Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17546 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Old Shanty Town
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2018, 05:39:14 pm »

”come on kitty, we’re moving again.”
go hunting for trouble. Maybe raiders scouting around the outside of town.

You leave town for a bit, alongside your loyal radcat, past the men guarding the gate. If there are any scouts nearby the town, they are better at remaining undetected than you are at finding them. You do find a farmer and his family moving toward the safety of Tripple Trident, with all their meager belongings thrown on their pack brahmin.

Stare at local doctor, who seems to have forgotten about my existance

The doctor stares back.

Deeper.

((OOC note, I'm treating this as one of the job actions which where supposed to be processed in a time-skip after everything to finished.
Now people are doing more things and I have no idea what to do. Arg. If you just start doctering you would have to wait for everyone else to get done with their nonsense. RP with the doctor until everyone else is at a time-skip point?))

Go and ask the guards if they know about the people that are acting strange in the abandoned buildings.

"Its nothing new, if that's what your asking. Every once in a while an addict comes to town, spends all their money on chems, and finds an abandoned building to squat in. They usually end up making trouble, and that's when we step in. Some poor folk save money by sleeping in camps outside of town instead of the inn, which ain't a good idea with the raiders these days. So those folk probably moved to the abandoned buildings instead."

"I'm more than happy to pay bail. The sooner this silly and unfortunate accident is forgotten the sooner I can get back to business."

Our still nameless dwarf friend nods, and the guards release you.
"Don't make any more trouble. At least not until you leave my town, alright?"

Since they're busy with others, meet up with Katie.

The guard talking to you is very much not busy and would very much prefer you not sneak away.
You can still try, if you want.

Go find Vakk and help him with whatever he's going to do.

As your first lucky incident of the day, Vakk had been waiting for you nearby and you are able to follow him out of town. The guards at the gate don't seem to be too happy to let you out of town, but let you pass anyway. You are with Vakk and the radcat now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2018, 05:42:03 pm »

Find Agility based work then start to timeskip.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" she asks confused.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:54 pm »

"Vakk, why are we still here? We're finally out of that hellhole, we should take this opportunity to abandon it to it's fate and continue on our mission. The town is full of crazy people after all, and we're in kind of a time limit. Why waste our time on ungrateful people that hate foreigners like us? I literally got assaulted by a tribal the moment I entered, and then put in jail for not being stabbed in the face with a spear."

"Of course, I'm not talking about abandoning the others. I hope they also manage to escape."

Rant in private with Vakk, making sure no one else eavesdrops and tells the dwarf.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2018, 01:29:12 am »

May I wonder about your education level fellow doctor, where did you receive your degree ?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

Go and look for some of the others from my group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2018, 09:35:28 am »

offer to help the farmer with transporting his belongings, and ask him if he saw any raiders on the way.
”because they are people too. Our best bet is to align with them so that they will assist us in our taskings.”
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:37:07 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2018, 11:01:42 am »

"I don't expect them to reward us at all, but if you say so..."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:13 pm »

Find Agility based work then start to timeskip.

The rodeo is more crowded than you would expect under the circumstances, with a fair amount of people filling the stands and lining up to do runs. Money passes hands as a man jumps triumphantly off of the robotic bull, bowing dramatically as the "creature" continues to go wild behind him.

After some waiting in said line, you make it to the booth and ask for a job. After a quick demonstration of your speed and dexterity, you are given a simple yet important job. A rodeo clown, or at least one of their assistants. When a rider jumps off (or the quicker alternative method of dismounting) one of the living creatures, you go in with a couple of other guys in bright clothing to get its attention so it doesn't violently murder its former rider. Then one of you jumps in a thick nuclear waste barrel that they have promised is clean, letting everyone else get away. It doesn't pay much, but it might line your pockets a little bit.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" she asks confused.

"What where you doing messing around with people's doornobs?" The guard states clearly.

May I wonder about your education level fellow doctor, where did you receive your degree ?

"Degree? Funny one, robot. The last doctor taught me everything I know, before he passed a couple of years back. He actually had a degree. From the school in old Bozeman. I crossed his name out and put mine on it. It should be around here somewhere."

Go and look for some of the others from my group.

You find Hikano, the only person you know who isn't out of town, talking to the guards near an old filling station.

offer to help the farmer with transporting his belongings, and ask him if he saw any raiders on the way.
”because they are people too. Our best bet is to align with them so that they will assist us in our taskings.”

The farmer party consists of a middle aged man and woman in rugged cloths with cheap pipe guns on their back, and their young daughter moving alongside them. They decline your offer of help "We got this far ourselves, we can make it the last bit jus' fine", though they seem grateful. The daughter pets the radcat.

"We saw some smoke a couple of hours from our house and didn't risk it. Probably the closest we saw to raiders. Don't think we would be around anymore if they saw us."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2018, 08:24:58 pm »

Work, work, work.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2018, 06:00:44 am »

"So whats going on over here?"
Stare at the guard while I wait for an answer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2018, 06:27:34 pm »

If Vakk decides to investigate the smoke, use Sneak and follow him from a distance in case he's ambushed or spots the raiders.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2018, 06:29:30 pm »

?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2018, 08:04:43 pm »

feed the kitty a treat for behaving, and go hunting in the general area mentioned by the farmer. find those raiders.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2018, 02:03:17 am »

Well, lets get to the work
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15