Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100187 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1916 A.C. Hot Season (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #1185 on: March 02, 2019, 03:23:39 am »

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits+Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abberan Armory (click to show/hide)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1916 A.C. Hot Season (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #1186 on: March 02, 2019, 03:23:59 am »

Year 1916 A.C. Hot Season, Revision Phase

Proposal: Portable Gatling Guns - GGG-12P/LGG-12P
Portable Gatling Guns:
Frontline reports complain about a lack of gun. We need more gun.
In terms of weight, there is no reason an Avalanche trooper couldn't wield even a GGG-12- and that's before we replace any parts with Caelium Steel (which we will be doing, just to make things even easier). All that needs to be changed is the addition of two handles on top with trigger and fire-rate-adjuster, replace the belt feed with a large-capacity drum magazine, and bam, you got yourself a weapon that costs $400,000 to fire for twelve seconds can be used on the move to mow down anything with less armour than a tank in mere moments. These variants will be named the GGG-12P and LGG-12P. Bipods will still be provided for the 12P variants, allowing for more accurate fire when mobility is not a priority. An Avalanche trooper wielding one should carry at least one spare drum with them.
In fact, particularly burly soldiers not wearing an Avalanche may even be able to wield the LGG-12P... though they would be doing so at their own risk.
[/quote]

Difficulty: Very Easy
Result: 9 (6+1+2) = Above Average

We've taken the years of experience we have with our heavy automatic weapons and applied it to provide more firepower for our troops, namely by providing our Power Armor with access to some of our more potent weaponry. By replacing most components with the lighter Caelium Steel and adding two handles - one on top for holding, the other on the back with the trigger - we were able to grant the GGG-12 and LGG-12 greater portability. Most notably, our work with the GGG-12 and it's GavPowder-load ammunition has led to a reformulation of the chemical recipe that should translate well into our larger munitions in regards to fixing the reliability issue.

The GGG-12P and LGG-12P exchange all but 2 Ore for Caelium, making the GGG-12P cost 2 Ore, 3 Caelium, and 4 Gavrillium while the LGG-12P clocks in at 2 Ore, 2 Caelium, and 2 Gavrillium, keeping both variants (CHEAP), though their use on the move is restricted to Power Armor. Bipods allow the weapon to be set up and utilized by anyone.

Proposal: Salviosi Jacks and Other Defensive Measures
Salviosi Jacks and other defensive measures:
These simple anti vehicle traps are composed of three 2.1 meter long metal I beams bolted together forming a shape akin to that of a jack. Virtually impervious to explosives, and capable of denying enemy hover transports from unloading troops, preventing them from moving through an area at all by threatening to maul their undersides. These simple devices should prevent the enemy from employing motorized elements in urban environments or anywhere we have had a chance to set them up. Beyond that, the mass produced I beams could be used to shore up field fortifications, and the time we will have left over after making the jacks can be put towards creating another defensive measure, incendiary mines based off of our M2 dispersion mines, to be placed FAAARRR away from our troops and anything we value.

Difficulty: Easy
Result: 11 (6+4+1) = Superior

We made the Salviosi Jacks, which were a huge point of contention among our engineers for whatever reason. They're of fairly solid construction yet cheap and easy to make, being some simple I-beans slapped together, as well as easy deploy thanks to our Mountain Suits. In the scribbles at the bottom of the paperwork the development team was handed was where the true gold wound up coming from.

An upgrade on the discount very basic and often unreliable landmines readily available, the Gavrillium Mine [GM NOTE: YOU MAY VOTE FOR A NEW NAME DURING THE STRATEGY PHASE] uses the qualities of the M2 Grenade to greatly increase effectiveness and lethality. A charge on the top of the mine works to both clear covering soil/debris as well as trigger the Gav-U. The burst of molten material and withering heat is directed upwards thanks to a thick curved bottom plate, while the top is very, very thin metal. The mine can be triggered by pressure, and we also put a lot of effort in developing a magnetic trigger that could activate if an enemy vehicle hovers low enough or drives over it.

These simple pieces of Defensive Equipment are readily deployed in any Controlled Territory with Entrenchment 1 or Greater. The mines may also be used on the offensive by replacing the Avalanche Combat Engineering Kit's explosives with 4 Mines.

----------------

All around good progress was made this season. Now it's time to decide how to engage the enemy. You may choose Two(2) Lanes to attack without any benefit or drawback to the fronts. You can go all-in on one front but know the other two would suffer from the diverting of manpower and resources. As always you are also to assign one sector to fortify as well as allocating a resource. This season you will not be choosing where to deploy the Tectonic. However from next season onward it will be your responsibility.

IT IS NOW THE STRATEGY PHASE.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votebox
Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (1) NUKE9.13

Fortify:
South Peaks: (1) NUKE9.13

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (1) NUKE9.13

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordinance: (1) NUKE9.13
Resource-wise, Caelium makes the most sense, bringing the Apibaru down to Expensive, and the Collision closer to Cheap (all our other stuff is Cheap). As for why I'm suggesting we put it in the Rolling Hills rather than the Desert- I think we should save our last 'back-line' slot for a potential new resource, so that we will always have at least one unit of it available (unless we lose back-line territory, but then we've already lost), to prevent designs using it from becoming Complex. It's unlikely that this will come up in a situation where we can still win, but I think it's worth it for that 0.1% case.
I think they are likely to either focus solely on the Savannah, or attack the Savannah and the South Peaks. We can't fortify the Savannah anyway, so fortifying the South Peaks is the best option, I think.
With our uniform design flopping and our revisions mostly defensive, there's no way we'll be able to advance anywhere, so we might as well just hold the line.
Nobody likes stepping on LEGO.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:35:03 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

It's sound logic I agree with.

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Fortify:
South Peaks: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordinance (LEGO): (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater

Fortify:
South Peaks: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordinance (LEGO): (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus

Fortify:
South Peaks: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus

Deployment:
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack): (1) Taricus

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordinance (LEGO): (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus

Fortify:
South Peaks: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus

Deployment:
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack): (1) Taricus

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordnance (LEGO): (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus
Fixed misspelling of Ordnance.
Long Live United Forenia!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (5) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR

Fortify:
South Peaks: (5) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, DGR
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack): (1) Taricus,

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordnance (LEGO): (5) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:37:29 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman

Fortify:
South Peaks: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, DGR
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack) and deploy the Tectonic there: (2) Taricus, Madman

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordnance (LEGO): (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman

Let's get our technically-offensive NE on the line so we have a chance at taking back our territory with cheaper Apibarus and the Tectonic.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman

Fortify:
South Peaks: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater,
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack)and deploy the Tectonic there: (3) Taricus, Madman, DGR

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Land-Explosive, Gavrillium Ordnance (LEGO): (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman
My Power armor arms race

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (7) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman, Twinwolf

Fortify:
South Peaks: (7) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman, Twinwolf

Deployment:
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack)and deploy the Tectonic there: (4) Taricus, Madman, DGR, Twinwolf

Gavrillium Mine Name:
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Resource:
Caelium in the Rolling Hills: (7) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman, Twinwolf

Fortify:
South Peaks: (7) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater, Taricus, DGR, Madman, Twinwolf

Deployment:
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack)and deploy the Tectonic there: (5) Taricus, Madman, DGR, Twinwolf, Powder Miner
Reinforce the Peaks with our other action: (1) Powder Miner

Gavrillium Mine Name:

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:

Fortify:

Deployment:
Attack the Savannah only (One Attack)and deploy the Tectonic there: (5) Taricus, Madman, DGR, Twinwolf, Powder Miner
Reinforce the Peaks with our other action: (2) Powder Miner, Madman

Gavrillium Mine Name:
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource:

Fortify:

Deployment:
Reinforce the Peaks with our other action: (3) Powder Miner, Madman, DGR

Gavrillium Mine Name:
My Power armor arms race

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Switching vote mostly to remove vote weirdness so MoP can proceed (if he wishes) with no regrets.

Resource:

Fortify:

Deployment:
Hold the Line (no attacks): (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater,
Reinforce the Peaks with our other action: (4) Powder Miner, Madman, DGR, Jilladilla

Gavrillium Mine Name:

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 88