Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100183 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Gavrilium is... an energy source. That's it.

Myomers have so much more potential. More than you might think.

Maybe Gavrillium will give an earlier advantage. But there's only so much you can do with an energy source, and Myomers? We can adapt them in so many ways.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As written, Fallacy is right, it pretty much is a power source And explosive. Useful but not something that allows us to get really wacky. And we can likely get such a thing during the game more easily than something like myomer, as an example.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Also, why the heck are we deciding on our specialty resource now? We have three turns in which we could do that.

We could tail our specialty resource to what we end up developing!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Presumably getting it sorted earlier means we can make designs that rely on it earlier.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only reason why it matters now is because one of the designs that may go through relies on one of the resources in question. Remember that without a speciality resource any design that needs is it automatically [complex].  If a design that doesn't need a special material gets pushed through instead then resource picking can be put off.

Also note that if you're making a design that uses undiscovered speciality resources that it will reflect in the difficulty, results, and cost of the design in question until the necessary resource is discovered.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically, we can discover or create new resources in the future?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short answer is yes. I'd elaborate but there are a few mechanics under the hood that I want you guys to discover as the game progresses.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay lads, I think that seals the case for myomer being our pick now; we can more easily discover something like gravite or gavrilium in game.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Okay lads, I think that seals the case for myomer being our pick now; we can more easily discover something like gravite or gavrilium in game.

I think it's just the opposite. We're at the technological equivalent of the 1910's. Sure, modern people would maybe be more interested in the Myomer, but as-is we really just don't have the supporting technological base to actually do anything really interesting with it. Anything really cool would require computers, which we're not even close to, and even fairly simple applications would have problems with power. Electricity isn't really all that portable now, and batteries have come a long way in the last 100 years. That's actually something gavrilium could potentially solve, but from what I can see the gavrilium is useful without the myomer, but the myomer isn't especially useful without the gavrilium.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:58:10 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gavrilium would be easier to develop after this however. Whereas doing that with myomer would be a lot harder. And we wouldn't really need computers to do anything interesting with the myomer either, and a heavy battery is something we can work on in game too. Not too hard by all standards to work towards.

But superpowered coal has... well, limited application and is, in my opinion, pretty boring especially for a mild sci-fi game. We wouldn't be able to really do anything interesting with it. It might be useful but it's best obtained afterwards.

To give an example how it would be useful outside of a powerful, portable power source, we could use it to pretty much replace hydraulics in just about anything, allowing far more responsive machines for far less weight a lot greater reliability.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:05:48 am by Taricus »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LIGHTNING ROUND

I'm on my way home now, but I'm going to make myself some pork chops when I get home, so you have about 20 minutes plus cooking and eating time before the lock.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given the large portion of the team I presume are euros, I think we might need longer. Hard to debate with someone sleeping after all.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Given the large portion of the team I presume are euros, I think we might need longer. Hard to debate with someone sleeping after all.

Euro's should be waking up around now.. And that's the Western Euros.. (I apologize for calling you Euro's.)

It's the American's (in the continental sense) who should be in the middle of sleeping right now.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough, but they likely have stuff to do before they can post. So a few hours more to enable discussion would be ideal.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fine with a few more hours or a consensus, whichever comes first.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88