Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: An Arms Race / Core Thread (COMPLETE)  (Read 11586 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: An Arms Race / Core Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2018, 04:37:08 pm »

Before any Salvosi post about it here's a fixed version of my thing.Edit:Original broken poster removed, and no we're not going to tell you what was wrong with it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:19:02 pm by Jerick »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »

Just going to get the contest results out of the way now as I work on the turn so I don't forget or have extra tabs on the screen I might accidentally close. So here it is!

First, the two "Why We Fight" entries!:

These entries have earned their teams each a Research Credit to be used at any point. This will be restated in the Combat Reports.

As for our Recruitment entry, Nuke9.13's entry entitled """Art""" has been added to the first post of all three threads (I still like to keep surprises) and earned the Salviosi an Espionage Credit. An Espionage Credit can be used in a variety of ways, but in order to keep plans secret you can ask about or propose potential uses or desired effects in the team threads or discord channels.

Let's get my hype train running again!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2019, 02:47:58 pm »

For an Espionage credit this turn both teams were required to select a piece of music from an alternate reality to present to their nations. Both teams have successfully done so, and the winning selections are as follows:

Abbera selected (what a surprise) Go Big or Go Extinct from the Pacific Rim OST.

Salvios went to a tie, and so a decision by an old arcade token that has landed on WIZARDMANHEADS, selecting Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

Both teams will have an Espionage Credit available to them at the start of the next phase. Once again any questions on how to use it can be asked in team channels. With the opening of strategy I am willing to try to fit any sort of realistic espionage action into the game's mechanics, so chances are plans will be viable though I will comment regardless.

There's always a contest to bump this thread after a little break. Ha, and there was an Espionage reward last time too. Anyways get ready for an update hopefully by the end of the night, though by tomorrow night fer sure.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2019, 07:34:15 pm »

The Treaty of Harren (1917)

I. Introduction

War on the whole is a tragedy, but sometimes an unavoidable one. The warring states of Salvios and Abbera have not found an alternative path to settle their differences, and as a result much bloodshed has come to pass. However, the leaders of both sides agree that being at war is no reason to sponsor wanton cruelty and pointless death.

In the following treaty, the signed parties agree to follow it to the letter, and to the spirit. The goal of this treaty is to ensure two things: The honorable and just treatment of prisoners of war, and the ability of those who ease suffering to operate without fear for their lives. While there are many terrible things done in the name of victory, here both sides declare those lines that they will not and cannot cross, for at the end of the day, even one’s bitterest enemy is still human.

II. On the Treatment of Prisoners of War

1. Definition of a Prisoner of War
- A prisoner of war is hereby defined as any military personnel captured by a belligerent power over the course of war.
- All prisoners of war, regardless of status as a combatant or noncombatant, rank, combat record, cooperation, or other measures are afforded the same protections, and their captors have the same obligations, under this treaty.
- Prisoners of war are not to be treated differently based on whether they surrendered willingly or were captured while wounded.

2. Obligations of the Nations
- All prisoners of war are to be provided with all things required to live, in sufficient amounts and adequate quality to live without undue difficulty. This includes but is not limited to food, water, shelter.
- All prisoners of war are to be provided with all possible medical treatment, whether for battlefield wounds or illness contracted.
- All prisoners of war are to be under the protection of the government and military of their captors.
- No prisoner of war shall be subject to cruel and unusual punishment, torture, experimentation, or death, so long as they follow the laws outlined in Section 3.
- All prisoners of war will be kept well away from the frontlines and out of danger, and not forced to fight or work against their home nation.
- If attempting to recapture an escaped prisoner, so long as the prisoner has followed the laws outlined in Section 3, nonlethal force shall be used if possible. If punishment is intended, it shall not be such that it breaks other laws in this section.
- Upon returning home, either due to prisoner exchange or the end of conflict, a former prisoner shall not be punished for their capture, or for cooperating with their captors during confinement.

3. Obligations of the Prisoner
- A prisoner of war shall not attempt to perpetrate sabotage, perpetrate espionage, or to harm or kill military personnel or civilian citizens of their captives.
- A prisoner of war shall not harm their fellow prisoners, even if they are cooperating with their captors.
- A prisoner may attempt to escape their confinement. If they do, however, they must still follow their other obligations, or else be treated as an active combatant.

III. Protections and Obligations of Military Medical Personnel

1. Definitions of Military Medical Personnel
- Military medical personnel (referred to as ‘medics’ from here on) are individuals who participate in the war primarily in order to heal wounds and prevent death.
- Medics shall be marked by white helmets with a red rose emblazoned on the front. They shall not be armed, and if a medic is armed they shall be considered a legal combatant.
- Medical vehicles are afforded the same protection as medics. They will be painted white and emblazoned with the red rose.
- Any medic serving on a ship of war is considered to be an active combatant for the purposes of opposing naval or air forces; it is not a breach of treaty if a medic is killed during an attack on their ship.

2. Protections of Military Medical Personnel and Wounded
- A medic in compliance with their treaty obligations and clearly marked shall not be fired upon, stabbed, or otherwise assaulted by any soldier of either side.
- A medic in compliance with treaty obligations shall not be obstructed from carrying out their work.
- A medic in compliance with treaty obligations shall not be taken as a prisoner of war.
- A medic in compliance with treaty obligations may demand aid from soldiers not currently involved in combat.
- If a soldier breaches any of these protections, they are to be immediately court martialed, with punishment ranging from dishonorable discharge to life imprisonment or execution dependent on severity of the breach.

3. Obligations of Military Medical Personnel
- Medics shall not be armed with any firearms.
- Medical vehicles shall not be equipped with any weaponry, nor carry war material besides medical supplies.
- A medic shall be clearly and unambiguously marked, with a white helmet with a red rose on the front and back. 
- Military medical vehicles are to be painted white with the red rose symbol on the sides. They, along with injured passengers, are not to be attacked or harmed unless they are used for combat.
- Medics will save the lives of wounded soldiers regardless of which side they are on if possible. They may, however, prioritize their own side.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2019, 07:54:58 pm »

Quote from: Signatories
Abbera:

Doomblade187
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:24 am »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2019, 01:15:09 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2019, 01:24:40 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Salvios:

Powder Miner

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2019, 01:46:45 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Salvios:

Powder Miner
Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2019, 01:58:51 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Salvios:

Powder Miner
Rockeater
NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2019, 02:06:45 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Salvios:

Powder Miner
Rockeater
NUKE9.13
Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2019, 07:50:29 pm »

Abbera:

Doomblade187
Jerick
m1895

Salvios:

Powder Miner
Rockeater
NUKE9.13
Madman198237
Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2019, 11:06:38 pm »

For anyone not on Discord, I recently dealt with a bad computer failure which, among other things, resulted in a loss of everything I had written up for my forum games. Luckily for youse IWAR's info is almost all in the threads so loss for this was minimal. That said, it's still a loss, and when paired with the huge amount of info for both Blood of Champions and Into The Fire it becomes massively demoralizing.

This will return, sooner rather than later, but it will take me time to build myself back up for this mentally.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2019, 07:52:17 pm »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2019, 11:28:18 am »

Saturday is the deadline for any and all designs and plans for you to post within your team threads.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10