Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100254 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1914 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #930 on: December 27, 2018, 02:43:08 pm »

I think we have enough for a votebox.

Quote from: Votebox
"Brute" Enhanced Impact Weapon
    (0): With Research Credit
    (0): No Research Credit
Charybdis Tactical Aircraft:
    (1): With Research Credit: Twinwolf
Gravity Propelled Charge
ADD-14 "Pembebas" Aerial Destroyer
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:44:41 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1914 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #931 on: December 27, 2018, 05:00:23 pm »

(2): With Research Credit: Twinwolf, Taricus
Gravity Propelled Charge
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 27, 2018, 05:38:49 pm »

Gravity Propelled Charge
    (1): With Research Credit: NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 28, 2018, 03:15:49 pm »

(1): No Research Credit: Madman
Gravity Propelled Charge

I think we should do the melee weapon now, and then just make a Perahudara gunship variant in the revision. If all we do is make a pretty nice mounting for the 105mm, it becomes an elevated artillery support platform that we can use from now to the end of the war, as well as a hammer that we can use likewise, and hopefully miniaturized/vastly-smaller gravity boosters of a sort. This should allow us to make a videogame-like "dash" system for our power armored-soldiers.

Also, doing just that one thing in the revision makes it incredibly likely that the revision will succeed, and we might very well get an 8+, thus getting us some other useful benefit...possibly like the speed upgrade that the Perahudara really needs.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 28, 2018, 05:11:03 pm »

Gravity Propelled Charge
    (2): With Research Credit: NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

While I do agree that the saucer shape is good for niche craft, I don't see it scaling well. I've already made my case in discord so I won't repeat myself. (sorry non-discord people; I'll say them here if you want?) While I would like to fit a few of our 40mm LFGs to the thing, I'll have to go for the Pembebas for now.

Still on the fence even if I am leaning one way, as light-skirmisher (which is what I see the Charybdis as; it's small, fast, maneuverable, and lightly armed) is a niche that the saucer can fulfill quite nicely.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 28, 2018, 05:57:17 pm »

Gravity Propelled Charge
    (1): No Research Credit: Rockeater
    (2): With Research Credit: NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 28, 2018, 11:53:10 pm »

"Impact" Avalanche Booster System
The Avalanche is a very fine piece of technology, but it can be better. The Impact system aims to improve the Avalanches by adding very small Gravity Engines around its center of mass. These, combined with a small bank of capacitors sufficient for a single use before a recharge, allow the user to give themselves a hard push or boost, capable of throwing them and their entire armored lifting suit a few meters in the desired direction---up, forwards or backwards, left or right.

The capacitors themselves are charged directly by the Avalanche's engine system, and protected by being nestled under the armor.

This enhances mobility substantially, and also allows fun things like smashing straight through a wall, getting the heck out of the way of a tank or strafing run, or just physically smashing their way into the enemy.

I don't know that this is complete and I don't like the name, but it's basically midnight so I'll finish this tomorrow.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 29, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »

Right, to break the deadlock, I'm swapping. Still on the fence, though.

ASC-14 Charybdis Tactical Aircraft:
    (3): With Research Credit: Twinwolf, Taricus, Jilladilla
Gravity Propelled Charge
    (1): No Research Credit: Rockeater
[/quote]

Glory to United Forenia!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 30, 2018, 07:44:22 pm »

Votes locked, going for Ayyy Disc with Credit.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1914 A.C. Cold Season (Revision Phase)
« Reply #939 on: December 30, 2018, 09:37:03 pm »

Year 1914 A.C. Cold Season, Design Phase

Proposal: ASC-14 "Charybdis" Tactical Aircraft
ASC-14 Charybdis Tactical Aircraft
Rather inspired by foreign media featuring invaders from outer space, the Charybdis is reminiscent of the craft said aliens travel to earth in. A circular craft with a gravengine mounted in the centre of the craft for lift, mounted on a ring and able to 'flex' back and forth on it's mount and controlled via myomer ropes, and a second gravengine also mounted in a ring (To enable it to shift direction) and attached to several myomer cords to enable the pilot to easily change direction, these engines are powerful to afford the Charybdis an unmatched amount of manoeuvrability and speed in the air compared to anything currently fieldable by either side.

The primary weapon mounted on the Charybdis is the Scylla, mounted in a turret which overlooks the rest of the craft and houses the gun's crew and the craft's commander. The gun's potency is magnified by the agility of the craft, enabling it to strike from any more angles than what is thought feasible. A second, smaller turret is hosed in the craft's underside, directly opposite of the scylla in the top turret. Mounting our 40mm cannon in lieu of a larger cannon, and in a semi-spherical turret with a good depression to better allow it to target ground forces in strafing runs

Armoured enough on the upper and lower parts of the hull (The craft itself having no real definable front or rear) to resist the enemy's halberd rifles, and built sturdy enough that it won't crumple on the ground barring a high-speed crash, and equipped with our Ceramah radios to co-ordinate the crew and communicate between aircraft whilst in the air., making the Charybdis a relentless and tough foe for our enemies to being down. In addition, a set of six retractable landing struts to enable the craft to land without crushing the bottom turret are installed, able to brace the weight of the entire craft fairly comfortably.

Difficulty: Ludicrous
Result: 4 (6+2-4) 3 (6+1-4)

Some have said that Salvios cannot into vehicles. The Charybdis proves them...well, it flies, so they're not totally right. While we were able to design the vehicle as-planned, a number of issues have cropped up. 

First, and most apparent in the repair bays, is the weakness of the landing struts. Any horizontal movement while coming down is likely to snap them like twigs. While this issue doesn't affect in-flight combat capabilities, it does mean that the craft are down for longer repair windows, as not only do legs need to be fixed but oftentimes the bottom turret requires repairs as well. The myomers used to control the GravEngines [also fuck you guys for GavEngines and GravEngines] also, for lack of a better term, cramp up and "stall" the craft in the direction it was heading, requiring a jostling of the controls to undo and bring the machine back under full control. The Charybdis can get up to 90km/h in any direction, but needs to be significantly slowed when changing direction in order to protect the crew from injury.

The Charybdis is protected by 80mm armor top and bottom, making it at the very least resistant to most of our enemy's current arsenal. The craft requires a crew of six(Captain/Pilot, 2 Gunners, 2 Loaders, 1 Radioman/Mechanic) and can loiter for hours on end thanks to the efficiency of Gavrillium.

The Charybdis costs 8 Ore, 4 Gavrillium, 4 Caelium, and 3 Myomer, making it a (NATIONAL EFFORT).

----------------

Well we've certainly seen worse. While we weren't sure if the Charybdis was going to fly (in all senses of the phrase), it's something that we can work with. You can continue refining the Charybdis (or anything else) this Revision Phase, but remember we can also Investigate the Signal! Plan carefully, the enemy has put up a better fight than expected. But not too much better!

IT IS NOW THE REVISION PHASE.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abberan Armory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:24:52 pm by Man of Paper »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ASC-14 "Charybdis" Tactical Aircraft Enhancement program (ASC-14a)
The Chaybdis is a resounding success in Salvios getting a vehicle that actually functions. Unfortunately it still has issues, the biggest of which is cost.

To ease out the logistics of feeling a fleet of these craft, the armour on the bottom of the craft is reduced to a mere 55mm, and the armour on the top side of the craft to 40mm, enabling us to use the metal needed elsewhere. Furthermore, to reduce the amount of myomer ropes needed, and improve craft function, the craft commander is no longer the pilot, and the pilot works in tandem with a co-pilot who manages the 'lifting' GravEngine, enabling the use of shorter ropes for the lifting engine. The myomer rope system for the thrust engine are reworked to eliminate the cramps that occur during flight.

Additionally, harnesses and ropes are provided (Along with the craft being fitted with the appropriate points to attach them to.), along with a new 'safety belt' on the seats of the craft to enable higher-speed manoeuvres to take place and ensure the crew gets through them unscathed. Finally, the landing struts are reinforced enough to tolerate some lateral movement on landing, thereby saving countless hours of work in the repair bays, allowing craft to be sent out more often.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AAP-14 Perahudara Airborne Artillery Platform
A Perahudara, with all weapons removed, with a Scylla 105mm cannon placed in the bow in a mount that allows it a very wide range of motion, in all directions. The Lifting Engine and propulsion schemes are reworked somewhat to provide greater speed and maneuverability. It will be nothing like Charybdis, but it could at least beat a fast cyclist's speed.

---A really simple alternative that gets us artillery firepower in the air with almost no difficulty. We don't even need to do the propulsion rework, the entire point is to put 105mm cannon into the air where they can shoot things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votebox for you lazy bastards
ASC-14 "Charybdis" Tactical Aircraft Enhancement program (ASC-14a) (1): Taricus
AAP-14 Perahudara Airborne Artillery Platform (2): Madman, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Right, anyone have a better name? I'm terrible at those. Yell at me if I made a derp anywhere in here.

Operation: False Flag
With the Charybdis requiring more work, the engineering team will quite frankly be too busy to investigate the mysterious signal and whatever secrets it may hold. Fortunately, we have other, more subtle, means of doing so. As with all conflicts, equipment tends to fall into the hands of the either side, and we have fortuitously came into the position of an Abberan "Faithful" truck, as well as a number of Abberan flags.

The Operation itself is a simple affair, we have the team load up in the truck, with the flags sticking out from where their machine gun would sit. It will be such an outrageous display of Abberan patriotism that surely no Abberan soldier would think a Salviosi capable of pulling this off. It's so outrageous in fact, that we decided to incorporate the Abberan fascination with 'BEEG' and stitched several of the flags together into one makeshift giant flag. After making sure their disguise is set, they will proceed to the site of the signal, ideally under cover of darkness so they do not notice the truck come from our lines.

With said disguise, Abberan interference in our operation should be minimal to non-existent; and our point forces in the area will be informed to not shoot the flag covered truck on sight.

Quote from: Votebox for you lazy bastards
ASC-14 "Charybdis" Tactical Aircraft Enhancement program (ASC-14a) (2): Taricus, Jilladilla
AAP-14 Perahudara Airborne Artillery Platform (2): Madman, Rockeater

Espionage Credit
Operation: False Flag (1): Jilladilla
Save the Credit
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:08:46 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 88