Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100154 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: VOTE ALREADY
BSU ECR (Again, but with feeling no more first-digit zeroes): (5) Madman, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, DGR
SAR-16: (1) Taricus
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

So to explain this vote, I'm leaning this way over the other options because I feel like right now we need to cover weaknesses more than we need to press our strengths - we already are good at getting firepower where it needs to be. I don't think pressing that right now with the mech (which would basically be taking the role of our tank) is the right move, because I don't think the benefits will make up for the fact that Average Salvios Soldier loses to Average Abberan Soldier. Although that being said I did consider the idea of doing the mechs and then as the revision doing some kind of change to the perahudara so it could carry them, to make for an attempt at the crossing or the mountains.

Quote from: VOTING
BSU ECR (Again, but with feeling no more first-digit zeroes): (6) Madman, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, DGR, Twinwolf
SAR-16: (1) Taricus
MLS-16 "Compound Interest" (0):
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 1916 A.C. Cold Season, Design Phase

Proposal: BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig
After some housecleaning in the committees, we are going to try, again, to deploy an ECR. This time no bureaucratic morass will slow our progress instead, we will be exclusively slowed and stopped by development problems that just seem to crop up randomly almost as if the engineers wanted to log more hours and thus get more pay and we will deliver the end product on or slightly past the intended date and most definitely not within budget.

Abberan infantry tend to be more survivable than their Salviosi equivalents. That's fine, we can fix this easily. The BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig is heavily based on the Avalanche and Mountain systems, being a low(er)-profile exoskeleton intended to provide additional mobility and durability to our soldiers. It is, however, much smaller than the Mountain suit as it is not built to allow the soldier to lift extra weight, but instead built to allow them to make longer or higher jumps, scale walls, or do other acrobatic things normally beyond the physical capabilities of an average human. This is all capable thanks to the Myomer system in the suit, powered by a smaller GavEngine than those in use on the Avalanche and Mountain, but more powerful for its size, capable of propelling the soldier inside much faster than a normal human.

The hands have steel climbing spikes (think larger ice-climbing picks) attached to the end of the exoskeleton at the wrists (The hands are not actually covered by anything, to allow for full dexterity and reduce complexity). These can be folded back to get them out of the way of the hands, and lock into place in either position. Steel spikes on the exoskeleton's boots allow for even more grip while climbing. Oh, and a really unpleasant kick.

This suit includes a vest, worn over the exoskeleton, of Caelium Steel plates to allow the user to survive hits from regular bullets to the torso, up to surviving hits from the Modea rifles at medium range (though bullets may still penetrate at much-reduced velocities at closer ranges). To save weight, no other regions of the body are protected and the protection is not really capable of stopping higher caliber weapons.

Difficulty: Very Hard
Result: 5 (5+2-2) = Below Average

Learning from past mistakes, our development team (after abolishing the old Council for Helmeted Armor Protection, or Old C.H.A.P.) started at the bottom of the suit.

While a lot of utility was hoped for in the new uniform, we had to make cuts to both keep it affordable enough for mass production as well as to keep it easy to maintain. As a result, light use of myomer on the legs results in a 5-10% increase in speed as well as an average of a 1.2x increase in jump height. The torso is fitted with a single 4mm chest plate of Caelium Steel bolted to the exoskeleton. We didn't apply myomer to the top of the uniform, but kept the knuckle spikes for good measure. The unused upper exoskeleton left room for clips and straps that allow a soldier's kit to be attached and more readily available. Some of the weight is borne by the exoskeleton and myomer, easing the strain of a long march.

Overall, while survivability in our troops improves slightly, stamina and endurance of our troops is greatly increased. This gives us an advantage in mobilizing and positioning troops, and is represented by the (Improved Endurance) Special Rule.

----------------

With a quality baseline improvement of our military, we are more than happy to give you the following opportunity! Our people are becoming increasingly interested in dimensionally foreign culture. Find a song from an alternate reality that you think best fits the Salviosi image! Once you do so we'll grant you access to an Espionage Credit. Remember to continue discussing the decision regarding the Tectonic.

IT IS NOW THE REVISION PHASE.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits+Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abberan Armory (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All things considered, that was a pretty good result for a 5. I mean it could be better in terms of performance, but as this applies to every soldier, we should be fine leaving it as-is.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Poor man's bazooka
RGL-15 Senapang Rifle Grenade Launcher
The RGL-15 is a rifle grenade system. It is, in essence, a specialized thick-walled cartridge with an unusually powerful amount of propellant using our artillery guns' Gavrililum propellant mixture, plus a slight modification to our Senapangs' barrels. The grenade's "tail" slides over the barrel (with matching cutout sections to slide over the bayonet lug and front sight post, respectively) and is held in place using a small pin inserted into any of a set of holes in the side of the tail, which allows the grenade to be set to different positions for firing at targets at different ranges. The grenades are mostly identical to our present infantry grenades with a tail assembly fixed to the base of the grenade and a slightly more aerodynamic nosecap and fins welded to the grenade. The nosecap replaces the present cap and includes a mechanism such that when the grenade is fired both a double-length (14-second or so) timer and the impact fuse are armed, to ensure detonation even if the grenade lands in soft material like sand. A simple flip-up sight allows the user to range the grenade for indirect fire when using the maximum launching power. Soldiers are advised to consult their manuals for ranging lower-power shots. Soldiers in Avalanches who wish to direct-fire the grenade should probably just point and shoot, they'll be at close range anyway.

BSU ECR Mk. 2
The BSU ECR as made is pretty good. However, it can be better. First off, and luckily quite simple, the torso protection is upgraded to a 12.5mm Caelium Steel plate to properly protect the user against firearms at medium and even close ranges. The upper part of the exoskeleton is, similar to the lower portion, lightly Myomer'd next, so that the user has their strength enhanced somewhat. The knuckles spikes are removed when we re-add the steel ice-pick-like climbing spikes to the arms, because one can NEVER have too many large and extremely dangerous stabbing implements.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votebox
RGL-15 Senapang Rifle Grenade Launcher: (1) NUKE9.13
BSU ECR Mk. 2:
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

RIFLE GRENADES!

RGL-15 Senapang Rifle Grenade Launcher: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla
BSU ECR Mk. 2:

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RGL-15 Senapang Rifle Grenade Launcher: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Madman
BSU ECR Mk. 2:

While I can't quite match Jilla's enthusiasm for the rifle grenades, I think that they'll be easier and provide a similarly large advantage to powering the upper body of our soldiers as well as the lower body.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

BSU ECR Mk. 2:
Fortify Harren: (1) Powder Miner
I think I want to take the chance of repairing the bridge and surprise-push from Harren; being trapped in just one front while that front has the Sky fucking Titan on it seems like a way for us to unfortunately just lose more territory and continue to be trapped on our side of the map, but if we can repair the bridge and rush it this turn, we can carve out some land on their side of the map and make the war more two-sided. It also helps ensure that Harren won't get fucked up.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BSU ECR Mk. 2:
Fortify Harren: (2) Powder Miner, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BSU ECR Mk. 2:
Fortify Harren: (3) Powder Miner, Rockeater, Taricus
I can agree with Powder's statement, and we know that the Abberans will not be expecting any sort of attack from that direction.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would argue that the problem is that we haven't made sufficient changes yet to overcome their advantages. Also, we want to focus down on getting the enemy off our territory, then we'll worry about surprising them with a sudden advance through Harren and over the bridges.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't get them off our territory if they're continually pushing with a huge ass skyship. This way, we force them to consider where they deploy it.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The battleship can't be everywhere. Rifle grenades can be, and will allow even basic infantrymen to be an extreme threat to their armored soldiers.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I think that at this point getting Abberas off of the Savannah would be a multiple-turn effort, even if they don't have the Sky Tyrant in the Savannah, which they very well might -- and I don't think we should be bottled into our half of the map for multiple turns as is. One thing I found notable about last turn was that we actually seemed to have an advantage in ground combat even without the Tectonic, and I think that should hold enough for a middle lane charge to be fruitful, especially since the Sky Titan is an offensive national effort.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88