Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100321 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

On that particular note as well, I'd support the MArSA if it replaced the VE 3G-12 with the cheap LGG (Or two, if we're feeling ambitious.)
That's a good point, I changed the GGG to an LGG.

Alternate take on a car. This ought to be much better at fighting and maneuvering, at the cost of not being able to carry passengers.
I like the extra tires, that's a good idea so I included it in the MArSA, but a small increase in firepower at the cost of not being able to transport infantry at all is not a good trade in my opinion. As long as the car is cheap, reliable, and halfway decent off-road then regardless of its other features you get motorized infantry companies which is a massive game changer when it comes to the offensive. When we get an autocannon or similar then we could always revise the MArSA into a proper light armored attack vehicle to fill the role you're going for here, but if you're set on going for it now I think you should suggest a light tank rather than an armored scout car.

Quote from: votebox
Resource Credit:
Myomer (8): Rockeater, Chiefwaffles, Jilladilla, Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler
Natural Gasses (1): Yami

Infantry Support Vehicle
MArSA (1): Parsely

Non-Combat Support
SVR-1 (1): Parsely

The myomer lifting suit is very, very tempting, but radio is such a powerful tool.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:08:52 am by Parsely »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I am open to the MRSA but I might suggest giving it a name that does not make me think of infectious disease.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just for clarification:

Taricus had it right about the water jacket. There's only so much cooling a gun can get before it becomes excessive. The result for the LGG-12 does mention you guys worked on developing water jackets though so at least that shouldn't really impact future design difficulty.

Your army uses sleds to transport crap already, so even though they aren't listed equipment it'd only be a revision to alter them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I am open to the MRSA but I might suggest giving it a name that does not make me think of infectious disease.
Infectious diseases are awesome

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Infectious diseases are awesome
Well, if that was what you were going for, then sure, I can be down with that. I just wanted to make sure you were aware. :P

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, a major problem with the MARS rover, or whatever, is that it is super boring. It doesn't even use Caelium to lighten the load, unless I'm missing something.
Now, we know they're doing hovercraft, since that's what they designed Caelium to do. But we can still do better than just vanilla wheeled vehicles.

E: To be fair, that's also a problem with the SVR. Boring. At the very least mention the use of Gavrilium batteries making it more portable.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:34:49 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're Practical though Nuke. No sense in not being boring if it's just gonna make things more expensive.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can worship at the altar of practicality in sane(ish) ARs, Taricus. Like I've said before, we shouldn't abandon practicality, but we mustn't let it constrain us either.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we kinda need to know how to build something before we can go crazy with a concept. Walking before running and all that. And we also have to worry about costs too.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Well, we kinda need to know how to build something before we can go crazy with a concept. Walking before running and all that. And we also have to worry about costs too.
That's the thought I was having when I didn't suggest a floating vehicle out the gate :p

I agree, we should go practical first, and *then* cool, so we can have experience with the concepts. That way the latter doesn't have super high difficulty and it's more likely to be highly practical cool, which is just the best combination.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

I'd be up for utilizing the minor Caelium/Gravite (again, we do have to hand it to Abbera, they did beat us in naming there) weight mitigating thingy (yes I'm being utterly horrible at describing it. I am sleep deprived alright?) found in Baffler's Kerata. Like, utterly minimal, doing our damnedest to only make it cost 1 Gravite/Caelium.

Gain some performance boost, and it is an ok (if a bit conservative) first step. We can patch up the resource deficit later. We're going to want at least 1 of all the special resources we get anyways. Good thing we more or less eliminated Oil as a relevant resource yeah?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, and mind you I was gonna suggest making Caelium sleds for ammo and such in a revision, so wtih a wheeled vehicle here we can conceivably get a hovering one later once we know how to build vehicles and use Caelium. Same thing regarding the Mountain suit; it's helpful and a stepping stone to greater things.

Unless we're using a research credit on something, we should be somewhat practical about things.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yeah. Practical to get experience that leads to the awesome is my thought.

Also: I assume the Mountain suit is meant to be experience towards power armor? :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At a glance, yeah. Though it's also more experience towards using myomer in general as well.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would disagree, MoP: So long as your rate of heat output matches your cooling rate (or so long as it can be made to roughly match heating) and your barrels aren't melting before moving the heat elsewhere, you can continue ramping up the cooling and the fire rate (which is functionally the same, here, as the heating rate).

So with the Gavrillium propellant have we reached the cutoff/barrel-melting point for the system? I believed that the water would allow us to more effectively cool the entire barrel assembly, and thus reach higher rates of fire than those allowed by the simple heat-sinks setup we seem to have right now.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88