AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24919 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Golian's fight for Abystok
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 03:29:37 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 03:36:47 pm »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 04:24:56 pm »

Aw, nobody dares? Yeah, that was a good idea.

Your squadmates quickly tie up the former Captain and drag him back out of his quarters to announce your rule. You figure most dwarves who are awake are in one of the dining halls, so you all head directly to the biggest. This takes you in roughly the same direction as the barracks, so it's not too surprising when...
Quote from: last turn's hidden barracks roll
1*
...roughly the entire fortress guard come running toward your procession, followed distantly by most of your own soldiers. It looks like the militia weren't willing to match your efforts in holding back from outright bloodshed, since your side look substantially fewer than you remember, and Gostell in particular is clutching a bleeding gash in his side – though, if anything, it only seems to have made him angrier.

Quote from: roll
9!*

Luckily for you, you secured Sogeljar's surrender ahead of time and kept him alive long enough to tell his soldiers about it (after a little prodding from your dagger); after a few sceptical looks at one another and at you, and more than a few contemptuous looks at their former Captain, one of the soldiers suddenly pipes up in an accusing tone: "Did you even get the Overking's sanction for this?!" and you smile and hand over the letter from the court stating clearly that yes, you did. A few more looks at one another, now more defeated than sceptical, and a few more contemptuous looks at Sogeljar, and the soldier who accused you finally kneels, followed by the rest. Congratulations, you're now the King of Abystok! Well, for now.

Now, what are you going to do with the former Guard?
A) Execute them all as a show of force.
B) Disband them and replace them with my own followers, then exile them from the fortress. !
C) Disband them and replace them with my own followers, but let them stay in Abystok as civilians.
D) Keep them on as your new guard; they'll follow whoever's in charge, right?

And what are you going to do with Sogeljar?
1) Kill the coward! Sure, he surrendered, but you can make up some pretext to arrest and execute him now!
2) Exile him instead. !
3) Make up some pretext to arrest him, but leave him to rot in the dungeon.
4) He's not worth it; let him go back to his boring priesthood.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2018, 04:33:43 pm »

D4. Its the way that tells them we are a merciful and forgiving ruler, who would rather keep some skilled hands around since it seems our own men were a bit under trained for this.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 04:46:03 pm »

D4, egalitarian ho!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 04:59:31 pm »

C4. Loyalty > competence at this stage.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 05:01:02 pm »

D4.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 11:53:02 pm »

Undecided on first choice.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2018, 03:20:32 am »

C4
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2018, 04:29:21 pm »

Well, I was hoping for a more definitive outcome, but you can't have everything. D4 it is, narrowly.

You decide to start your reign off with mercy instead of terror, in direct opposition to the former Low King. Which, by the way, is your official title now. The guards visibly relax as you inform them of their fate, and you're pleased to see their looks of open gratitude — though there is a certain air of disappointment among some of your own followers who hoped for quick advancement. Still, that disappointment is quelled amid the fervor of your success and the general confidence many hold that Abystok will soon become a fearsome military power under your guidance with plenty of room in the army for everyone. Whether this actually proves true is, of course, up to you.

Sogeljar, in contrast, gives you a look of intense hatred while he is untied, then scurries away back to his quarters. He doesn't spit at your feet, though, which is "grateful", for him.

Your rebel soldiers and the fortress guard disperse in tandem to spread the word of your victory across the entire breadth of Abystok, and you are left to ponder one final question to yourself, a rather superficial one but with great symbolic importance in Dwarven culture:

Will you A) start a new calendar to mark the change in your reign, setting this as Winter of Year 1 of Golian (or of Duskbrow, or of Highbrows, or even of Independent Abystok; you may name the calendar yourself), or B) maintain the old calendar which marks this as year 214, preserving a symbol of Abystok's subjugation but keeping synchrony with the nearby cultures under Graszdat.

Whichever you choose, many of the people, especially your fellow nobles, will expect you to sponsor a party commemorating your rule. You don't have a clue what the state of the treasury may be now, but your dear friend Nedru Highbrows (yes, a distant cousin) has already offered to bankroll such a party in the event of your victory. Will you 1) throw the party with Nedru's money, or 2) tell him to save that cash in case Abystok needs it for something more important later?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2018, 06:42:02 pm »

B1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2018, 06:46:44 pm »

B1
Let's party like it's 214, which it is.

Avanti!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2018, 06:47:58 pm »

B1
Let's party like it's 214, which it is.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:04 pm »

B.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40