Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100201 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1916 A.C. Hot Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #1110 on: February 23, 2019, 01:18:55 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
Ambrosia: (1) NUKE9.13
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (1) Powder Miner

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ABB-16 Gergasangin: (1) NUKE9.13

I’ll figure out my preferences for the NE design shortly but I do definitely prefer the exoskeleton for our normal design

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1916 A.C. Hot Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #1111 on: February 23, 2019, 01:22:34 pm »

Personally I see Ambrosia as having potential; but I am in the same boat as Nuke for the most part. (Granted I am of the opinion of 'Why not both, eventually?' when deciding between the exoskeleton and Ambrosia.)

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
Ambrosia: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (1) Powder Miner

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ABB-16 Gergasangin: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 23, 2019, 01:41:42 pm »

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (2) Powder Miner, Madman

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (1) Madman

Also note that I did in fact edit the original exoskeleton proposal (the one that includes a modified Impact) so if you don't want the additional difficulty from making it a uniform thing we can do that instead.

ALS-16 'Tectonic' 'Earthquake' [OFFENSIVE NATIONAL EFFORT]
The Earthquake is just what it sounds like on the tin. It's like a large Avalanche, in the same way that a lion is a large cat. The suit is larger, large enough to pack armor capable of resisting 40mm tank-gun fire for at least three hits in the same spot. Underneath that armor is packed additional Myomers, which allow the suit surprising
mobility and unbeatable strength, capable of using an Avalanche as a bludgeon or punching a tank so hard it stops working.

Also included is a heavily-modified Impact booster system, that operates in two modes. The first one is the regular burst of movement, drawing full power from the GavEngine. The second is a sustained option which allows the engine to run both the Myomers and the Impact system simultaneously. This works by drawing only enough power to make the suit noticeably faster, instead of the system being capable of physically throwing the suit in a desired direction. Further modified with the dark magic of trigonometry, the boosters are angled slightly upwards so that the user is cleared off the ground during a horizontal boost. The boosters are, as expected, stronger than Collision boosters and have no capacitors, instead relying on direct engine power. This also means that the suit is capable of indefinite flight, though powering the large Myomer groups as well as the Impact system is not really possible.

These are powered by a larger GavEngine as well as its attendant heating system. This temperature-regulation system pipes some cold water/whatever we use in place of water around the suit, to keep the occupant at a comfortable temperature unlike in the present Collision suit.

Massive Myomer-powered gauntlets capable of ripping apart tanks clutch an even larger full-steel pollaxe with an integrated 40mm cannon in the pole, basically a LFG, if the LFG was made into a bolt-action weapon with a five-round magazine stuck in the middle of a polearm and named it the "Halberd Cannon". The spike on top is changed into a set of four smaller spikes protruding kind of like bayonets around the 40mm cannon muzzle, while the rear-facing spike is replaced by an oversized Impact booster system facing towards the axehead. This turns a Myomer-aided axe strike into a gravity-aided Myomer-aided axe strike, which is clearly better and more powerful. As per the suit's Impact system, it also draws power directly from the generator.

The suit is well-padded for maximum operator comfort, and is thinly plated with gold, to provide additional protection from both radiation and accusations of cheapness.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:27:50 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 23, 2019, 04:55:44 pm »

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (2) Powder Miner, Madman

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (2) Madman, Powder Miner
BIG BALLER FUCKOFF NE POWER ARMOR FUCK YEAH

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 23, 2019, 05:05:52 pm »

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (3) Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (3) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 23, 2019, 07:21:37 pm »

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
Ambrosia: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Taricus

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ABB-16 Gergasangin: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Taricus
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (3) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 23, 2019, 11:37:41 pm »

So just a quick reminder that if we settle our voting before tomorrow it sounds as though MoP will have time to write an update. Just saying this so that any and all of the more lurker-ish types might be provoked into voting, since the regulars are evidently split on this vote.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 24, 2019, 07:18:52 am »

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
Ambrosia: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Taricus, Rockeater

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (4) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 24, 2019, 07:48:34 am »

So, I have some problems with the Tectonic. Primarily, I'm worried that it isn't expensive enough. Like, we have an unlimited budget. I feel the Tectonic is something that we could conceivably build without straying into Theoretical expense (and given how quickly our industry grows, I would expect it to become Very Expensive before long).
I mean, I understand that given the video-game-esque logic at play here, one extremely-well kitted out soldier can take on hundreds of enemies... but even so, can they really have the same impact as a battleship?

A less important concern: if you insist on doing power armour, I feel it should be blinged out. Like, gold plated, or something.
Long Live United Forenia!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:27 am »

I think we should do the combat rig because it's a more immediate and dramatic change for our average soldiers, which was the major point where they have an advantage over us. The second point is that during the strategy phase we could bring the Apibaru down to Expensive, which we can't do if we spend the resource point on Ambrosia to make the design not Complex. I'm not saying we can't do Ambrosia (although personally I don't like it, admittedly) but I don't think this is the turn.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 24, 2019, 09:57:33 am »

So, I have some problems with the Tectonic. Primarily, I'm worried that it isn't expensive enough. Like, we have an unlimited budget. I feel the Tectonic is something that we could conceivably build without straying into Theoretical expense (and given how quickly our industry grows, I would expect it to become Very Expensive before long).

Yup. This is very true. This is our opportunity to reach beyond the economically feasible into the absurd and yet still pull out something tangible.

Now we don't have to do that; but I do agree with NUKE there that the Tectonic just doesn't feel like it'd be doing so. I wanna make something that'd be unique; something which we could continuously upgrade throughout the course of the war to maintain its status as something we just couldn't do as a normal design. Given the size restraints on power armor (in that you can really only make it so big), the Tectonic just isn't that.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 24, 2019, 11:13:09 am »

I mean, I don't know how to really make it better than it is....though since we're Salvios I guess we absolutely do have to gold plate the thing.

Increased Gavrillium cost to allow for extra muscle power and flight using an Impact system? Yep.
Ridiculous Caelium cost due to having all of the armor? Darn right!
Ore cost due to the same reasons as above? Definitely.
Very high cost in Myomers? Also true.

Also, please, people, vote for the uniform upgrade. That way we can cheapen our lone armored vehicle this turn, which should help us a lot in open terrain of the Savannah.

As for the NE design, NUKE, you still haven't helped my massive concerns about just what you're trying to build and the armaments thereof. I don't know if you've been on Discord but I listed quite a few issues I have with the physical design of the craft.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 24, 2019, 11:51:15 am »

You know, the point about making the Apibaru cheaper is valid. I do think Ambrosia would be a bigger impact than the exoskeleton, but they're both good, and the difference isn't that big. So I guess I can support doing the exoskeleton.

Regular Design:
SAR-16 Automatic Rifle:
Ambrosia: (3) Jilladilla, Taricus, Rockeater
BSU Exoskeletal Combat Rig: (4) Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf, NUKE9.13

NE Design:
ARC-16 'Iron Drake':
ALS-16 'Tectonic': (4) Madman, Powder Miner, Twinwolf, Rockeater

I mean, I don't know how to really make it better than it is....though since we're Salvios I guess we absolutely do have to gold plate the thing.

Increased Gavrillium cost to allow for extra muscle power and flight using an Impact system? Yep.
Ridiculous Caelium cost due to having all of the armor? Darn right!
Ore cost due to the same reasons as above? Definitely.
Very high cost in Myomers? Also true.
Exactly. There's only so much you can add to a suit of power armour. Sure, it'd cost an arm and a leg if we had to pay for it, but, again, we have an unlimited budget. We can afford not just arms and legs, but heads and torsos as well.

As for the NE design, NUKE, you still haven't helped my massive concerns about just what you're trying to build and the armaments thereof. I don't know if you've been on Discord but I listed quite a few issues I have with the physical design of the craft.
I may have missed your massive concerns. I remember seeing some concerns of yours, but nothing too substantial. Mainly that it's too big, which, uh, is the whole point? Other than size, it's all existing tech.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 24, 2019, 11:55:49 am »

More recent than that: the number of main-gun turrets you're adding onto a ship shorter than most battleships and the number of auxiliary weapons FAR exceeds anything ever put to see even to the end of WWII, and the way that you're constructing those turrets makes it impossible for them to have regular gun-turret machinery.

Basically I still believe it is too difficult, too heavily armed for its size, and now having done a bit of looking at real-life warships, too literally impossible to construct in the manner you want to build it in. Those are the concerns I still have.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 24, 2019, 12:00:37 pm »

Well, the specific concern was that there was an excessive amount of guns - more than actual battleships. They each need engineering spaces, ammunition access, etc. The problem with the amount of guns, and their placement, is it makes it a nightmare to get a functional system to feed them ammo, and we can't exactly have people hand-loading because with all the rotating and aiming it'll be really rough. The amount of space that needs exceeds the likely volume of the ship as written. The number also means that they are likely to interfere with each other's lines of fire.

The issue is, as I read it, less a problem of technology more an issue of design.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:03:50 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 88