Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17494 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Old Shanty Town
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2018, 09:18:30 pm »

Work, work, work.

Well, lets get to the work

((I really have to find out how to handle this :V

One option: Mr. Badluck gets injured in his dangerous job and gets sent to the hospital, allowing you two to meet and do stuff instead of just waiting for a time skip.

Solves two problems at least >_>))

"So whats going on over here?"
Stare at the guard while I wait for an answer.

"We caught this young lady snooping around. Looks like she was breaking into houses or something. Pulled a knife on the guard when he went after her."

?

((I have no idea where the confusion lies :V))

feed the kitty a treat for behaving, and go hunting in the general area mentioned by the farmer. find those raiders.

If Vakk decides to investigate the smoke, use Sneak and follow him from a distance in case he's ambushed or spots the raiders.

The pair (and their loyal animal companion) go off in the direction the farmer mentioned, leaving him to head into town with his family.

Conveniently, it seems several hours away. Long enough for a time skip!

((...If we can get the Hikano thread cut.

I never though you guys would scatter the second you hit town >_>))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2018, 06:58:07 am »

Playing innocent. What else?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2018, 08:10:12 am »

I'm okay with a timeskip.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2018, 11:22:45 am »

"Weird, okay I'm gonna leave you guys to your business."
Time skip time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2018, 09:19:09 pm »

Playing innocent. What else?

The guard sighs in exasperation, scratching the back of his head and looking at his allies.

"We really don't have time to deal with this right now. So here is the deal. Hand over whatever you stole and any additional caps you have on you as a fine. Then you can walk away. Sound good?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2018, 08:45:05 am »

"Eh. K."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2018, 11:20:39 pm »

timeskip time!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 02:19:12 pm »

With that settled, the young girl pays the fine and is let free. So ends the legal trouble of our Wandering Group, at least for the time being.

T I M E S K I P

The rodeo job goes better than expected. Despite a couple close calls, you manage to outrun every threat that comes your way! Usually narrowly. It seems like all the brahmin really want you dead, so they usually end up targeting you over the rider. In most situations that would be considered annoying, but in this one specific case it makes your job a little easier. When the sun starts to set, the rodeo begins to close for the night, and the owner hands you a modest 20 caps for the day's work.

Your job as a doctor wasn't very eventful. A couple of bruises from the rodeo, a couple of broken bones from a bar fight, and a scout with a few bullets in him. Most of the challenge came from trying to conserve resources. You manage to not lose anyone, and most of your visitors where able to walk out on their own. Those that couldn't are sound asleep in the doctor's relatively-clean beds by the time the sun starts to set. As the sun starts to set, the Doctor hands you 20 caps, along with an apology that the clinic's resources are so low.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. That simple wisdom naturally holds true in this case, as the out-of-town pair (+1) finally arrives at the source of the smoke as the sun is beginning to set. An old (as in, pre-war) farm house had been set on fire, currently making it a blackened husk of its former self (and it wasn't all that impressive to begin with). More smoke signals could be seen throughout the valley, heading north. Vakk smells gunpowder, but there are no immediate signs of any nearby raiders. The fields remain mostly untouched.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2018, 02:31:19 pm »

Report to the leader of the militia. Train a bit with my spears if I get the chance.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:24 am »

Wonder around some more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »

Try to find something to improve in local medical help organization

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2018, 09:36:09 am »

Sneak around the farm house and seaech the area for any raiders, just in case. If I find nothing, try to track where did they go.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »

Report to the leader of the militia. Train a bit with my spears if I get the chance.

The militia leader polity reminds you of the old military wisdom "Sleep whenever you can" and proceeds to give a practical demonstration by hitting his bunk.

You then head off to the militia training field, what used to be the school's sports field. It isn't too much, a track with a shooting range of the empty beer bottle variety with a man-made hill behind it, and a couple of straw dummies in the middle of the field. Still it is a perfect place to practice with your weapon.

And by spear training I greatly hope you mean with the thing you threw earlier.

Wonder around some more.

The town is starting to calm down, with all the inhabitants getting somewhere safe for the night. Currently the most active place seems to be an old bar, with yellow light pouring out of every opening (most of which seem to be intentionally placed). You can hear the radio playing through the open door, a song playing before the news update.

"Forcefully evicted farmers have reported that the Raider gang operating out of the old ruins has apparently changed their strategy and are now burning vulnerable homesteads outside of Triple Trident. Rumor has it this is part of a strategy to lay siege to town, however the main group has yet to act if that is the case. My correspondent with the L&C tribe suggests they may be looking for something in the area. Well that's all I got, lets get back to the music..."

Try to find something to improve in local medical help organization

Despite the Medic's lack of formal education, they seem to have exhausted every available resource inside the town. Most of the traders (not wanting to die here) have already sold their available medical equipment to the local doctor, and a reasonable stockpile has been prepared for the invasion. If you want to make any real progress in the state of things, you'll probably have to search outside of the walls. Or perhaps wait until the invasion is over, and rationing ends.

Sneak around the farm house and seaech the area for any raiders, just in case. If I find nothing, try to track where did they go.

Between the dying firelight and the fading sun, you don't see any raiders or other humans (living or dead). Your companions are no exception to this. If raiders are nearby, they must be really good at hiding. There are some signs of tracks, but since it has been so dry lately, they likely belong to the former owner of the house rather than more recent assailants.

However, the Deathclaw's survival skills and nose are much keener than yours. He picks up a faint scent over the smell of smoke. The distinctly raider smell of gunpowder, sweat, and chems. It is likely enough to work with, though unlike the traditional method it is difficult to tell how many there where. The scent should last for some time, barring heavy rain.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2018, 07:16:58 am »

Train with the weapon I've thrown earlier, then hit the bunks.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2018, 07:48:02 am »

Go look for an abandoned car and go to sleep inside of it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15