I lie right now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't realise we were playing against Fallacy. New plan:
1. Make catgirls.
2. Make Fallacy jealous
3. ??
4. PROFIT
Foolproof.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

The sheep idea is hilarious. I really like all of the ideas, but Super Sheep is great. My current favorites are Fendite, Muck, and the ARKS.

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the GM: Resource has until the end of the coming design phase, but if you decide on a resource, nothings stopping you from utilizing it in the same phase.

So, if we decide on our resource now, we can start designing with it.

In argument of Muck:

A lot of metal refining techniques use chemical reactions. By adding Muck to these, we can literally create mass. The trick lies on weaponizing it, whether it's a long-burning flame or an airship engine that doesn't burn any fuel, instead simply engaging with the propellors.

Kinetic Sheep: (1) Doomblade
Muck: (1) Doomblade
Fendite
Teleporting Lemurs
Psychic Citizens
DNA Catalyst
Orichalcum-like thing
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:21:34 am by Doomblade187 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinetic Sheep: (2) Doomblade, Frostgiant
Muck: (1) Doomblade
Fendite
Teleporting Lemurs
Psychic Citizens
DNA Catalyst
Orichalcum-like thing

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinetic Sheep: (2) Doomblade, Frostgiant
Muck: (2) Doomblade, Tyrant Leviathan
Fendite (1) Tyrant Leviathan
Teleporting Lemurs
Psychic Citizens
DNA Catalyst
Orichalcum-like thing
Nortian Dust: (1) Jerick

Either a bonus fuel or force fields for me. ( given up on my ideas. Like literally.)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59