Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100295 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, myomers aren't gonna be replacing motors. What they can replace is stuff like hydraulics and pneumatics. And given the force they'd be able to affect on something, it'd be natural to assume they're pretty tough whilst still being flexible and somewhat light.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

What they can replace is stuff like hydraulics and pneumatics.
Those are types of motor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

And we can inject people with Myomers to make super-soldiers. Just a thought.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Myomers aren't liquids. We can't inject them. That, and it'd be easier to just give them a powered myomer suit to turn them into supersoldiers.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Ok. So this may be somewhat powered by Sleep Deprivation, but I had an idea inspired by the failure of the SMG-12:
We go all in on gatling guns. (Or rotary cannons, I guess. Same thing really.)

Also fueled by this mood, a request and a votebox!:
Change the name of the SMG-12 to SGG-12: (1) Jilladilla
Leave it as is:

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I intend to revise the SMG-12 into being... well, an actual SMG. So the name change isn't likely warranted for the time being.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

I intend to revise the SMG-12 into being... well, an actual SMG. So the name change isn't likely warranted for the time being.

But that's boring and not almost assuredly unique! Just need to make the current thing smaller and not suck. (also, remember that the thing was slapped with a Theoretical difficulty; I don't think revising it into 'an actual SMG' is going to be simple. Not for a little while, at least. Better action economy to just roll with it I believe.)

And this is mild sci-fi isn't it? Let's have some fun with it yeah? Mechs and airships and gatling guns everywhere!

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

I agree. I want to keep a WW1 tone with this instead of going immediately towards WW2, as well.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna say no to the gatling gun thing for small arms thank you. We do need to aim to actually hit things, and we can't do that with gatling small arms. Besides, getting a regular SMG and the like working means we can eventually get actual miniguns.

We aren't going to ever be able to keep the WW1 vibe going though, not least because there's going to be armoured vehicles running around making WW2 anyway. Times change and when they do, we need to adapt.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I don’t think it’s going to be world war 1 forever, no - I think it’ll be something else by the time we start even. That said, I think we need to make some intermediate steps before “small arms machine gun”. Revising something with theoretical difficulty won’t be easy barring event bonuses, and I’d rather our guys have functioning close range weaponry by the time we start. We have a headstart on automatics - let's take a step back and invent semi auto as a jumping off point later :p
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:32:30 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Yes, we do need to be able to aim in order to hit things, and the current mess of the SMG-12 makes that hard due to the crank being on top of the gun. We do have ways around this; from clever machining to the simple solution of 'stick a tiny engine in it'. The LGG-12 only needs 2 Gavrilium, so a smaller engine is likely to be well within the margin of being 'Cheap'; at least on that front.

Really, fixing that crank fixes the aiming issues; the sights won't be obstructed anymore, and the wielder can steady the thing with both hands.

And nothing really stops us from going towards rotary autocannons or miniguns in the future. We've already got their direct descendants in the GGG/LGG-12, those being driven by engines and not cranks.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem about the crank is it's positioning, regarding the aiming. I can't imagine anywhere we could theoretically put it that'd enable aiming or else be comfortable to use. Dispensing with the crank entirely would definitely make the weapon a hell of a lot more usable.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Two words: myomer gun.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two words: myomer gun.
I don't know if I think on what you think but that could work
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it could work if he's presuming something like a grapple hook attached to myomer. Could make our troops pretty mobile in addition to letting them do good scorpion impersonations.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88