AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24950 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2018, 05:20:08 pm »

C
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2018, 05:27:54 pm »

C, but check for embezzlement/have someone do so.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2018, 07:37:09 pm »

You decide that the mining project is worth spending a little extra coin, though you make a mental note to have your fledgling spy network keep an eye on the mines from now on. A little later, you receive an unexpected request for audience from Totmone Bolkisatud, a scholar you met some time ago. It seems she has heard of your recent diplomatic contact with Pareshtan, and wishes to ask for a favour: "Pareshtan is home to a dwarf named Kerbiban, who studied under the legendary parakeet man Danewile. I simply must have a copy of his opus! I beseech you, my king, convince them to sell me a copy of each of Kerbiban's works, or, if they do not have copies, I will happily scribe such myself if they will just let me have the originals for a time. In exchange, hmmm... I will donate any book in my private library to the crown! I have many valuable works to choose from."

A) Convince? Ha! I shall demand it!
B) Sure, I'll see what I can do.
C) What? No, that's stupid, I'm not going to compromise diplomacy for some boring books!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2018, 07:49:21 pm »

B
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2018, 07:50:46 pm »

B. I don't see why not.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2018, 12:08:24 am »

B.

Ooh, I wonder if this'll let us have the opportunity to find out more about runesmithing?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2018, 12:11:54 am »

B this could be useful.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 01, 2018, 04:20:18 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »

"Suuuuuuuure," you say, "I can ask about that." Totmone is satisfied and leaves you to whatever it was you were doing before.

Toward the end of the month, the High Priest and a few of ... his? You realise that you have no idea whether the High Priest is male or female underneath the ostentatious robes; you guess the title 'priest' as opposed to 'priestess' implies masculinity, but maybe that's just tradition? Anyway, a few of the High Priest's underlings enter your makeshift office, and the High Priest speaks (that voice seems awfully low, but who can tell?): "After the... display furnished us by the Fyiania cult, we have decided to organise a festival of our own, in the name of Abystok's more traditional gods, to be held some time in late Autumn. I have come to ask whether you would be inclined to favour us with a donation toward this end?"

A) Okay, how does one economy point sound? I don't know how much that is in real money, ask Nedru, that's his job.
B) Sorry, I'm a little too poor right now.
C) What? No. You can't do a festival, go back to church.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2018, 10:05:14 pm »

B

The Fyiania worshippers suppiled their own cash, so you do as well.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2018, 10:55:56 pm »

B

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 02, 2018, 01:00:50 am »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 02, 2018, 01:06:03 am »

A

Let the minor cults fund themselves the big guns need big gold.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 02, 2018, 02:36:00 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

"I look forward to the entertainment you will be preparing for us," you say, "but a donation is simply not in the budget at this time. Perhaps I will be able to show my support for our religions at a later date."

"Besides," you add with a half-smile, "the priests of Fyiania funded their own party. Surely you can collect more from your many adherents than they?"

The High Priest seemingly falls for this rather obvious ploy, drawing him(?)self up as if to meet the challenge face-to-face and answering "Of course we can! The pious dwarves of Abystok will make the altars and cloisters flow with gold in the names of the gods! We merely wondered if you wished to donate, we certainly don't need charity! Our festival will be ten, no, a hundred times as glorious as that one. Of course we expect you will be there."

Muttering their own affirmations of the same, the whole troupe of priests leave and apparently believe they won the conversation even though you gave them nothing.

Late Summer, 215

Nedru comes by your "office" early in the month. "It's becoming very clear to everyone here that the finances of the crown are, ah, in decline. In fact, if I were preparing the end-of-year tablet of record for you now, I'd rate our wealth at a staggering 1. In light of this, several members of the higher nobility have approached me with an offer to bring to you: they wish to provide us with a loan, on somewhat strict terms. They would give you a thousand kola in gold now, with half the capital plus ten per centum to be paid in exactly one year, and the other half plus ten per centum to be paid the year after that. I am not sure that I would recommend you take this deal under ordinary circumstances, but the need is growing; it is something which must be considered with gravity."

A) Okay, I've considered it, give me the money!
B) No, I don't think this is a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40