Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17589 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Seeing the man run away in (substantiated) terror, Hank, came to the only reasonable conclusion - he would have to prove his luck to everyone, so he found some suitable target and threw one of his spears at it. Everyone knows that when people don't trust you only solution is random acts of aggresion against paper bulls' eyes,
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

beep beep beep

Mr Handy appears!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"You guys do whatever, I'm going to look around the town."
Go and explore the town, especially the rodeo.

The town isn't especially big, even counting the ruins that lay outside the walls and the outlying farms. Much bigger than the vault, but nothing approaching a city the vault's elders spoke of. Most people live in the ruins of old houses, patched up with post-war scraps. Likewise, old main-street has a series of repaired shops selling a variety of goods, alongside a couple of post-war stalls set up by the traveling merchants. Barrels and buckets of water can be seen set up along town, taken from the purifiers in a pond that used to be next to a golf-course.

Surprisingly near the town's entrance is the rodeo, a large structure surrounded by as series of metal fences. Inside the fences are the promised array of animals-a couple angry looking brahmin bulls with impressively large horns. Next to them is the robotic rides, the first a one-headed mechanical bull. Not the mechanical bull you'd see in a bar, but a four-legged nuclear-powered hydraulic bucking machine. Next to it is a Mr. Handy with a chair welded to the top of its head. Its left to freely rotate, adding a spinning twist to the classic ride. The final exhibit combined both robot and animal, being a particularly large cyberdog. It is this beast that is currently hitting the dusty field, trying to knock the rider from its back in front of an impressively sized crowd. With a final buck it succeeds, sending the crowd into a series of cheers and boos as money exchanges hands.

Sneak/Lockpick my way into an empty house. Steal some caps and Sneak/Lock the door out/behind me.

"Come on Katie, go with the Deathclaw.", she whispers before sneaking away.

Leaving the cat behind, the catburgler begins robbing the innocent townspeople. She makes her way to the residential district, discretely finding an empty home, and easily clicks past its defenses. The insides are very plain, with a couple of mattresses lying on the floor and sunlight flowing through the roof in various places. A handful of caps where lying on the counter next to bags filled with food. She swipes them, making her way out the door.

As she is locking the door behind her, from the corner of her eye she sees two guards walking down the street on patrol. One of them points at her, and the pair begins walking in her direction.

((Lockpick PASSED, Sneak FAILED))

check out the merchants and see what they sell. Pet the good radcat named Katie.

Most merchants by the gate are of the traveling variety, with a suitably wide variety of goods available. Most spend their days either traveling to the surrounding settlements or the mining town passed the pass. Those who visit settlements tend to bring back food while selling low-quality supplies and weapons, those who go pass the pass tend to bring the same food wile returning with higher-quality weapons and equipment, in addition to raw metal. It looks like the guards and townspeople bought out all the good guns, but just about anything else should be easy to purchase here.

In addition, it should be easy to get information about the surrounding area. You should also be able to get a job guarding the caravans going back, after the raider issue is dealt with.

As Crank Hank aproached Edgar, his inticts were screaming him to run as fast as possible. There was something horribly wrong with that man, and Edgar could feel the strange aura of dread and misfortune that followed him. A terrible curse of unluck, every word he said foreshadowed cataclysms and disasters.

"W-what the hell is wrong with you?! Get away from me! You reek of bad luck!"

Run towards the rodeo! Get away from there!

Seeing the man run away in (substantiated) terror, Hank, came to the only reasonable conclusion - he would have to prove his luck to everyone, so he found some suitable target and threw one of his spears at it. Everyone knows that when people don't trust you only solution is random acts of aggresion against paper bulls' eyes,

As Edgar's good luck meets its evil opposite, he begins to run like a sensible person. Like an unsensible person, this is met with a thrown spear. His skill overcoming his luck handicap, it pierces a bale of hay feet in front of Edgar blocking his path! Without damaging anything important either! What a strange outcome!

Less strangely, the surrounding people all look his way with their hands on their guns. This includes a Mr. Handy, who's hands are already weapons making this act redundant.

Blaine has nothing he really wants to do here, so he just wanders about seemingly aimlessly. It is not completely aimless however, because as he wandered around, he listened in to every conversation he could hear, slowly learning what he could.

Eavesdrop on everyone and everything I can find. Discreetly.

A Mr. Handy beeps repeatedly.
Several of the refugees are worried about their farms, about the raider attack, and wondering when they can go back home. The townspeople seems to be much more optimistic about their chances.
Gamblers are talking about the rodeo. Mostly about the odds of each beast, and of some of the more popular riders. Apparently a "Champion" managed to last a record 40 seconds on the Steel Bull.

Several merchants are smoking while sitting around a radio. A song plays, before the DJ gives the news.
"Bobcat Mitch here with the latest in Triple Trident's developments. Scouts report that a group of raiders camped outside the settlement have broken off from the main force and are headed north passed the town. If we're lucky, some warlord just ditched with his men. But I wouldn't get your hopes up people. If your a betting man, then put your money on them looking for L and C tribe. That's all I have for news, now back to the music..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Old Shanty Town
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2018, 04:44:20 pm »

"You madman! You tried to kill me!"

Edgar, in response, does a nonlethal aimed shot to the groin of the accursed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2018, 04:48:21 pm »

"Hey! Do you know you seem to have a lot of unlocked doors for some reason?"

Gamble with my Cuteness, Charm, Luck, and Intelligence

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2018, 06:14:45 pm »

hearing the gunshot, Vakk breaks off from checking merchandise and goes to the source of the gunshot, keeping his robe on and being prepared to fight. He also coaxes Katie the radcat to follow him.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2018, 11:01:45 pm »

"That can't be good."

More info gathering!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2018, 05:14:25 am »

Run into the crowd and pray that the Molotov Cocktails on my belt are not hit.

"I fucked up! Don't!"
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2018, 05:36:29 am »

"This town's got a bunch of weirdos in it."
Go and look at what the merchants have.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2018, 08:40:18 am »

load up humor array andTry to distract shooting gentleman with humour to make him miss

What  is best contraceptive for old people ?
Nudity !

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2018, 12:15:54 am »

Possibly not understanding what the words "non-lethal" mean, Edgar looses a shot toward the tribal's vitals. Very vital vitals.

In slow motion, the bullet strikes true. Combined with a certain robot's cheesy joke, the end effect is something out of a crude pre-war comedy. Hands immediately cover the inflicted area, Hank immediately hits the ground and curls into a ball. His poor luck shining through like the sun through the clouds, he doesn't have the luxury of passing out.

All the spectators immediately draw iron and jump to cover. Nobody else gets shot, for the time being, but the nearby guards look very irritated with their very simple request being ignored.

((7 damage. Weakest on the crit chart, maybe his luck isn't terrible afterall?))

Edgar 1/5 bullets.

"Hey! Do you know you seem to have a lot of unlocked doors for some reason?"

Gamble with my Cuteness, Charm, Luck, and Intelligence

It looks like your Luck is what shines through. A gunshot explodes near the gate, and the guards run off to deal with a much more pressing threat as they draw their weapons.
+13 caps.

hearing the gunshot, Vakk breaks off from checking merchandise and goes to the source of the gunshot, keeping his robe on and being prepared to fight. He also coaxes Katie the radcat to follow him.

You arrive just in time to see Edgar standing next to a bail of hay with a spear sticking out of it, while pointing his smoking gun at a tribal in the fetal position with his hands between his legs.

The bystanders are less than amused.

Run into the crowd and pray that the Molotov Cocktails on my belt are not hit.

"I fucked up! Don't!"

You run through the very angry looking crowd when the gunshot rips out toward you. While your molotovs are safe, your cocktails are in serious danger. A sharp pain in your lower body quickly prevents you from running. Rather than being a shot to your legs, it is a shot right between them. Your reflexes kick in, automatically protecting your vitals from further harm. Before you know it you are on the ground in the fetal position.

"This town's got a bunch of weirdos in it."
Go and look at what the merchants have.

Even the permanent merchants have essentially the same equipment as the traveling merchants, with a couple of choice pieces and a good deal more verity. Preparations for the incoming battle have drained a good deal of the good stuff leaving large supplies of low-quality supplies and equipment. A restaurant looks like it sells good quality food, a commodity that doesn't really help with the defenses.

"That can't be good."

More info gathering!

Newest news: Some idiots are getting into a gunfight near the gate. That is the only rumor that you can get as everyone scrambles for cover or somewhere safe. People here generally seem less chatty when gunfights are happening nearby.

load up humor array andTry to distract shooting gentleman with humour to make him miss

What  is best contraceptive for old people ?
Nudity !

The shot is good, despite Robco's most advanced humor array. Perhaps he didn't hear your well timed quip?  In any-case, the situation seems unaffected by your joke. Some of the merchants behind cover seem even more confused.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2018, 12:24:04 am »

Suffer.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2018, 02:05:07 am »

My dear sir, you seem to need medical help

attempt to perform first aid to shot gentleman.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2018, 04:03:25 am »

Look around on the ground to see if I can find any caps.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:17 am »

"Oh, so someone throws a spear at me and no one cares. But when I shoot back in self-defense everyone goes crazy? Am I the only one who thinks that this is wrong?"

Use my intelligence with the guards to punish the jinxed tribal that assaulted me with a sharp weapon. He attacked first!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15