FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78745 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

That went pretty well. The Draco can be fixed up easily enough, the Gorgon is reasonable, and woohoo special resources!
I've also got a bit of a checklist I'd like to get done.
-Caelium Armor
-Heavy & Light Machine Guns
-Semi-Automatic Pistol
-Airship
-Patrol Boat
-Infantry Truck

Avanti!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One revision we can do is a general incendiary round revision, making incendiary ammo for our shotgun, artillery and maybe some form of an incendiary rifle round(mini HEI?).

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. The Gorgon has good range and is reliable which is what you want in your arty. To further improve matters we have rifle grenade tech for free and cheap incendiaries as soon as we build a chem factory. There's not much new to say in terms of strategy though, as not much has changed. One thing that do need to talk about though is the new opportunities opened up by having a chemical resource. We can legitimately look into gas and poison weapons and perhaps expanding our arsenal of incendiary weapons. Napalm flame throwers anyone?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:59:12 pm by Jerick »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. The Gorgon has good range and is reliable which is what you want in your arty. To further improve matters we have rifle grenade tech for free and cheap incendiaries as soon as we build a chem factory. There's not much new to say in terms of strategy though, as not much has changed. One thing that do need to talk about though is the new opportunities opened up by having a chemical resource. We can legitimately look into gas and poison weapons and perhaps expanding our arsenal of incendiary weapons. Flame throwers anyone?

Small problem with flamethrowers is that the fuel tanks are vulnerable, so it may need to wait a little bit (after the paladin armor so we can incorporate the tanks underneath the armor) or mount them on airships so that the airships can literally rain fire down on the enemy.

Depending on what gets us Design credits next turn I want to do the paladin armour, in my mind its a staple going forward (along with Airship) so I want to work on it as soon as possible. Additionally, it allows us to test early to see if powdered caelium plate will have any issues.

This was a good turn for us, no denying that.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally think we should get some kind of cheap recon aircraft next. It'll be very useful when paired with our cannons and will provide some experience rather than jumping right into making full scale airships.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

I mean, the Airship I designed sort of is meant as a cheap recon craft, and to flex our muscles with airship design in mind.

Avanti!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, the Airship I designed sort of is meant as a cheap recon craft, and to flex our muscles with airship design in mind.
It's a three decked airship, it's not going any where near cheap as far as I can see (there's going to be an awful lot of raw materials involved in building that) and forward recon calls for something fast, nimble and expendable. If you want it for recon; it's a lot bigger than it needs to be which will hamper performance due to drag and wind resistance even if caelium makes it's mass a non issue and makes it a big target. Besides I'd like to test the waters with how caelium operates in regard to the air before pulling the trigger on big airships. Hopefully that way we can deck out our first airship in cannons and make it the flying fire-support platform it was meant to be before the enemy start developing counters for them.

So my suggestion is to ignore airships until our resource income grows a quite a bit but then go hard in on big flying fortresses and hovering supertanks once we have the ore and caelium to support them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:00:15 pm by Jerick »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I personally think we should start with a battery operated shield, with a simple off/on switch and maybe 20mm plate?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Jotun Shield:

A thick Shield, Tower in design that has wire system with a advanced battery, when battery is on, the Caelium makes shield light for motion while retaining hardness, it also comes with a spring operated concealed blade for melee weapon (aside smacking people.)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rampart Personal shield
A massive tower shield that is made from caelium plate and is 2 cm’s thick, and is a little taller than a soldier in paladin armor, weighing little more than a similarly sized piece of wood.
The shield is built in a armored “V” shape, deflecting energy off and to the side, ensuring that the shield is near invulnerable to all but the deadliest weapons of personal weaponry.
The Shield has its own personal Battery, the same size and mounting as the paladins battery, ensuring cross compatibility for ease of logistics.
The shield comes in two configurations.

The first allows the shield to attach to the paladin armour through the use of a strong metal band and handle, sized to fit the upper arm of a paladin. This shield protects the paladin, making a hard target even tougher to even hurt.

The second is a pair of smaller handles, sized for an infantry man out of paladin armor, acting as mobile cover and protection for the average infantry man.

At the press of a spring-loaded button, a pair of spikes will extend from the bottom, and the wielder can cut power from the battery. This allows the weight of the Shield to come back at full force. Driving the spikes into the ground and giving the shield mass to not be knocked back by strong kinetic forces, or these spikes can also be used to attack an enemy soldier is close combat with the caelium activated.

I would rather do the shield after the caeluim armour. but heres something I made for after the paladin is made. I already had this ready.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 1911 AC (After Colonization) Cold Season, Combat Phase

Fighting in the Coniferous Forest

Winters in the Coniferous Forest have always been harsh. Wind rips through the trees and storms drop absolutely massive amounts of snow. Trees and branches often fall on one another, dumping the large amounts of snow they'd caught on the ground below. In a thaw between a few blizzards an Abberan detachment discovered a makeshift fort erected deep in the forest by the Endicarian Remnant, with scouts and patrols covering a wide area. The Abberan advance on the fort was halted by a defensive line of Endicarian soldiers using trees as cover. Their simpler rifles were more accurate at range, but the sheer volume of fire coming from the Abberan infantry was extremely effective in suppression. Even when someone's Modea would fail, the brief time they were out of action didn't severely impact the effectiveness of the offensive.

As the Endicarians were pushed back Gorgons were used to keep them from recovering and holding again until they were in a full retreat back to the fort. The open ground around the fort would have been a problem were it not for the Wickerman Grenade. The smokescreens could be deployed at various distances thanks to the cup launcher, which allowed our soldiers to get close enough to being firing Wickermen over the walls. With up to three available per man, there was a lot of screaming coming from within the fort walls.

But hey, at least they were warm.

When they went in to clear out the fort some pointmen with Dracos were tasked with breaching and clearing the few buildings the Endicarians had constructed. While for the most part the fighting indoors reverted to using Modeas, the Draco was devastating when it worked and when used as a warpick, able to break through door and skull alike.

The fort was secured and the operation considered a success.

---------------

We've successfully cleared Endicarian Remnant from the Coniferous Forest, and now have to secure the rest of the territory around the Abberan capital - the Woodlands and Wooded Mountains. We were going to request you create a large and a small support weapon, but you had the foresight to create the Gorgon. As a result you can make any single design with a Research Credit this phase. You are still tasked with designing a smaller support weapon as a second design, like a mortar or machine gun, and doing so will result in acquiring a Design Credit to be used in the next phase.

There are rumors from Salvios. Some automobiles in the city have been seen emitting a blue glow. There are also mutterings that they've embraced their homeland, whatever that means. Some of our scientists have also reported hearing of experiments with a new material discovered in Salviosi mines. Things are heating up, and your continued assistance is appreciated.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, we did the gorgon ahead of time so we get a free design to work with.
Paladin will be my choice for that.

Do we want an incendiary mortar or a machinegun for the second one?

A salvios went with some form of electricity thing? or maybe a laser thing.

Revision phase we will have 1 design and 1 revision to play with.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to do an equipment lifting module. A generic strap on battery and box module that can help lift up heavy pieces of equipment.

EDIT: I honestly think we should do the mobile shield before the paladin. Make it steel with a lift unit, we can use the extra design for generators.

Also revise the Draco probably.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:38:58 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to do paladin before mobile shield, and why would you want a generator? any form of generator worth its salt will be two big and clunky to carry on the armour and the shield, generators would have to be for vehicles. The smaller form so tech will have to be battery packs, and that not so hard considering candidates for that role has been invented already in this time period.

EDIT: we have 5 (now 4) turn before we hit the other team. Ok, as long as we do armor before the last phase (so we have time to iron out any bugs) then I'm good. I mean I'm still voting for the paladin this turn buut I won't feel to put out if it loses.

I'm going to push for a machinegun over a mortar. Mortars are great and all but machineguns literally reshaped warfare almost by themselves.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:52:19 pm by frostgiant »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to note that I am strongly opposed to using pure Caelium as an armor. I feel that it should be designated as a critical component unless it actually has the material properties to back it up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 59