Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100144 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I actually don't like either option, just want to prevent coin flip.

Quote from: Votebox
RGL-15 Senapang Rifle Grenade Launcher: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Madman
BSU ECR Mk. 2:
Fortify Harren: (4) Powder Miner, Rockeater, Taricus, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 1916 A.C. Cold Season, Revision Phase

This season our engineering and development teams focused their efforts on greatly improving the defenses of Harren City. The outer walls, which weren't an obstacle for either army yet, are now reinforced with barbed wire and mounted weapons galore. Mountain Suits are used to great effect in aiding movement of materials and equipment. Defensive positions are dug out and reinforced ahead of the wall, and the city is turned into even more of a labyrinth of chokepoints and firing positions. The underground network of sewers and tunnels is utilized to great effect, allowing ease of movement through an otherwise ruined cityscape (sure most buildings still stand, but wreckage, corpses, and debris still make navigating the tight city streets difficult), and a couple headquarters as well as some barracks denim chicken are tucked away in some of the older unused tunnels. Government buildings are turned into hardened defenses, with many being at least partially converted into Scylla bunkers. Fortress-City Harren, as a result of our dedicated efforts, now truly lives up to it's name in the modern age. Man and machine both will be hard-pressed to break through even the outer wall, let alone make progress within the city proper. Entrenchment in the Sector rises to Four(4).

Along with our dedicated efforts to fortify the city we decided to construct our own crossing into Harren. While surely a massive project that will undoubtedly be seen by our enemies, should they be observant, it would make invading Abberan lands a little easier.

1 (3+1-3)

We found a solid starting point for construction of a bridge, and even began formulating ideas! However the party sent to probe the other side of the strait was never seen or heard from again. Nor the second one. Or the third. Eventually it was called off, though we did learn they must have extensive defenses across the way. You get the feeling, with the number of people who never returned, that one or two may have spilled the beans. You decided to contact civilian contractors, and you can get a bridge built this turn (equivalent to a result of 10, thanks to them being civilians and therefore not targets of Abberan military), however it will cost half of all your resources this turn, rounded down (and possibly to 0) in exchange.

----------------

Harren is firmly ours, which is going to add to the one or two issues needing resolution. Firstly, it is the Strategy Phase, so remember to choose a sector to fortify as well as a Resource to allocate and your strategy. You also need to make a decision in regard to the Tectonic, decide whether or not Harren City repopulation can begin, and select an interdimensional song that represents Salvios. Also decide whether or not we let those contractors sell us a bridge.

IT IS NOW THE STRATEGY PHASE.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits+Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abberan Armory (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategy

Attack Savannah: (1) Madman
Reinforce the Peaks: (1) Madman

Fortify South Peaks: (1) Madman
Add 1 Ore to the Rolling Hills: (1) Madman

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for a turn: (1) Madman
Don't: (0)

Repopulation:
Allow full repopulation: (0)
Allow repopulation on the Salviosi side of Harren, but not yet on the side close to Abbera: (1) Madman

Song: (I'll look into this later, I don't have time now)

Bridge:
No: (1) Madman
Yes: (nobody)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategy
Attack Savannah: (1) Madman
Reinforce the Peaks: (2) Madman, NUKE9.13
Reinforce the Savannah: (1) NUKE9.13

Fortification
Fortify South Peaks: (1) Madman
Fortify South Crossing: (1) NUKE9.13

Resource Development:
Add 1 Ore to the Rolling Hills: (1) Madman
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (1) NUKE9.13

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (1) NUKE9.13
Lend for a turn: (1) Madman

Repopulation:
Allow repopulation on the Salviosi side of Harren, but not yet on the side close to Abbera: (1) Madman
Don't: (1) NUKE9.13

Bridge:
No: (2) Madman, NUKE9.13
Okay, so. Strategy: I don't think we'll be able to advance without the Tectonic- the exoskelington is nice, but I'm not sure it'll be enough to push there. I'm tired of losing more land than we need to, so I'd really like to go on the defensive there. Defending the Peaks also makes sense.
Fortifying the Crossing is worthwhile, I think, since MoP hinted at the possibility of cross-lane manoeuvres (iirc), and the Peaks are already at 3- which combined with defensive strategy should make it very hard to make progress there.
Resources- grabbing more Caelium would make the Collision cheaper, whereas more Ore won't do jack- the only thing that costs more than 6 ore at the moment is the Apibaru, which is also short on Caelium.
Lending the Tectonic- I don't want to fight our allies on this. They did pay for it, after all. I approve of putting some limit on how long we lend it out, but one turn seems awfully short. Three seems like a good number- if we can get that lower, that'd be good, but we shouldn't insist.
Repopulating Harren seems suicidal whilst it's still vulnerable. There isn't that much pressure to do so (yet), so we can wait for a while longer, I think.
Obviously we don't spend half our resources to rebuild the bridges.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One Ore also makes the ACE-K cheap, for whatever it may or may not be worth. Hence why I chose one Ore instead of Caelium for this one.

I thought Collision wouldn't drop a level with just one Caelium, perhaps I read it wrong.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, the engineering kit wasn't in the cost spreadsheet.
The collision costs 6 Caelium, we have 4 (all other costs are covered).

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So for a song I'll tentatively propose Williams' Midway March, and will shift my resource vote to Caelium because even the un-repaired Impact should still be worth cheapening.

Strategy
Attack Savannah from South Crossing: (1) Madman
Reinforce the Peaks: (1) NUKE9.13
Reinforce the Savannah: (2) NUKE9.13, Madman

Fortification
Fortify South Peaks: (0)
Fortify South Crossing: (2) NUKE9.13, Madman

Resource Development:
Add 1 Ore to the Rolling Hills: (0)
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (2) NUKE9.13, Madman

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (2) NUKE9.13, Madman
Lend for a turn: (0)

Repopulation:
Don't: (1) NUKE9.13

Bridge:
No: (2) Madman, NUKE9.13

I agree with NUKE's reasoning on most points as he brings up stuff I didn't consider or forgot, but I believe that we can't use two Reinforce actions, and also should definitely try attacking the Savannah...though we could try the sneaky option presented in Discord of attacking the Savannah from the South Crossing while reinforcing the Savannah itself. In fact I'm going to vote for that for now.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E lol i couldn't resist
Strategy
Attack Savannah from South Crossing: (2) Madman, Powder Miner
Reinforce the Savannah: (3) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner

Fortification
Fortify South Crossing: (3) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner

Resource Development:
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (3) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (3) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner

Repopulation:
Don't: (2) NUKE9.13, Powder Miner

Song: Williams' Midway March: (1) Madman
Danger Zone (and send it to Forenia too lul just so they can see it): (1) Powder Miner

Bridge:
No: (3) Madman, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner

I do like Madman's action suggestions.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategy
Attack Savannah from South Crossing: (3) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf
Reinforce the Savannah: (4) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf

Fortification
Fortify South Crossing: (4) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf

Resource Development:
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (4) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (4) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf

Repopulation:
Don't: (3) NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Twinwolf

Danger Zone (and send it to Forenia too lul just so they can see it): (1) Powder Miner

Bridge:
No: (4) Madman, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategy
Attack Savannah from South Crossing: (4) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus
Reinforce the Savannah: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Fortification
Fortify South Crossing: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Resource Development:
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Repopulation:
Allow full repopulation: (1) Taricus

Danger Zone (and send it to Forenia too lul just so they can see it): (2) Powder Miner, Taricus

Bridge:
No: (5) Madman, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:26:25 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategy
Attack Savannah from South Crossing: (4) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus
Reinforce the Savannah: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Fortification
Fortify South Crossing: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Resource Development:
Add 1 Caelium to the Volcanic Range: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Decisions

Tectonic:
Lend for up to three turns: (5) NUKE9.13, Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus

Repopulation:
Allow full repopulation: (1) Taricus

Song: Williams' Midway March: (2) Madman, Twinwolf
Danger Zone (and send it to Forenia too lul just so they can see it): (2) Powder Miner, Taricus

Bridge:
No: (5) Madman, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Taricus
Sigtext!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If someone would be so kind as to help me by describing what we want in a song to represent our nation that'd be great. Or you could just vote for one of the two proposals as they are now....even though Danger Zone is really more a song for Forenia rather than representing anything about Salvios.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Regarding the lending of the Tectonic
As per the contract established upon initiation of the Tectonic Project, The Republic Salvios and its subsidiary branches ("Salvios") agrees to lease use of the Tectonic Mechanised Lifting Suit ("Tectonic") to The League of United Nations ("The League"). Salvios is not liable for use of the Tectonic in any capacity. Please keep all limbs inside the vehicle during operation. Do not throw bowling balls at the Tectonic during maintenance.
Lease duration is at the discretion of the League, although Salvios requests a maximum period of 18 months, whereafter the Tectonic is returned to Salvios. It is believed that the technology behind the Tectonic will have become obsolete by that point, necessitating refitting with new equipment. Additionally, whilst the use of the Tectonic on other fronts is clearly important for the overall war effort, Salvios is concerned that extensive absence of a balancing factor for the equally advanced technology deployed by the Kingdom of Abbera may result in the collapse of its defensive capabilities, resulting in the loss of the strategically relevant ports of Salvios to the Central Alliance, to the great detriment of the overall war effort.
((The following 68 pages are an analysis of the legal issues involved in the lease.))

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Hot Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #1243 on: April 04, 2019, 01:20:04 am »

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits+Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abberan Armory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:20:04 pm by Man of Paper »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Hot Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #1244 on: April 04, 2019, 01:21:26 am »

Year 1916 A.C. Cold Season, Combat Phase

Salviosi Successes

This season some brave prospectors braved the Volcanic Range and discovered an ample deposit of Caelium we have begun mining. We have also set up solid defensive lines across the South Crossing, raising Entrenchment to Two(2) and providing (Radio Coverage).

Thanks to the additional Caelium we have seen our armory adjust as follows:

The Collision becomes (CHEAP).

Abberan Advancements

Quote from: Design
Proposal: Barragan Attack Corvette
Based off of recent advances from the sky tyrant and the venerable Orleans, the Barragan has been designed as a replacement on the front lines for the Orleans.
The barragan is completely enclosed, instead of possessing the open top deck that the Orleans posses, in addition to replacing the Orleans lift and propulsion system to a down sized version based on the sky tyrant.
This will allow the barragan to strafe sideways with ease, climb dive and generally maneuver rather well for a 45 Meter long ship.
it is also designed to be much faster, due to the strong Promethium power supply, and the Alighted celaium nodes on the ship, it is expected that the barragan will be able to pursue the Charybdis,

The primary change form the Orleans is the implementation of cold steel layer k/c armour, similar to the sky tyrant, clocking in at 250mm thick. This provides protection to the ship from enemy fire hopefully up to the Scylla cannon.

The barragan posses a total of  6 60mm autocannon turrets, which have been modified with the original double-barreled design and a corresponding increase in RPM, so further make the approach of the barragan a rather dangerous thing for any enemy aircraft, let along for those on the ground.

These turrets are places around the ship is 2 “triangles” with 1 being up top and the remaining two being on opposite sides of the bottom. The nature of the barragans hull, being slimmer at the tip and wider at the aft, ensures that all turrets are capable of target a target in front of the barragan, While any attempt to come in from a flank will be met with the fire of 4 60mm guns.
In addition, a further 8 machinegun “blisters” are present, being small armored turrets that allow to machine guns to open fire with tracer rounds at ariel and ground targets, better-marking enemies for the autocannon gunners and ground AA forces.

The inner working of the barragan are heated, to increase the maximum altitude of the ship and make the crew more comfortable.

Difficulty: Theoretical
Result: 2 (3+2-3) = Utter Failure

Some day we will look back at this and laugh. Maybe somewhere right now someone is. But not us. First it was the aircraft that only exploded, then it was the glorified dart. Now we have managed to turn another ambitious project into a nightmare. This time it was discovered that members of our development team were requisitioning Interdimensional Communications time to privately...chat with some of their Moskurgian counterparts. As a result, the entire division's budget was severely reduced this season. With limited access to resources, we were only able to produce  small number of tiny plastic figurines based on what the Barragan should have looked like.

They were produced in limited amounts and should make a fine collector's item. (VERY EXPENSIVE)

Quote from: Revision
Proposal: RSN 1916-COR/ASS “St. Thaddeus”

The St. Thaddeus is a simple revision to the underwhelming St. Marie. We Believe by replacing it’s 40mm tank cannons with double-mounted 60mm AA turrets ( being electrically driven and having two gunshields, .5 meter along the barrel of each other.) , halving it’s scythe mountings, closing up unnecessary openings, gutting it's turbines for aligned caelium nodes, and replacing it’s venerable gavgenerators with more modern versions.
We can greatly improve it’s effectiveness as an sky ship destroyer and increase it’s top speed to 30/45 km/h. potentially nullifying the only advantage the Salvios have over us. We're also adding a radio to all Orleans variants because we never did that apparently. all orleans variants will be given the upgrades listed previosly. though their speed may vary.

Difficulty: Hard
Result: 6 (4+3-1) = Average

The St. Thaddeus itself is a fairly simple refit of the St. Marie. The greatest difficulty comes from the change in propulsion system, but our experience in the field of gravitic manipulation and propulsion aided immensely. As a result, we have turned the St. Marie from an embarrassment to a reliable part of the Abberan armory. She flies at up to 55km/h, has improved mobility, upgraded double-barrel 60mm firepower, and a radio suite. We also added radio systems to our other airships, which we probably could have done years ago and greatly decreased losses during the slaughter of the Charybdis Scourge, but let's not think about them or their wailing mothers.

We had our work cut out for us this season, and the refit of our whole fleet's propulsion was too daunting a task to tackle this time around.

The St. Thaddeus winds up costing 7 Ore, 5 Caelium, 2 Gavrillium, 2 Kinetic Sheep, and 3 Chemical Compounds, making it (VERY EXPENSIVE). All other Orleans-class ships and subtypes gain 1 Ore in cost due to the radio suites.

----------------

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88