Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17580 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Feed my kitty and stand guard for the night. I can sleep during the day.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Our group prepares to camp for the night, under the watchful eyes of a Deathclaw. What could possibly lead to a better rest than being watched by that creature all night?

As morning light comes around, the team disbands their camp and sets off once again for the town. Finally with boots on pavement, they make swift time down the hill to the open fields. Mostly dusty, with the occasional speck of yellow and green showing how life goes on in the wasteland. Broken radioactive waste barrels also dot the landscape seemingly at random, showing how death is just around every corner. Luckily enough most of it is far away from the roadside.

You pass a couple of farm houses in various states of disrepair, all from before the war. Trucks and cars can be found every few miles, usually with skeletons in the drivers seat. By noon you pass through what was once the small town of Harrison. It's even smaller now that half the houses are knocked over, and you manage to walk through it without anything trying to kill you. Except the sun, which continues to beat down on you mercilessly. Walking off the black pavement helps slightly, but makes the walk harder in return. Your flasks make the journey livable, but you should probably stock up on pure water when you hit the settlement.

Once your map says you are getting closer, things get greener. A couple of farm houses-post war this time- can be found next to fields producing enough to live on. Looks like nobody is home though. Even the bramin pens are empty. Something must have happened to drive them from their homes. Recently too, given how well maintained the fields are.

As the sun begins to set, you finally approach your destination. Obviously, this is a true post-war settlement. A bold junk fence constructed of tin, broken grain silos, cars, airplane parts, bits of wood, recycled chain link, and god knows what else. Friendly white-painted letters denote this location as "TRIPLE TRIDENT", on a sheet of plywood near the yellow school bus acting as a gate.. Guard posts are placed intermediately throughout, with a couple of men in cowboy hats with duck-taped hunting rifles manning their post.

From behind the gate, a voice offers a friendly greeting. "Freeze!" it says. The guards appear to be on high alert, but haven't gone so far as to actually point their pieces your way. "State your business, strangers. We're expecting trouble. You don't look like the trouble we're expecting, but we don't need any more trouble anyway. You don't look like the farmers, herders, or tribals that have been running here to safety."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that I've been riding the cat on and off. Benefit of being light.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You know, if you don't want trouble then you probably shouldn't greet visitors like that. I would have thought that you were raiders! My business? I came here to gamble and get wasted, no idea what everyone else wants."

Talk stuff.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

”Trouble? Perhaps we could deal with it, either by tracking it down and eliminating it or by bolstering your defense. speaking of which, what kind of trouble is it?”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mou... Do I really look like trouble.."

Act cute. Gain Sympathy. Make Profit.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"You know, if you don't want trouble then you probably shouldn't greet visitors like that. I would have thought that you were raiders! My business? I came here to gamble and get wasted, no idea what everyone else wants."

Talk stuff.

"Its a special occasion. Not the kind to celebrate with drink and games neither. Normally, you would get a much more polite hello."

The voice comes out form inside the gate. A short, stocky man around Hikano's height. He has a long beard and is outfitted with metal armor, with a rifle on his back much like the other guards.

”Trouble? Perhaps we could deal with it, either by tracking it down and eliminating it or by bolstering your defense. speaking of which, what kind of trouble is it?”

"You fellows mercenaries? Would explain the look. If you haven't heard we're expecting a big raider attack any minute now. Our tribal buddies from L and C captured the leader of that big raider group from the ruins during a lucky attack on one of their camps the other day. Big news, been all the radio's talked about since they did it. Problem is...well, the raiders want her back. Been gathering up their men, getting ready to launch an attack on our little city. They think we have her, or maybe they just havn't found the Tribal's village yet and want to get the location from us. Either way we could use all the help we could get. Can't pay as much as we'd like too."

"Mou... Do I really look like trouble.."

Act cute. Gain Sympathy. Make Profit.

"Miss, we saw you ride in on that radcat there, with a group of armed men. If that isn't some kind of trouble, its at least a good application for the rodeo."

((And I just realized we don't have a Face anymore. Huh. ))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, how else would I get around? He's a real softie really."

"Not so sure about our pet Deathclaw though. He's a bit weird"

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"Miss, we saw you ride in on that radcat there, with a group of armed men. If that isn't some kind of trouble, its at least a good application for the rodeo."
"You forgot to mention the Deathclaw."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No I didn't."

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"No I didn't."
"I wasn't talking to you."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pout
"Katie, he's being mean."
Pet the Radcat now named Katie.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

Pout
"Katie, he's being mean."
Pet the Radcat now named Katie.
Blaine pretends he didn't hear that, and turns his attention back to the guard.
"Anyways, I'm a Doctor, so my skills should help during this raider attack, even if I'm useless in a fight."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Well, how else would I get around? He's a real softie really."

"Not so sure about our pet Deathclaw though. He's a bit weird"
”Deathclaw? There’s no deathclaws here, last I checked. I’m just severely mutated. Also, don’t forget who’s idea it was to tame our slightly fluffy companion.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Just point me in the direction of the enemy so I can kill them."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15