Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17593 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No idea what's the kid talking about.  I haven't seen any deathclaw nearby and I'm honestly thinking the radiation is affecting her brain. So if anyone mentions deathclaws again, they're going to end with even more brain damage because of all of the bullets I'll put inside of their skulls. Understood?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Edgar, there's not going to be any bullets inside skulls except for the raiders. be quiet before someone decides to defend themselves out of fear."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry. It's just that deathclaws are kind of a sensible topic for me. See?"

As he says this, Edgar points to his scarred and deformed face.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Well, how else would I get around? He's a real softie really."

"Not so sure about our pet Deathclaw though. He's a bit weird"

"Most people take to walking or Bramin carts. I guess it really isn't that different if you think about it. Now if you got some invisible Deathclaw on your tail that would get us real worried. Things are trouble enough as they are."

Pout
"Katie, he's being mean."
Pet the Radcat now named Katie.

The Radcat meows affirmatively.

Blaine pretends he didn't hear that, and turns his attention back to the guard.
"Anyways, I'm a Doctor, so my skills should help during this raider attack, even if I'm useless in a fight."

"Could always use another doctor after a big attack. Hope you brought supplies too, we've been running low even before the attack."

"Just point me in the direction of the enemy so I can kill them."

"Haha, that's the spirit. We're mostly waiting for them to come to us. Better chance to win if we got a wall to sit behind, with all the good food and medical care we need minutes away. If you're itching for a fight we could point you in the direction of one of their camps. Otherwise you're stuck waiting here with us."

The guard politely ignores the blatant threat, apparently in a good mood from having some new volunteers.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

”smart thinking tactically, but if they really want to get their leader back that badly then they’re going to pull out all the stops. Did you scout to see how they were preparing?? Anything resembling siege weaponry? It wouldn’t do to have a mini-nuke dumped on your heads over the wall.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

”smart thinking tactically, but if they really want to get their leader back that badly then they’re going to pull out all the stops. Did you scout to see how they were preparing?? Anything resembling siege weaponry? It wouldn’t do to have a mini-nuke dumped on your heads over the wall.”

"Ha, that'd be a sight. There basically a group of tribals who started taking other people's things. Usually starting with their lives. Most of 'em are packing spears or black powder rifles. Leaders get some of the guns they swiped off the people they killed. Even if they put some kinda cannon together they'd have problem getting it here without us shooting at 'em. Ladders are the only siege equipment we expect them to bring."

The guard strokes his beard.

"Problem is their numbers. There is a sea of those bandits, and if they are all gathered together we could be in big trouble."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...So, can we now enter the town?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do you have any idea when their going to show up, and are we still going to be on this side of the wall when they get here?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"...So, can we now enter the town?"

"Do you have any idea when their going to show up, and are we still going to be on this side of the wall when they get here?"

"Right, right. You guys can come in. No firing, unless you are shooting something that really deserves it. Will spook everyone. They should attack in the next few days. Will probably give us plenty of warning, too many to try something stealthy as a group. Its a bit hard to tell with their leader gone. They're trying for a unified attack right after they got split up after their leader got taken. Bunch of lesser leaders trying to command everyone, all while backstabbing and infighting to secure their own power.

Anyway, if you are planing on gambling and drinking, check out the old rodeo. Plenty of games to bet on, either participating yourself or betting on other people. They got some of the old robots up, and the meanest bramin this side of the Rockies."

The man hits a keypad, causing the bus-gate to slide upwards.

"Welcome to Triple Trident."

As the group enters the town, they see what appears to be a Merchant harbor. Several bramin pens, currently stocked full as farmers and traders take refuge from the raider threat. Old park benches are placed throughout, some occupied by what appear to be merchants, tribals, mercenaries, farmers, and other settlers. There is much more open room here than the pens. A cloth canopy protects the group from the harsh light of the sun. Half way down there is a freezer tied to a group of wires with the words "Nuka Cola 15 caps" written in pen on a sheet of paper, duct taped to the thing under the watchful eye of a guard.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Some men are born natural winners. A silver spoon in their mouth or a watchful eye of their pocket saviour keep them from getting burned on their mistakes and their confidence always inspired lesser men. Some men aren't so lucky, but their drive, their determination pushes them ever further forwards. They pull themselves by their bootstraps until they can match with the best of men.

Some men are simply persistent. And even a blind man could see the persistence of Crank Hank. Nothing could stop him, not danger, not fear, not bloody good reason. That meant that when he confidently approached the gamblers he felt no fear as he insulted the richest man in the room into betting against him rodeoing the maddest brahmin in the city. If Hank won? He'd get more caps than he could count. If he lost, he'd enlist in the local militia and "hopefully get his scrawny ass shot to bits".

But Crank Hank never loses.

That's why when the brahmin threw him off within a second Crank Hank beamed with pride. His master plan was getting to fruition and not even the man himself knew what the master plan was. The only problem that remained was getting his hands on some cash. Sure enough, when Hank stepped out of the big tent, he saw a group that could only be filled with marks. A hobo, some doctory type, a random chap, a perfectly standard and uninteresting man with mild mutations and a girl with some weird dog sound like a group full of uninteresting lives and which most likely never saw action.

Then, Hank approached the man in the middle, the one who looked like an Edgar (it's in the expression, you see).

"Howdy, buddy! Say, you in for a little gamblin'? I bet ya you can't outwrangle me on dem brahmin, boy. I bet ya my healing powder for yer Nuka."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You guys do whatever, I'm going to look around the town."
Go and explore the town, especially the rodeo.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sneak/Lockpick my way into an empty house. Steal some caps and Sneak/Lock the door out/behind me.

"Come on Katie, go with the Deathclaw.", she whispers before sneaking away.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

check out the merchants and see what they sell. Pet the good radcat named Katie.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Crank Hank aproached Edgar, his inticts were screaming him to run as fast as possible. There was something horribly wrong with that man, and Edgar could feel the strange aura of dread and misfortune that followed him. A terrible curse of unluck, every word he said foreshadowed cataclysms and disasters.

"W-what the hell is wrong with you?! Get away from me! You reek of bad luck!"

Run towards the rodeo! Get away from there!

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

Blaine has nothing he really wants to do here, so he just wanders about seemingly aimlessly. It is not completely aimless however, because as he wandered around, he listened in to every conversation he could hear, slowly learning what he could.

Eavesdrop on everyone and everything I can find. Discreetly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15