FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78797 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tyrant Leviathan link=topic=171506.msg7822291#msg7822291 date=Orichaclum: (1) Tyrant Leviathan

[/quote

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Come on guys, literal free energy and thermal fuckery. Zero entropy has so much potential. :D
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't want too many resources though. The fewer resources we have the more we can pump up the quantity and the more we can rely on them when making big designs.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But my stuff will make our Caelium results better as it is a metal, with a pre set metal charge that can be tampered with.

And if that’s not the case thinking of switching to Red 001. Which is a energy pistol that acts as a pistol flame thrower deal.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

I like Glum and Orichalcum, but Orichalcum really needs a different name. Direct copying is something that I do not like. Promethium is good too, but we could be more creative.

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I think Promethium is locked in now, under whatever name Salvios has for their energy resource. It was mentioned as such in the core thread.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Azure Plate then? Prontheium is from 40k. The stuff I posted is public domain.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I dislike promethium as well. The name, at least.

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not like we're making real cash money from using the word Promethium. They don't have squat on us. Besides, I don't think they'd give a carp about a dinky forum game in a random corner of the web.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For now the two resources the teams have designed are Caelium and Gavrilium. Due to the nature of last phase's events I may do something to change that, but we'll see. Got to get these revisions done first.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 1911 AC (After Colonization) Hot Season, Revision Phase

Proposal: Promethium
Quote from: Promethium
In its raw form, this hard crystalline mineral is quite stable. Percussive force will shatter the crystals, causing small discharges of stored energy to launch the fragments several meters. Heavy fabrics and care are recommended during extraction.

Promethium crystals somehow absorb geothermal energy over time, and through a careful refinement process we can access this. The energy efficiency compared to Oil is an enormous 20,000,000 kWh per kg, compared to 12 kWh per kg of Oil. The only thing that exceeds it is certain radioactive elements, but the inherent danger of using such materials is not worth it.

Promethium, unfortunately, is an element that has already been discovered by Salviosi scientists. In it's natural state "Gavrilium" can be burned much like coal, but to greater effect. Rumor has it that Promethium/Gavrilium has limitless potential as an energy source, but experimentation is required.

----------------

Proposal: Draco Weight Reduction Plus
Draco Weight Reduction Plus Edition:

Draco Weight Reduction
By going through the design with a fine-tooth comb, we will be able to replace parts with lighter alternatives, thin down excessively large sections and generally reduce the weight of the shotgun without compromising the durability of the weapon.

In addition, the mechanism for the shotgun will be modified to work better with the larger 12-gauge shells, resolving the consistent jamming issue.

Difficulty: Easy
Result: 9 (6+2+1) = Above Average

Generally it seems the issues we had with the Draco have been dealt with. We've cut the weight down to 4kg, and jamming is much less of an issue, though it does still happen on occasion. While the weight reduction means there's less mass behind the swing of the buttspike, the Draco can be handled easier both in melee and in a firefight, leading to an overall increase in effectiveness. The Draco costs 2 Wood and 2 Ore to reflect the changes we've made, making it (CHEAP). As such, we can field soldiers with the Draco as often as we can the Modea.

----------------

Proposal: Paladin Armor Durability
Paladin Armour Durability
The fragile nature of the armour cabling is a significant liability. An unlucky shot could easily slow down the wearer enough to turn a near miss into a crippling blow. By reinforcing the internal cabling and their attachment points, we should be able to ensure plates do not randomly regain their true weight.

Difficulty: Hard
Result: 9 (5+5-1) = Above Average

By adding additional clamps to the armor plating and hardpoints to the exoskeletal frame, as well as properly securing the cabling powering the armor, we have greatly reduced the chances of a round hitting the armor knocking it out of place and causing a loss of power. While the "Paladin" armor is still a (NATIONAL EFFORT), it is now very reliable, and we shouldn't be too worried about losing this armor to bad luck.

----------------

While the late "discovery" of Gavrilium and word of the Salviosi discovering their own source of Caelium has caused rioting in the streets, we've managed to quell rebellion in the capital by dedicating a Resource Design Credit to the war effort. As such, you have until the end of next Design Phase to discover a new resource to exploit.

As ARES gains support from both civilian and military assets, the Governor of Abbera has seen fit to grant the division control over a large portion of strategic planning for the duration of the conflict. It is now the Strategy Phase. In most Strategy Phases you will be asked to vote on which two sectors to attack in and which sector to fortify, as well as deciding on a resource to develop on an open resource node.

Until first contact with Salvios you will not be tasked with selecting sectors to attack. For now, vote on one resource to assign to a sector (Coniferous Forest being the only sector to place it in this turn) as well as one sector to fortify (Coniferous Forest is still the only option, but you could decide not to fortify for some reason). Note that any resources assigned during a Strategy Phase will adjust equipment prices for that turn's Combat Phase even though the Strategy Phase's summary is lumped in with the Combat Report.

Abberan forces move on potential Endicarian holdouts in the Wooded Mountains and Woodlands. Once we've secured the areas you'll be notified of the results.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Add chemical compounds to coniferous forest: (1) Doomblade
Fortify coniferous forest: (1) Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Voute Quote
Add chemical compounds to coniferous forest: (1) Doomblade
Add Ore to Coniferous Forest: (1) Kashyyk
Fortify coniferous forest: (2) Doomblade, Kashyyk

Edit: Alternatively, if we get two of Ore ore Caelium we'll have enough to drop Paladin Armour to Very Expensive.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:17:01 am by Kashyyk »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add chemical compounds to coniferous forest: (2) Doomblade, Jerick
Add Ore to Coniferous Forest: (1) Kashyyk
Fortify coniferous forest: (3) Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jerick (Is there any reason at all not to do this?)
I agree in principle that we want to get large incomes of ore and caelium going but chemical componunds is something I feel will come up again and again. Also if we get it this turn our very nasty wickerman grenades lose their complex tag this turn.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add chemical compounds to coniferous forest: (2) Doomblade, Jerick
Add Ore to Coniferous Forest: (2) Kashyyk, Frostgiant
Fortify coniferous forest: (4) Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jerick, Frostgiant (Is there any reason at all not to do this?)

Very expensive paladin armour is my priority. non-complex Wickerman would be nice, but I think non-national effort paladin armor is more important.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59