AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24978 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2018, 02:24:10 pm »

A
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2018, 05:18:59 pm »

A
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2018, 04:03:38 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2018, 12:59:54 am »

You decide to stay amongst your own people, the nobility. Now that you are King, it would be even more unseemly than before for you to ignore the other noble families at your own birthday, and it was already bad enough as a Jarl.

After a couple hours of conversation about family, business, competition, management, and similar affairs of the nobility, you feel like you've made a few friends today; four in particular strike you as dwarves you are probably going to keep in touch with, all fellow jarls. If you're looking to make connections of any kind, this is a good place to start.

The first is Gilvakun of the Thousandtrees clan, a dedicated scholar who impressed you with his detailed knowledge of local family histories, even making an offhand reference to your great-great-granduncle, a minor general who died after falling from a sheep.

The second is Rashtat Keentooth, the young scion of a jarl bloodline recently (that is, only in the last five hundred years or so) elevated from among the moderately-well-known Coldburrow clan of mining thegns. He's actually a distant cousin of one of the thegns in charge of your own mining project, and has apparently taken mining up as a hobby despite not really needing to work for a living.

Third we have Totmone of clan Bolkisatud, one of a handful of clans named after a (real or mythical) ancestor, in this cast Kisatud the Fierce, rather than a perceived trait of the family or their land or trade as is more common. Totmone is the daughter of one of Abystok's surgeons, although she apparently studies everything but medicine, finding it "annoying".

And finally, Berdanik of Seagatherers, the rare example of a jarl who actually holds a useful job: he has extensive training in diplomacy, also the profession of both his parents. Apparently they met as opposite agents during negotiations between Hehrcog and another fortress he was in the process of annexing, then retired to Abystok (I did say it was scenic!) after the business concluded. Berdanik seems a bit embarrassed to tell the story.

Anyway, there's still time to chat with someone else, but — hey! All the dwarves you didn't pin down have moved around into a new set of groups! Is that allowed?!

A) Most of the runesmiths are still together, having been infiltrated by several merchants probably trying to commission something to sell.
B) The jarls and thegns who weren't in the group you targeted seem to have coalesced with Gostell and the other soldiers.
C) The rest of the merchants are dispersed among the peasants, trading crop futures or something.
D) Stick to the nobles, at least they stay in the same place.
E) Speak separately with any named attendee (including the four above as well as anyone else you know); write-in the specific dwarf.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2018, 01:01:40 am »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2018, 01:06:14 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2018, 01:13:44 am »

PTW
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2018, 05:21:51 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2018, 08:48:19 am »

B,

A is just going to be business talk. We've likely missed our chance there.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2018, 10:42:35 am »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2018, 02:53:20 pm »

Quote from: roll
You are beginning to have some success in convincing the runesmiths to warm up to you, aided in part by the couple to whom you returned the human thrall earlier, who seem to be enjoying the opportunity to make introductions for their King. You may be somewhat heartened to learn that the runesmiths don't seem to have anything against you personally, but are apparently always like this with outsiders — the merchants in the group all say they experienced the same thing until they managed to make initial connections. Indeed, the two who have already decided they like you are surprisingly friendly and open, though they just grin when you ask any questions directly implicating their profession. For all they'd like you to believe the opposite, maybe runesmiths are less like a secretive order of mystic initiates and more like a private social club?

You've also made a pair of connections among the merchants, twin brothers Alak and Banin (in the dwarven script, the letters equivalent to A and B aren't the first two, so it's not as thematic as it sounds) of the relatively young and unknown clan Gnawhaft. The twins deal, as you might expect from having met them here, mostly in magical trinkets procured wholesale from the runesmiths. You suspect that Alak is the cannier businessdwarf of the two, while Banin seems to be more of a salesdwarf.

Anyway, if you want, you could easily make some intimations to the group that you might be interested in purchasing a magic item if the price is right.
A) Sure, let's make an offer!
B) Nah, that's not the best use of our wealth right now.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »

B we should really not waste our wealth right now.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »

B don't want to buy staff until we know our wealth
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2018, 03:16:08 pm »

A, it’s better to know your options before just closing a deal, they could have an artifact that increases wealth and we can just state “for a latter time”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40