AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24941 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »

A4
For the lols.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2018, 01:58:10 am »

Gonna need more of that A1 Steak Sauce.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2018, 03:13:58 am »

The injured dwarf is dragged to a hospital, and the rest are dragged to the jails, resisting ineffectually all the way. The diplomat from Graszdat huffs a bit, apparently annoyed that you didn't execute them outright, but doesn't make much of a fuss, especially after you quickly have some thralls come in and fix the room back up. At this point, though, it's clear that the event is basically over, and this time it really does end without further incident.

To very little surprise, the fortress guard have decided to be relatively lenient on the prisoners, locking them up for a while but executing nobody, even the supposed 'leaders'. After a few weeks, the dwarf who was stabbed recovers with only minor nerve damage. All in all, you think you resolved this fairly diplomatically, though you do notice that the rebels who raised you to power seem a bit uncomfortable with your evenhanded approach.

Year's End, 214

The Council of Advisors, the same individuals who were telling you what you should do with your money some weeks ago,  come to you with a very nice, official-looking stone tablet. Nedru speaks first, having apparently convinced the others that family ties give him a special rapport with you: "This is an idea I had that we put together over the last few days, a sort of summary of our opinion as to the health to Abystok as a whole. All the numbers are out of eight. It hides a lot of complexity, of course, but we agreed that dealing with that complexity for you is basically our job."

He then shows you the tablet, which is inscribed:

MIGHT: 1
WEALTH: 2
BLISS: 7
DWARFPOWER: 6

Nedru continues. "As you can see, our might and wealth are low, and those two go dangerously together: we have the Overking's blessing now, but if we don't turn a profit, it won't be long before the court allow Graszdat or someone else to conquer us. I don't know how long the Overking will give us before asking for tribute, but it's going to happen eventually; so, at minimum, we need to institute a tax policy. Right now, we can really only organise a flat head tax at most, so the only question is how demanding to be."

A) No tax! Abystok shall be a tax haven, and we'll make our money through good business sense and perhaps occasionally soliciting "donations" from the successful!
B) A light tax, just sufficient to break even with the Overking's tribute each year.
C) A medium tax of the sort that would be considered normal and mostly unobjectionable anywhere.
D) A somewhat stricter tax to keep our treasury fat!
E) You know how Hehrcog was described as demanding a "crippling tax" before? Let's just keep that, but, instead of sending it to him, it goes to me!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2018, 03:31:45 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2018, 03:33:48 am »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2018, 03:37:29 am »

C

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2018, 04:40:32 am »

C

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2018, 08:38:28 am »

C for now.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:53 am »

C. It's always nice to make a profit.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2018, 10:33:14 am »

C

Avanti!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2018, 01:06:09 am »

Nedru nods and writes your choice on a piece of parchment, as Gostell and the priest (whose name you still haven't learned) both step forward at the same time. Gostell glares at the priest until he looks sheepish and steps back, then says: "Your highness, with these new taxes we should be able to afford a budget increase for the fortress guard. I know it will be tight, but the fact that you and I are standing here today shows how unready Abystok's guard is. Besides, many of our own rebels are hoping to join, so expanding will make them happy."

After waiting a bit to make sure Gostell is done, the priest speaks up in an obsequious tone: "My king, what good would a larger army do for you? Who would you war with? Graszdat? She still controls a far larger domain, and the Overking would never approve until we have shown we can succeed on our own. Spend your gold where it's guaranteed to come back to you tenfold; make an offering to the gods of wealth. You don't even have to donate to them individually anymore; we now offer a fund that will spread your donation equally among all of them, saving you time and trouble. The sooner you make your offering, the sooner you can reap the benefits!"

A) Increase the military budget!
B) Offer to the gods of wealth!
C) Both of those things!
D) But what about my "giant swimming pool filled with gold" fund?!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:08 am »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:31 am »

. . .I'm Honestly considering the benefits of "D", but I Know that "B" is the better choice... Ah Screw it I'll Flip a coin, Heads D Tails B... Heads.

D.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2018, 01:30:43 am »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2018, 03:22:01 am »

Fine I will [try to] break the tie D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:26:17 am by Basil ii »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40