Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100294 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I like the stalhelm, it's very German.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your basic uniform is purely cosmetic and meant only to separate the two sides. Any additions to improve the base outfit will need a revision or design. As is, the two types of helmets are functionally the same for game purposes

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But a new helmet added in a revision would be an improvement in regards to game purposes?

TaricusToday at 12:22
We haven't actually redesigned. Votes are a bit against it at this point. But the one we got is... well, a fucking brodie helmet.
Doomblade187Today at 12:22
With padding.
FallacyofUristToday at 12:22
What is this "brodie helmet"?
BafflerToday at 12:22
Yeah it's basically a brodie helmet.
TaricusToday at 12:23
Brit helmet in WW1-WW2
FrostgiantToday at 12:23
Oh the british helemt
Doomblade187Today at 12:23
Okay, yeah, that's kinda what I had in mind
We're basically the same

Okay, in the push for actually being unique once more, VOTE FOR THE STAHLHELM BECAUSE WE'LL USE A FUCKING ABBERAN HELMET OTHERWISE!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:25:03 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Okay, in the push for actually being unique once more, VOTE FOR THE STAHLHELM BECAUSE WE'LL USE A FUCKING ABBERAN HELMET OTHERWISE!

Haha. I see it now: In both sides panic to be unique, they both change up their helmet designs.... To Stahlhelms.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what, that's too fucking funny to pass up. Vote for the stahlhelm folks!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Quote from: votebox
Strategic Decisions:
Fortify Lowlands: Baffler, Twinwolf

Resource Assignment (Lowlands):
Ore (5): Nuke, Taricus, Yami, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler

Miscellaneous Votes:
Resource Credit:
Myomer (8): Rockeater, Chiefwaffles, Jilladilla, Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler
Natural Gasses (1): Yami

Hero:
Alexei Raju (1): Taricus
Vitali Volkov (0):
Emilio Antares (1): Yami
Antero Sahay: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler

Uniform Changes (If Allowed):
Replace Helmet with a Stalhelm Design (4): Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Baffler
Leave it as is (4): Yami, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Twinwolf

I hate to change it to a tie vote this late but I have to agree. If nobody else votes for the new helmet consider my vote unchanged I guess.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Yeah no thanks, I don't want our side to be defined by a Stahlhelm.

Strategic Decisions:

Miscellaneous Votes:
Resource Credit:
Myomer (8): Rockeater, Chiefwaffles, Jilladilla, Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler

Hero:
Vitali Volkov (0):
Antero Sahay: (6) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler

Replace Helmet with a Stalhelm Design (4): Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Baffler
Leave it as is (5): Yami, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Twinwolf, Chiefwaffles
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Our side is defined by more than a helmet, but I'm not sticking with the same one that FUCKING ABBERA is using!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Our side is defined by more than a helmet, but I'm not sticking with the same one that FUCKING ABBERA is using!
Of all the decisions that get made in Arms Race this is probably the one that least needed to become dramatic.

Yeah no thanks, I don't want our side to be defined by a Stahlhelm.
I don't see what the big deal is when modern militaries, such as the US military, use similarly designed helmets. Plus having a different shaped helmet helps prevent friendly fire, which is nice. That said I doubt that will give either side an advantage so I think I won't vote.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you could vote for the option that helps prevents friendly fire (unless they go for the same helmet type too) Parsely. I'll accept it didn't need to be dramatic but it's the only time we can without much salt being bandied around :P

And while it won't give us an advantage to start with, having a better helmet design at base to improve upon would make our uniform designs and such that little bit better than theirs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Strategic Decisions:

Miscellaneous Votes:
Resource Credit:

Hero:
Vitali Volkov (0):

Replace Helmet with a Stalhelm Design (5): Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Baffler, Twinwolf
Leave it as is (4): Yami, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Chiefwaffles

I don't want to be the same, no. Our resources are enough, we don't need to have the same helmets :P

Unrelated: Next design phase, I do think we should revisit close range weaponry. The SMG... well that kinda didn't work, and I'm not sure how long we'll have to revise. The fact it was automatic seems to have been what made it theoretical difficulty and I can't imagine revisions to make it passable will be easy. I'll bring up the shotgun again. We can totally get back to that SMG, just I want another option first in case that takes ages.

Also: Having read back in the thread a few times on the topic of myomers, a lot of times it's mentioned they have a ton of uses, but it wasn't mentioned often what those uses are
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:48:37 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also: Having read back in the thread a few times on the topic of myomers, a lot of times it's mentioned they have a ton of uses, but it wasn't mentioned often what those uses are?
Literally anything you might otherwise use a motor or actuator (science for "tiny motor") for, since they are basically synthetic muscles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Also: Having read back in the thread a few times on the topic of myomers, a lot of times it's mentioned they have a ton of uses, but it wasn't mentioned often what those uses are?
Literally anything you might otherwise use a motor or actuator (science for "tiny motor") for, since they are basically synthetic muscles.
They replace motors? How can myomers be used to generate power? I'm fine with the tech but I'm also having a hard time understanding what the applications are, maybe a demo design or revision would help?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They replace motors? How can myomers be used to generate power? I'm fine with the tech but I'm also having a hard time understanding what the applications are, maybe a demo design or revision would help?
Well, in principle, I'm pretty sure it's intrinsically the case that a working myomer would also be a piezoelectric generator, but they may not be as effective for the purpose as a traditional, reversed-motor type generator, given that the electric current involved is much smaller. It's true that a traditional generator is basically identical to an electric motor, and the two can be used interchangeably if you don't mind the efficiency loss, but that wasn't, I admit, really what I was thinking of as uses for a motor, so it's the exception to my previous statement.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Locking the votes now that you guys untied the helmet thing.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88